More rain expected to hit flooded South

rooster59

More rain expected to hit flooded South 

By The Nation

6494694204a4b839b5368cef0bc05160.jpeg

Flooding has forced this elderly man to live on a road in Nakhon Si Thammarat’s Pak Phanang district since January 5. He does not know when he will be able to return to his home.

MORE HEAVY downpours are expected to spread over the flood-hit southern region next week.

Despite the easing of torrential rains in recent days, the Meteorological Department has predicted increased rainfall for 

the South from Monday to Thursday.

Flooding has causing many deaths and serious damage in southern provinces over the past two weeks. According to the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department (DPMD), the natural disaster has affected more than 1.6 million people. The number of flood-related deaths stood at 36 as of press time, with one person also missing.

I saw this on ThaiPBS and they had an image of the low pressure trough across the region from the Japanese radar, but they failed to specify why they thought any of the low pressure cells would advance in our direction. They just said 'the monsoon will strengthen' and didn't even say whether it would be from the East or West.

Anyway, the ETA for my soi to dry up if it stays dry is tomorrow (Sunday), after which time I will make a bee-line to the nearest mom & pop shop to stock up on beer.

I hope they are wrong though.

Archived