British curriculum school in BKK upto 400,000 BHT

Sure, St. John's International School. One of the oldest schools in Thailand, the international school has been open for 25 years now and it used to be one of the most expensive international schools in Thailand up there with Bangkok Patana and UN school (now New International School) in the old days. Long tradition but not fancy any longer. The campus used to be great with 25 metre swimming pool, running track and all but it is old(er) nowadays of course. It's located close to Central Latprao  

The best of it all is that there are only around 10 - 12 students in each class nowadays

Prices have dropped a lot the last 6-7 years and are now less than THB 300,000 per year if you take the 10% discount by paying for the whole year upfront.

I checked up all international schools decently close to where I live last year and decided for St. John's and I'll move my daughter there for grade 7. It should be noted that you also get Filipino teachers for that price of course (50 - 50) but I don't mind that. They all have ED degrees and my experience with professional Filipino teachers in Bangkok is that they are good, very big difference from non-professional teachers

You can find their prices and contact info at http://www.international.stjohn.ac.th/sjis_school_fees.asp

The principle Tony seems nice and good

Michael 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Yes. They have helped the remaining international school students to find other schools for next term   

Which ones, if you don't mind sharing? Any international schools with comparable fees?

3 minutes ago, XGM said:

Which ones, if you don't mind sharing? Any international schools with comparable fees?

British curriculum is much more expensive than American curriculum. If you look for British curriculum around Bangkok, then the only Cambridge / edxcel certified school I know of below 400,000 total cost per year is Modern International School (predominately Indian) and it is full, not a single seat left. RC is British curriculum without certification that offer up to grade 7, that would be cheaper of course. You can find some more information here 

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/956630-international-schools-200k-a-year/#comment-11390234

American curriculum is much less sought after and much cheaper. If you can accept that and that the certification means little to nothing (no regular on-site follow up) then there are more options. Ekamai International school, Trinity, Niva are 3 cheap options. I think Ekamai is full

Michael

Archived