Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Belfast couple raped and robbed on holiday from hell in Phuket


Jonathan Fairfield

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i am not being rude or offensive, im a big guy and work out a lot, these things never happen to me. i think these scum bags choose there victims on appearances.

That's a very good point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Hope the Irish government lodges a protest only way they will catch the culprits


Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

 

They are from Belfast, part of Northern Irealand, part of the UK. That's why the article says they contacted the British Embassy for assistance.

 

Nothing to do with the Irish government.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i call BS .   why did they leave it so long ?  any proof of embassy involvment from the start ?   and who or why go to the newspapers ? 

 

more stories in papers today hopefully then we get a better insight  but untill then i smell a rat

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i am not being rude or offensive, im a big guy and work out a lot, these things never happen to me. i think these scum bags choose there victims on appearances.

Big fit guys aren't immune to being drugged, I hope your confident attitude doesn't lull you into a false sense of security. IMHO, yes some people are easier victims I would imagine but dont think for one minute less easy victims are immune.

 

Indeed, I am sure there are people out there who target big fit good looking men for the very reason of this article, sexual desires.  I am always careful not to openly flaunt anything expensive or cash in public, not that I have an expensive iphone or mac, mind you so its easier for me. My Nokia 3310 serves me well ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stament said:

Big fit guys aren't immune to being drugged, I hope your confident attitude doesn't lull you into a false sense of security. IMHO, yes some people are easier victims I would imagine but dont think for one minute less easy victims are immune.

 

 


Yeah they do for sure choose their victims who seem to be easier to convince and trick as well as being less hassle to deal with unconscious. I am pretty sure I was given Rohypnol as I have been prescribed diazepam in the past, Rohypnol is basically a more potent version of valium. I felt the foggy hazy headspace for a good 2-3 days after the incident. However big you are, if they manage to slip you some Rohypnol you area goner 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Yes, thats because its  a news summary.

 

These guys are claiming to have been robbed and raped. Everything should be done to catch the people that did it. Your comment is simply moronic.

 

I never understand Thailand. When you hear stories like this where the police just dont give a shit well Thailand is going to keep suffering falls in tourism and its reputation just continues to decline.

 

I hope these guys can just get on with life and put it behind them.

Unfortunately the tourists (ATM's) just keep on coming regardless of the well publicised dangers.  Net result: Authorities could not give a flying fly as long as the gravy train to Easy Street just keeps on running.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a couple of hung LB's took advantage of an easy invitation.  "I don't remember anything but my ass hurts" is an investigators first Indication that the rest of the story is going to be BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

Yes, thats because its  a news summary.

 

These guys are claiming to have been robbed and raped. Everything should be done to catch the people that did it. Your comment is simply moronic.

 

I never understand Thailand. When you hear stories like this where the police just dont give a shit well Thailand is going to keep suffering falls in tourism and its reputation just continues to decline.

 

I hope these guys can just get on with life and put it behind them.

If it happened as they claim, yes, I hope they can get on with their lives as well. However I don't believe the story and call BS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, masuk said:

This KerryD guy sounds like a hard case.    He's saying the whole thing is make-believe, based on a news summary.

 

Time will tell.

Others find it believable, based on a news summary.

I think Kerry is right though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are indeed actual rapes that sexual assault cases that happen in this wonderful country, but this story is extreme and weird. What would the advantage be if concocting this scenario however? What would they gain? To what extent were their injuries? Seems they were able to travel around easily enough. I don't buy it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some seem concerned on the insurance/money angle being prominent in this story, I doubt the victims saw it that way perhaps the Thai writer sees this as a priority a highlight of the incident.

 

That would make sense to me as there certainly seems to be an obsession with money in Thailand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...