Samet bungalows to be torn down by next month - state coffers up after corrupt officials cleared out

webfact

4 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Noble thought, but probably Impossible to prove , unless undercover staff were counting last year's visitors, or there are whistleblowers.  That numbers had multiplied after removal of suspected corriupt staff wouldn't qualify as proof In a court............ unfortunately.

U

Why is it impossible to prove.  Get into their bank accounts and assets, this should tell a story. Take everything away from them as they only stole it in the first place.

8 hours ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

Will these corrupt officials face jail time like an unconnected thief would? An example should be made of these scumbags.

My sentiments exactly. How many of them will be bought to court for theft & embezzlement, or will it be another case of "Geng Jai of other Thai's" & nobody does anything.

7 hours ago, oldsailor35 said:

Why is it impossible to prove.  Get into their bank accounts and assets, this should tell a story. Take everything away from them as they only stole it in the first place.

Unless there is a paper trail, and I suspect that if they're stealing from the government, then they wouldn't be providing evidence.

The onus of proof is more than just a suspicion, or in this case, revenue improving after certain people are removed.

The criteria for a conviction is "beyond reasonable doubt", and that's often not what the layman thinks it is.

12 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Simple, u rebuild. ?

I've seen and read about a lot of places that have been torn down.  None were replaced.  There's a whole section near me and it's lovely now.  Nice beach with no building encroaching on the sea.

I am a little worried that they may change the beaches into a sterile, boring place to be. Like Florida's beaches. I really like the vendors making things comfortable and providing food and drink. I would however like to see fines for vendors not providing garbage cans and for not keeping their stretch of beach clean. Nice clean public toilets would be a big plus too.

21 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

Does anyone know which resorts are being torn down, I have never seen any mention of the specific encroachments?. Wong Duen beach comes to mind as the bars are almost in the sea ....

The first time I went there, we caught a taxi meter. which had no meter.

I asked him to drive around as we wanted to look for place to stay.

he would not stop when we asked him to and took us to a place we never asked to go.

Then we told him to go back to the place we wanted him to stop, he did , but then he went in ahead of us and talked to reception.

I asked him how much we owed him and asked him to leave.

I then talked to reception and he admitted that the taxi wanted commission for taking us there.

Because we were tired we stayed one night.

The bungalow's were on the beach 1500 per night, run down and mosquitos could fly through  the gaps in the windows.

The next day  we hired a jeep and I saw a hotel not far from the beach, I went in and asked to see a room, it was nice and only 500BHT per night, with nice big balcony and only five minutes walk from the beach very nice.

I found the songtels to be thieving crooks wanting 300 BHT each to take us to a restaurant around the coast a few kilometre's after trying about ten more the fare came down to fifty BHT each for 2 falangs and 30 each BHT for the 2 Thai ladies..

I never would go back again, it is a crying shame that LOS tourism is rapidly getting worse by the year as  more and more greedy mafia and corrupt officials hold their hands out, murder and rob tourists.

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The first time I went there, we caught a taxi meter. which had no meter.

I asked him to drive around as we wanted to look for place to stay.

he would not stop when we asked him to and took us to a place we never asked to go.

Then we told him to go back to the place we wanted him to stop, he did , but then he went in ahead of us and talked to reception.

I asked him how much we owed him and asked him to leave.

I then talked to reception and he admitted that the taxi wanted commission for taking us there.

Because we were tired we stayed one night.

The bungalow's were on the beach 1500 per night, run down and mosquitos could fly through  the gaps in the windows.

The next day  we hired a jeep and I saw a hotel not far from the beach, I went in and asked to see a room, it was nice and only 500BHT per night, with nice big balcony and only five minutes walk from the beach very nice.

I found the songtels to be thieving crooks wanting 300 BHT each to take us to a restaurant around the coast a few kilometre's after trying about ten more the fare came down to fifty BHT each for 2 falangs and 30 each BHT for the 2 Thai ladies..

I never would go back again, it is a crying shame that LOS tourism is rapidly getting worse by the year as  more and more greedy mafia and corrupt officials hold their hands out, murder and rob tourists.

Yet 30 million still come!

Also they are charging 20bt for people driving motorbikes through when they didnt before plus they stop everyone when before if you drove through or just walked through confidently they didnt stop you.
So the numbers arent entirely accurate

On 1/13/2017 at 3:43 PM, sabaii69 said:

Now, maybe these same officials will bring the park into compliance with disabled standards. Disabled persons cannot enjoy the park. This is what a disabled person will find: no handrails and dangerous steps to climb.

20160110_190726.jpg

Not just an issue confined to Koh Samed but also one for Rayong Province in general (and indeed the whole of Thailand, I suspect). Banks and post offices in my experience can only be accessed  by climbing steep steps with rickety or non-existent handrails.

And don't even get me started on the long and dangerous flight of steps which need to be negotiated in order to gain access to the Star World complex in Rayong!

The one place I know of in this part of the world which does have a ramp is the local immigration office at Maptaput

On 1/13/2017 at 2:37 PM, craigt3365 said:

How do you reallocate when the bungalows are torn down?

My mistake..., I didn't realize the bungalows in question were named "Opportunity".   Come stay in our lovely Opportunity bungalows...., # 1..., # 2...., #3.

Archived