nana plaza back in the day

upside

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, upside said:

For some reason this pic I can't see 

Any chance you could try and post it again please? 

You'll have to download it first. Right-click on it for options.

And when you do download it and open it, you'll see why he attached it like that.  At any rate, look at it soon, it's bound to be removed by the you-know-whos soon!

1 minute ago, Saastrajaa said:

You'll have to download it first.  And when you do, you'll see why he attached it like that.  At any rate, look at it soon, it's bound to be removed by the you-know-whos soon!

I believe he may be joking!

On 1/12/2017 at 8:53 PM, Fabricus said:

I'd just watched Man U beat Munich in the final of the Champions League

Solskjaer scoring from a corner in 1999  . I was in a pub in Oslo . 

27 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Found some more photos on the web.

Patpong October, 1992 - 3 photos.

Soi Cowboy same time. - 1

Nana Hotel 1979 - 1

1484477614394.jpg1484477634265.jpg1484477649268.jpg1484477667067.jpg1484477686605.jpg

You copy photos from the internet without giving credit, wilsonandson?

I took the first 4 images above during my first trip to Thailand in 1992.

Here's another from that trip of the Asoke intersection, shot from the pedestrian bridge near Soi 23, looking west down Sukhumvit, before the Sheraton was build. 

I think I'll watermark this one!

32320835955_cd20d834a5_o.jpg

5 minutes ago, Saastrajaa said:

No, I'm quite serious.  I've seen posts locked for a lot less...and that would be a shame if it happened to this one, it's wonderful!

The link is still accessible and the content does not contravene forum rules as far as I can tell, but there should be some sort of law against that young lady's derrière.

Edit to add: I'm slightly surprised by the contributors to this thread, or perhaps I should say I'm surprised by the lack of members posting who have claimed so many times to have lived in Thailand for hundreds of years yet have nothing to contribute. What's all that about I wonder.

In the photo of Cowboy on the right we have Pam's bar, Loretta is next bar down street.

Across the road where Jim's Bar then Tony's.

Pam had been 'Foreman' to Nong in Loretta, another Buriram girl and when Nong 's business failed she took over the special service for local business man.

I got on well with Pam, A Big Woman, but several folk told stories of her Padding bills. She offered a free Christmas Dinner open to all for many years. That came to and end when a large group of Frang  'Teachers' went in sat down ate dinner only ordered water and left.

She was very upset and no more freebie Christmas lunch. 

Tony's bar was owned by a Yank in the oil industry in Egypt, good hand I got on well with him and run mainly for his wife's benefit also he could play Landlord when in town as we say in UK.

Can't place name of bar closer then Jim's, Austrian owned my memory says. Single shop house bar and well run with some class girls.

I got on well with one, a bigger girl who could really shake her body, on stage and in bed, she was honest that she had a boyfriend in the Marine Embassy guard who she would marry.

I got married myself and about 10 years later after divorce I was in Playschool down Nana, the place with a centre stage and surrounding tiers of seats.

She came and sat next to me and neither of us let on we recognized the other. We ended up in the short time place up first flight of stairs, she would do short time only

All the old magic had gone, once great now 'Broken', upset me.

john

I think the name was Playschool for down Cowboy there was Afterschool, or it was other way round.

The Cowboy school had the Naughty-boy's Corner at far end of bar. Always amusing watching the faces of guys sat there receiving their "Punishment", manually or sometimes Oral

On 1/11/2017 at 2:55 PM, teakman said:

beers were still relatively cheap then at 20baht at the beginning(exchange then @25b/$1) and bar fines @200b and the dancer was 200-300baht with no time restraints then like they are now. most of the time they would even wash your clothes for you and clean your place.real gf experiences then unlike now. different times indeed!

Don't forget you were 30 years younger yourself, and other people today who are 30 years younger than you and fresh off the plane are still having very convincing gf experiences, with all the associated emotional tantrums.  Chances are you wouldn't even appreciate a gf experience at this point in life, I know I don't.  Girls sense that too; would some emo tantrum because you looked at another bargirl, or went out for a drink without calling her every 20 minutes really work on you right now, complete with hints at suicide and what not? :)   I'd probably laugh quite loud if someone tried.

