Any low carb beers in Thailand

thequietman

I am now realising the benefits of reduced carbs in your diet. Reduced them and in 1 week, lost 3 kg.

I would like to have an occasional cheat, so do any of you guys know a low carb beer here in Thailand.

It doesn't show it on the bottle so that's why I don't know.  Many thanks in advance.

I recently changed from LEO to San Miguel light, great in the small bottle with some lime.

San Miguel Light - Beer
Calories 105 Sodium
Total Fat 0 g Potassium
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars

53 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I recently changed from LEO to San Miguel light, great in the small bottle with some lime.

San Miguel Light - Beer
Calories 105 Sodium
Total Fat 0 g Potassium

thanks for that. However there is no figure for carbs ! What is it please?

55 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

San Miguel Light - Beer
Calories 105 Sodium
Total Fat 0 g Potassium

It only has 3 grams of carbs. Thats pretty good. :)

9 hours ago, seank said:

3kg in 1week, that's brilliant-well done.

A lot of the weight lost by going low carb is not fat at all but initial water loss. In the liver and muscle there is a lot of glycogen (stored carb based energy), that glycogen binds with water and once its burned and no longer replaced (because of the low carbs) you lose a lot of water weight. In general the real fat loss comes later.  Each gram of glycogen burned and lost also releases 4 grams of water. So the moment you eat some carbs the weight comes back(carbs turn into glycogen bond with water and voila) . That is the explanation of the quick loss of weight at the beginning. Later weight loss is more likely to be fat loss because the glycogen is gone already and wont influence the weight loss. 

But its still a good way to go low carb (for many) but people should not equate weight loss to what we really want fat loss. But I applaud anyone for taking charge and getting rid of the fat. 

11 hours ago, robblok said:

A lot of the weight lost by going low carb is not fat at all but initial water loss. In the liver and muscle there is a lot of glycogen (stored carb based energy), that glycogen binds with water and once its burned and no longer replaced (because of the low carbs) you lose a lot of water weight. In general the real fat loss comes later.  Each gram of glycogen burned and lost also releases 4 grams of water. So the moment you eat some carbs the weight comes back(carbs turn into glycogen bond with water and voila) . That is the explanation of the quick loss of weight at the beginning. Later weight loss is more likely to be fat loss because the glycogen is gone already and wont influence the weight loss. 

But its still a good way to go low carb (for many) but people should not equate weight loss to what we really want fat loss. But I applaud anyone for taking charge and getting rid of the fat. 

Carbs = energy and without at least 30-40 minutes excersize per day, it gets stored as fat, so eat a low carb diet and excersize, but also pig out one day per week to confuse the body and change what you eat daily.

12 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Carbs = energy and without at least 30-40 minutes excersize per day, it gets stored as fat, so eat a low carb diet and excersize, but also pig out one day per week to confuse the body and change what you eat daily.

Not quite agreeing here, carbs are energy, but so are proteins and fat. Carbs wont be stored as fat if your in a caloric deficit. It is never about the kind of calories but the amount. The exception is of course if your only eating highly processed carbs. But if your eating oats and other carbs that influence the insulin less than white bread for instance  your pretty safe. Not to mention if you exercise 30-40 minutes a day your body can tolerate carbs a whole lot better than those people who don't. Nothing wrong with low carb (it works for many) but in the end its about the amount of calories and any diet that restricts then will work. its just that for many low carb is easier to maintain. 

This is not the case for someone like me who does strenuous exercise that requires explosive force. Carbs are then still the preferred energy source. But the average couch potatoes is better off going low carb.