Jump to content
BANGKOK 24 January 2019 02:38

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simbaya

Intellectual Whore

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

I've noticed in my circle there are single women who go out for dinner, in groups with western men and often the men have Thai partners who aren't included in the dinner party.  Male and female partners.  Would the OP call these women "intellectual whores"?  Or could it be that the proper term for these people are "friends"?

 

Perhaps the OP is finally getting a dose of what we, as average Joe's, have gotten all our lives.  Women we're attracted to -even Platonically) putting us in the "friend zone", but more than a little eager to cry about how the bad boy she's currently dating screwing is mistreating her.   The sex is amazing, but there's something missing that she seeks outside the relationship.  

 

The analogous "bad boys" here in Thailand are Thai women.   The sex is amazing, but....

 

Edit: We didn't refer to ourselves as "intellectual whores", though.  "Friendly eunuch" is the preferred term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buddhalady said:

The sight of an intelligent farang woman is like a red rag to a bull, revealing misogynism second only to that of the USA's appalling president elect! 

 

What does "an intelligent farang woman" look like?  Do you wear a diploma around your neck?

 

Based on your "provocative" generalizations about men, I don't see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

re

 

You would have to ask the op to post a photo

 

as she hardly likely to do that

 

this is an old thai boiler ( water / shower heater )

 

ps ... in england .. an old boiler

 

is usually an older woman said to be past her sell by date :( 

 

dave2

shower with ecb in it .. 9 feb 11 2011_02110026.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A root of the complaint seems to be the assumption that these men are not sexually interested in the O.P. That may be true in most cases but I'd say you never know. Is she sexually interested in any of them? What's wrong with engaging with possibly interesting people where there is no sex interest? I do understand a lot of older male expats here are creeps or worse, but it's not fair to assume all of them are based on superficial appearances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

 

Not for me. Not for the Western people I associate with. Happily married, and only a slight age difference. 18 year old heart in a 60+ body.  Your bias is showing ...

You're rare - be proud!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP seems to be a typical arrogant, paranoid western woman, thinking that men who try to be hospitable and friendly must have ulterior motives, that people are staring at her and assumes they are making judgements, probably thinks other Farlang women are bitches (met many who do) and Farlang men think they are superior with only one thought on their minds.

 

The OP openly praises herself on how great she looks and how gracious and generous she is within the Thai community where she lives. She seems to consider herself as a cross between  Sharon Stone and Mother Teresa. Well, have I got news for her. Most of us as Farlangs do seek out others they can relate to on similar intellectual levels, it`s only natural being as we are only a small minority here and why the Thai visa forums are very popular.  If she does receive negative or hostile responses from others, then this is probably caused by her own negative and condescending attitudes towards them. 

 

If not careful these Farlang women will end up living here as very lonely old maids and it`s no wonder that some western men wonder why these women bother coming to Thailand at all? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, impulse said:

 

Perhaps the OP is finally getting a dose of what we, as average Joe's, have gotten all our lives.  Women we're attracted to -even Platonically) putting us in the "friend zone", but more than a little eager to cry about how the bad boy she's currently dating screwing is mistreating her.   The sex is amazing, but there's something missing that she seeks outside the relationship.  

 

The analogous "bad boys" here in Thailand are Thai women.   The sex is amazing, but....

 

Edit: We didn't refer to ourselves as "intellectual whores", though.  "Friendly eunuch" is the preferred term.

 

 

"Emotional douche bag" per Sam Kinison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buddhalady said:

One point, however - the OP states she's had the chance to chat about current affairs but has rejected the opportunity. I should be so lucky! Go with the flow, girl, and enjoy impromptu conversations when they occur whilst keeping you right to end them when you need to.

 

Kudos to you for acknowledging that.  I was a little disappointed in a couple of the female posters characterizing the encounters as "a waste of time".  It's only a waste of time if there was an expectation going in- that wasn't met.  Or a sense of dread going in that was.  Otherwise, a couple of minutes of my day to connect with another English (as a primary language) speaker has rarely been a waste of my time- regardless of gender or looks.  

 

Unless they were scammers, but that's not the majority.  Full disclosure, though- I've never been to Chiang Mai, I'm in Thailand (BKK) only for the paycheck, and I have no interest in starting a relationship that would complicate repatriating when it's time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mesquite said:

"Emotional douche bag" per Sam Kinison

 

Funny as he is, I don't take seriously any relationship advice from the guy.  

 

Edit:  But, yeah.  That's accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "whore" receives money for services rendered. Does the OP take money for her conversations? If not, perhaps the term, "intellectual slut" might be better. 

 

Men want to talk to you, because, as you know, 99 percent of the Thai girlfriends/wives can't speak English well and are undereducated (besides the cultural barriers -- why would a Thai know about  Emily Brontë or Leo Kottke or the rules of cricket?), therefore the men, without meaning to probably, are starved of meaningful conversation. 

 

By the way, I don't believe for a second this is a real OP post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

A "whore" receives money for services rendered. Does the OP take money for her conversations? If not, perhaps the term, "intellectual slut" might be better. 

 

Men want to talk to you, because, as you know, 99 percent of the Thai girlfriends/wives can't speak English well and are undereducated (besides the cultural barriers -- why would a Thai know about  Emily Brontë or Leo Kottke or the rules of cricket?), therefore the men, without meaning to probably, are starved of meaningful conversation. 

 

By the way, I don't believe for a second this is a real OP post. 

Free coffee?

Face it, people "use" each other in all kinds of relationships that aren't literally prostitution.

It's a matter of consent. The OP usually doesn't want to consent to these offers, and more power to her! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Free coffee?

Face it, people "use" each other in all kinds of relationships that aren't literally prostitution.

It's a matter of consent. The OP usually doesn't want to consent to these offers, and more power to her! 

No problems with that, but why get offended and complain about people who do?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, what2do said:

I guess off-topic question is why aren't Western women attracted to Thai men (as much as Western men toward Thai women)?

 

They don't even touch the sides "allegedly"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sponsors
×