400k baht father visa UK to Thailand Latest?

Hello

My 1st Child, a boy is due end of Feb. 

I wish to stay on the 400k baht visa as a parent.

I understand there are many hurdles but unfortunately I cannot find recent links for this on the site. Can someone kindly provide some links or perhaps break down the exact process? 

Help Highly appreciated.

Flying back to UK on 4th and returning 15th with or without this 400k parent visa. 

Edited by Rc2702

If you want a 1 year Multiple Entry Visa you won't get it in the U.K. You might get it from the consulate in Penang, Malaysia if you can show the equivalent of 400K in a bank account and a birth certificate.

If you are asking about a 1 year extension of stay as a parent (not a visa).....

First you need to enter Thailand using a Non-Immigrant 'O' visa, which will give you permission to stay for 90 days.

You can apply for that visa, once you have a birth certificate, from the UK, or several Embassies/Consulates in countries neighbouring Thailand.

If you are not married to the mother, before you can apply for the extension of stay, you will need to legalise your parenthood in a court. An easy process with the mothers concent. Once that is done you will be able to apply for a 1 year extension of stay at which time you need to show at least 400K in a Thai bank.