Intellectual Whore

Simbaya

26 minutes ago, amykat said:

Maybe this is taking ACTION. 

Wat is?  Sitting at a keyboard feeling sorry for yourself?  You have been given the greatest gift in the universe - LIFE - so the least you can do is make the best of it.

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I live in a parallel universe , I have never had any abuse on here and never been reported for being abusive.

I don't get that many people see the forum as being anti female.

Essentially the OP said the solution was that there was a group of men who didn't like women but wanted to engage in conversation. I think they were the crossover group on the diagram ?

I still don't get it , I think I have had too much caffeine this morning.

And very ironically I have a visiting (male) friend who I spent the early morning with, in discussion covering everything from Trump to commodity prices and some more.

Now I am in dilemma about which of us is the "Intellectual Whore".

So please try to work that one out while I get down to some more work for the afternoon!

19 minutes ago, cmsally said:

Maybe I live in a parallel universe , I have never had any abuse on here and never been reported for being abusive.

Essentially the OP said the solution was that there was a group of men who didn't like women but wanted to engage in conversation. I think they were the crossover group on the diagram ?

And very ironically I have a visiting (male) friend who I spent the early morning with, in discussion covering everything from Trump to commodity prices and some more.

So please try to work that one out while I get down to some more work for the afternoon!

That's easy. Your friend is the misogynist.

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

Oh wow. I never "called you an obscene name" in the Imm. thread. Just shows where your mind is at. The term I used is "the C word" and I meant corruption. How else would you describe CM Imm? (I doubt they're reading this thread.)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I know what you called me and so do you. Leave it at that.

11 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

I know what you called me and so do you. Leave it at that.

I vaguely remember reading this wee drama as it unfolded, but didn't relate to the two involved.

Surely the thread can be found and sort this nasty mess out, here and now.

Either of you willing to do so?

2 hours ago, amykat said:

Really? Do you think this is making your point? Do I have to BE YOU and do everything you have DONE to be able to be your friend and sit around and talk with you?  If this wasn't a public forum I would speak much more directly in a language that would catch your attention better. 

Except that isnt what you said is it ?? 

We know every single thing the experienced MEN know about Thailand.

In very typical female fashion.. What you said, not what you think you said is what I take issue with.. You dont know 'every single thing' 'you cant know every single thing' I would never presume to know every single thing about any one elses experience here, not male female in between or otherwise. 

Its that ranting presumption which is frankly off putting. So rather than reduce it to 'language that would catch my attention better' perhaps just say what it is you mean, if in fact you dint mean that. 

WOW ! ! !  I have to marvel at this thread.   A topic of wanted or unwanted conversation.   Nearly  300 posts in less than 3 days ! ! !   One may be forgiven for thinking that so many are shunning live conversation.   OP how did you ever find anyone out there able to speak to you ?  Like going back to olden times , people using sign language , speaking with their fingers  instead of verbal.  Com'on posters with a little effort you should be able to catch up with the " RAIN " thread post count, in no time at all.

2 hours ago, Bill97 said:

It is not the intersection of your two circles that is the crux, it is your perception that there is a large size area of overlap.

Agreed.. I think it would be highly rare that the western female hating stereotype presented (and sure they exist) is also coming up and starting conversation and collecting digits.. 

I think those are non overlapping circles on the venn diagram.. 

One thing about Thailand is, if a man doesnt feel the need of western female company, its fairly easy to avoid. The suggestion of some kind of internal struggle and male doubt seems fanciful to say the least. 

Yes, what is your problem?  Am I supposed to give awards out to the greatness of all men in Thailand and pretend you are all something even better than in the rest of the world??  Men do this everywhere ..have you not heard  ...Mr. Prostate Massage who thinks I can't go out with you because you will shock the hell out me with your stories???

Do you even read your own quotes to understand what people are replying to you about ?? 

The point was nothing to do with shock value.. The point was you claimed to know 'every single thing' about another's experience of Thailand.. 

You really should read whats being said.. and what of your own thats in reply to. 

1 hour ago, cmsally said:

Nice.. Amazing how when theres no chip on any shoulders, no preconceived ideas or positions.. Social contact is as simply as hanging out. 

Also shows how easy it is or can be to get on, between genders, sexualities, races, etc..

Thailand is a male dominated country, always has been always will. I would guess the most Farlang expats in the country are middle and old aged men. Even on TV most of the posters are males that becomes obvious when reading the posts.

