Belfast couple raped and robbed on holiday from hell in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

On 1/14/2017 at 10:20 AM, ezzra said:

The woman and THE MAN were raped? this is very, very rare and unheard of in this country of male being raped while in the company of a woman that the culprits could have had her, Not sure what to make of this story, it could be true, albeit very far fetched one.....

actually if you read the article both of them are men.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/14/2017 at 6:18 PM, Khon Kaen Dave said:

If this is true,then it was a terrible experience for them both.One question is,that were the rapists homosexual?And is that how they targeted the guys.?Were the guys in a gay club?And got chatting to other gay's who turned out to be robbers.I just cant see straight robbers,robbing them and then thinking"ok,i'm gonna f##k one as well"What ever the outcome of this vile crime,you can bet that it wont appear in the Hayes and Jarvis or the Kuoni brochures that adverise 'Amazing Thailand" And yes,i am interested who paid the hospital bills.Why should tge victims be subjected to having to pay a bill for something that they werent responsible for on a holiday in paradise.

Were the rapists homos? No definitely not they just wanted to humiliate those men.

Well, it's been 5 days since I emailed the media outlet that initially published the story (BelfastLive). No response. Also been 5 days since I emailed the insurance provider (OUL Direct), though I wasn't expecting a response from them anyways (confidentiality concerns and such).

As for the happy couple, Michael Burnett took his Facebook page down suddenly for some reason. He hadn't posted anything (public) at all in Dec (last post had been in Nov 2016). Then on 3 Jan he updated his cover photo with a pic of a cute puppy on a carpet. A couple days ago he posted another generic pic and then suddenly deleted his profile. The other guy (Gerald) apparently hasn't posted anything (public) on his page since April 2016.

Notice that apparently when they finally did go to a hospital (5 days after the alleged incident), it was only to get blood tests and it was noted that Gerald had a small wound on his hand (which could have been from any number of causes). No mention of being drugged. No mention of being raped.

Never told anyone at their hotel that they had been raped/robbed either. I won't be surprised if there's no evidence that they even went to a police station at all. Apparently they didn't bother when they got home either. Considering that this was their 6th trip to Thailand, it wasn't like they were starry-eyed newbies. 

37 minutes ago, Macthehat said:

Kinda strange they sell Irish passport to anyone from Belfast don't u think ? 

38 minutes ago, Macthehat said:

Kinda strange they sell Irish passport to anyone from Belfast don't u think ? 

Your original whinge therefore depends on whether or not he bought one.

Archived