15 hours ago, camble said:

Here's another from that trip of the Asoke intersection, shot from the pedestrian bridge near Soi 23, looking west down Sukhumvit, before the Sheraton was build. 

Thankyou

photo-thumb-4715.jpg

On 14/01/2017 at 6:20 PM, chiang mai said:

I remember Mr Walls of ice cream fame, a grandson or similar and his family house near mine in OXON in the 1990's. His best advice was to go to the buffet on the top floor of the Landmark, eat all the smoked salmon and then make them bring more! An odd fellow.

David Walls, ex English teacher and nothing to do with the ice cream family. Wheedled his way into Nana early 90's as a middleman for a bar sale. He was an acquaintance of Richard H. Involved in G-Spot, Voodoo, Fantasia all under the same umbrella, with some Aussie involvement. I last saw Walls in 2006 in the Intercon hotel in Phnom Penh, still doing visa runs despite his 'high powered' status. Another PhD BS artist. BKK was full of them.....and probably still is. After all, isn't it the Walter Mitty's 'Foreign Legion' ?!

9 minutes ago, freebyrd said:

David Walls, ex English teacher and nothing to do with the ice cream family. Wheedled his way into Nana early 90's as a middleman for a bar sale. He was an acquaintance of Richard H. Involved in G-Spot, Voodoo, Fantasia all under the same umbrella, with some Aussie involvement. I last saw Walls in 2006 in the Intercon hotel in Phnom Penh, still doing visa runs despite his 'high powered' status. Another PhD BS artist. BKK was full of them.....and probably still is. After all, isn't it the Walter Mitty's 'Foreign Legion' ?!

Live and learn I knew he was odd!

On 15/01/2017 at 11:29 AM, camble said:

Great pics camble...please share more!

On 1/15/2017 at 7:42 PM, upside said:

No I'm not Kevin and there's no secrets sorry mate if you thought that 

So who do you claim "owned" the Hollywood bars?

All the bars in Nana as far as I know were leased or sub-leased if you really want to be picky. I am talking about the businesses.

Somebody also claims Johnny's name was Eric, but he has no proof, just what he calls "common knowledge."

I suspect you are doing the same...

:1zgarz5:

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

A colleague of mine came to work near Bangkok for a while around 1990 ( I guess) and he told me tales of The Wank Bar and No Hands Restaurant.
Anybody remember, or heard of, these ??

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not sure about "Wank Bar" but blowjobs were the name of the game at Star of Asia and Kangaroo in Patpong. No Hands Restaurant was on Rama 4 round the corner from Surawong end.

Not sure about "Wank Bar" but blowjobs were the name of the game at Star of Asia and Kangaroo in Patpong. No Hands Restaurant was on Rama 4 round the corner from Surawong end.

He told me that a guy he was working with told they were going to the Wank Bar tonight, he assumed it was a nickname but when they got there it was on a big neon sign The Wank Bar.
Maybe he just embellished the story a bit !

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

He told me that a guy he was working with told they were going to the Wank Bar tonight, he assumed it was a nickname but when they got there it was on a big neon sign The Wank Bar.
Maybe he just embellished the story a bit !

You do see some funny misspellings here on menus and signs, but it would surprise me if it was a big neon bar name sign. Soft drinks and other stuff in Asia gets called some inappropriate names just by ignorance of the meaning in English.

Maybe one of the other guys saw it, not me I'm afraid.

You do see some funny misspellings here on menus and signs, but it would surprise me if it was a big neon bar name sign. Soft drinks and other stuff in Asia gets called some inappropriate names just by ignorance of the meaning in English.
Maybe one of the other guys saw it, not me I'm afraid.

Well we were all pretty jealous that he'd come to Bangkok anyway so he probably just spiced it up a bit !!

Archived