I also guess that western women expats are a very small minority here and for the over 50s women trying to get themselves established and into a social circle must be difficult and they face tough competition from the non feministic beautiful Thai ladies that don`t think too much and although consider themselves equal to men, rightly or wrongly believe that men and women have their separate roles to play in society, it`s how they have brought up and part of their culture. This for western women maybe difficult for them to comprehend having been brought up in a society of women`s lib and when they come here it can hit them hard that they do not have the same status as women they enjoyed in the west and seem resentful of this fact. This can often lead to these women ending up friendless and isolated because they can`t contend with the attitudes towards women in the Thai society it becomes a culture shock for them.

It seems that male expats are much better at adapting into Thai society then their female counterparts and maybe why it`s a majority of males that settle into the country.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, Simbaya said:

To me, asking for my time in this way seems to a form of marital cheating.  I feel I'm being asked to be their "intellectual whore."  It doesn''t seem right to me for these Western men (often showing open disdain for their female counterparts), to seek out someone like me for their unmet needs.

I suspect you're being a tad precious.  Grow up a little and try pretending you're just a human being among millions, all trying to enjoy their time on earth.  I wonder why so many women want to kid themselves they're special? Women, whether here or in any western society I've spent time, flirt or 'come on' to me - for all sorts of reasons.  I'd be an unbearable, big-headed <deleted> if started to take that - or myself - too seriously and pretend it was a serious issue. Try enjoying yourself a little.  Do you think you have unresolved father/family issues affecting your outlook? I suspect your self-congratulatory missionary tone is a red herring.  As far as aggressive male insults are concerned, I can only say most adult women have long since decided boof-headed views only reflect on the one who holds them;  such men are at least useful in eliminating themselves from wasting your time in 'friendship' games, which can only benefit women.

39 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Except that isnt what you said is it ?? 

In very typical female fashion.. What you said, not what you think you said is what I take issue with.. You dont know 'every single thing' 'you cant know every single thing' I would never presume to know every single thing about any one elses experience here, not male female in between or otherwise. 

Its that ranting presumption which is frankly off putting. So rather than reduce it to 'language that would catch my attention better' perhaps just say what it is you mean, if in fact you dint mean that. 

You are just trying to pick this to pieces.  I didn't say I know every single thing that every single individual person knows in Thailand, as a whole.  You also keep talking to me in a very demeaning fashion, calling me "typically female" and a " ranting presumption" would you please define that for me? That really has no meaning. That is just trying to add the word "rant" to this which is trying to add a bit of "crazy" which tries to undermine me and make me sound less credible and that is how you men, who dislike women try to quiet us down and shut us up!!

Has every single MAN in Thailand had a prostate massage and is that a prerequisite to be considered "experienced" here?   I would think that in general the things that experienced expats know about in depth,  are things like the laws here, concerning real estate, banking, leases, autos, debts, credit, criminal situations, marriage, etc.  Political things and news in Thailand and the region.  Political things and news concerning countries where many of our fellow expats hail from.  Cross cultural relationships and all the problems in Thailand.  Bargirls, the sex scene and various illegal things going on here.  Education in Thailand.  Funny expat humor that only expats get.  Travel in the region.  All things cultural in Thailand and how to deal with it.  Other things will be specific to your own knowledge base and expertise in life in general.  I'm sure this is not a complete list.

Do I need to wear your shoe size to know about shoes? I think not. I get it, you don't like me.  Try to drop it now or you will look hysterical.

Perhaps all boys (occidental) without exception should be instructed in "gynocentric etiquette".

Catch them when they are young for attitude readjustment.

Feminism 101, Success.

I am an egalitarian, feminism was debunked with the white feather campaign and the Titanic disaster.

I do not hide behind anonymity, my avatar is authentic and I say to the OP and followers; get real.

You only have one life, most of mine in adulthood we're false ups and downs in an occidental relationship destined to failure.

3 minutes ago, amykat said:

You are just trying to pick this to pieces.  I didn't say I know every single thing that every single individual person knows in Thailand, as a whole.  You also keep talking to me in a very demeaning fashion, calling me "typically female" and a " ranting presumption" would you please define that for me? That really has no meaning. That is just trying to add the word "rant" to this which is trying to add a bit of "crazy" which tries to undermine me and make me sound less credible and that is how you men, who dislike women try to quiet us down and shut us up!!

Has every single MAN in Thailand had a prostate massage and is that a prerequisite to be considered "experienced" here?   I would think that in general the things that experienced expats know about in depth,  are things like the laws here, concerning real estate, banking, leases, autos, debts, credit, criminal situations, marriage, etc.  Political things and news in Thailand and the region.  Political things and news concerning countries where many of our fellow expats hail from.  Cross cultural relationships and all the problems in Thailand.  Bargirls, the sex scene and various illegal things going on here.  Education in Thailand.  Funny expat humor that only expats get.  Travel in the region.  All things cultural in Thailand and how to deal with it.  Other things will be specific to your own knowledge base and expertise in life in general.  I'm sure this is not a complete list.

Do I need to wear your shoe size to know about shoes? I think not. I get it, you don't like me.  Try to drop it now or you will look hysterical.

Preach what you must.

9 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Perhaps all boys (occidental) without exception should be instructed in "gynocentric etiquette".

Catch them when they are young for attitude readjustment.

Feminism 101, Success.

I am an egalitarian, feminism was debunked with the white feather campaign and the Titanic disaster.

I do not hide behind anonymity, my avatar is authentic and I say to the OP and followers; get real.

You only have one life, most of mine in adulthood we're false ups and downs in an occidental relationship destined to failure.

Some of us grew up knowing how to talk to women and treat them as equals. I pity anyone that needs lessons to do something as simple and fundamental as that.

17 minutes ago, amykat said:

You are just trying to pick this to pieces.  I didn't say I know every single thing that every single individual person knows in Thailand, as a whole.  You also keep talking to me in a very demeaning fashion, calling me "typically female" and a " ranting presumption" would you please define that for me? That really has no meaning.

Lets see.. Thats your exact quote.. Thats the thing with online, you can actually go back and verify.. 

Yes claiming to know "every single thing the experienced MEN know about Thailand" is presumptuous.. Then when called out on it.. Going off on "this wasn't a public forum I would speak much more directly in a language that would catch your attention better" seemed pretty ranting to me.. 

I wasnt calling 'you' a typical female I was saying many of the statements in this thread are to me typical.. The way its everyone elses fault, the way some want to be approached, but not approached, but maybe approached.. The way theres posts where for paragraph after paragraph theres no consistency to the issue or side, men are left confused to guess.  I think many men would agree, that kind of lack of clarity is kind of like arguing with a female. 

11 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

Some of us grew up knowing how to talk to women and treat them as equals. I pity anyone that needs lessons to do something as simple and fundamental as that.

Some of us decided that having learned those things it just wasn't something we could be bothered doing

On 1/13/2017 at 11:31 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

In the West having a coffee or a conversation with a member of the opposite sex is very normal. Only in Thailand the Thai wife would get jelaous and think of a guy as a cheater.

I used to have many female friends in Canada....Here I don't have any.

Yes, I'd like to have a coffee, but I'm not allowed.

It's highly unlikely my wife would be jealous of me talking to a 50 + year old foreign woman. She wouldn't mind at all.

Part of the problem the OP is having is probably payback because a lot of older retirees living in Thailand cop a lot of flak from Western women about marrying a young Asian lady.

When I visited Australia with my young Asian wife you could see the older Australian women talking negatively about us everywhere we went and often giving us evil glances. Even in Pattaya we can see the older female tourists talking about us negatively. It doesn't help that my nearly 29-year-old wife still looks 18.

39 minutes ago, SoiBiker said:

2017 equity is not sought but domination, irony of the post escaped you, be happy?

Elaboration maybe under seperate title " Mangina".

19 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

Some of us decided that having learned those things it just wasn't something we could be bothered doing

What a shame for you. I can't imagine disliking women so much I couldn't be bothered to talk to them.

3 hours ago, cmsally said:

No, you are here in the universe a lot of are in.  There does seem to be a few females on this thread who are not and perhaps not even one that could be considered parallel.

It might not have been the caffeine but rather the company.:smile:

Thanks for your input.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, sharktooth said:

That's a pretty blatantly demeaning statement for anyone to make, and pretty well illustrates the kind of anti-female attitudes that some of the female posters here have been complaining about.

I'd ask the mods to delete your post on those grounds, except, posts like yours for everyone here to see serve to illustrate the kinds of issues being complained about.

1 hour ago, SoiBiker said:

Personally do not give a damn to criticism from any source of anonymity.

Being able to discourse overtly suits better.

Could you but fail to see the irony?

Archived