Belfast couple raped and robbed on holiday from hell in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Their "insurance" issues are over the insurance companies failure to cover the costs of the Thai hospital.  They did go to the police who said that it was not uncommon for this to happen in Thailand and laughed it off.  Still let's just stick to what you all want to believe.

They claim they did go to the police ...

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They claim they did go to the police ...

And the police claim they went to the police too as a report was filed.  Maybe they are all lying?  The insurance company are investigating how there was a breakdown in communication.  They did eventually get them into a private hospital in Thailand according to their spokesman.   

48 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"After that we can't remember anything. It was only well after the attack took place that we realised that we had been attacked and raped.

That just seems a bit hard to understand .

I would have thought that they would have realised as soon as they woke up that they had been raped ..

How could they suddenly realise "well after the attack" ?

So ,"Well after the attack", they sat and discussed it and only then came to the conclusion that they were raped.

They seem to admitting that they made the story up .

22 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

And the police claim they went to the police too as a report was filed.  Maybe they are all lying?  The insurance company are investigating how there was a breakdown in communication.  They did eventually get them into a private hospital in Thailand according to their spokesman.   

Now you're making it up, unless I am missing bit.

Where in the article is mentioned that the police confirm there was a report filed? All we have is their claim that they were laughed at.

And no, the insurance company's spokesman did not say they got them into a private hospital, that was the couple claiming that.

14 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yeah - "The Sun".

It's actually the same story. The Sun guy just read/quoted the BelfastLive story and reworded it a bit. Funny how the Sun article states "The two men, who cannot be identified" then links to the BelfastLive site where the 2 men are clearly identified.

(Apparently the Sun "pays for your stories" as well.)

It's kind of strange there is no flurry of posts by the "stop blaming the victim" brigade...if this incident had involved two women I'm sure the faux feminists would be out in force, posting ad nauseum. Conspicuous by your absence.

And now the same guy who wrote the article for the BelfastLive site has it on the Mirror.co.uk site. 

"The men, who the Mirror are not naming for legal reasons". 

The headline: "Brit couple reveal how they were drugged and RAPED on 'dream Thailand holiday'" (note how "raped" has been capitalized for sensational purposes).

(Yes, the Mirror is another site that will "buy your story" as well.) 

7 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

How often do men get raped and TWO of them at the same time?

Probably not often but possible if drugged, yes?

If it did happen, and that's not for us to decide (though it's a forum so speculation is expected) it's a very serious crime, especially considering the still high rate of HIV in Thailand and surely rapists aren't practicing safe sex. 

However, assuming as the claimed victims are not in Thailand, conviction of any culprits would be nearly impossible. 

Also consider rape is a crime of violence even though the public is so often focused on the sex part, so if drugged and if raped, they're both lucky to be alive. 

2 hours ago, Canceraid said:

No insults meant and also no racism meant. So apologies in advance if my posting upsets anyone. But really, Asians ie thais raping two farangs in their thirties......sorry but have you seen how big most farangs are when they are already in their late twenties....their waist sizes are HUGE.....I do not think any Asian ore thai guy will get turned on raping huge waistlines........its like try to screw a buffalo or a cow...sorry.....plus there are lots of slim and sexy Asians around be it guys or gals. I really think the whole story is fake.

I think you must have what your avatar suggests ie. cancer [of the brain]. If nonsense like yours continues on TV I may cancel my membership because its dribble like this that make the forums so boring. It is inane to suggest that most 20's or 30's Caucasians are huge. Maybe "a few" would be a more accurate number. I am a 73 year old farang and never been over 68 Kgs. You also display an ignorance of the various sexual proclivities of people. Some people like "chubbies". 

If this is true,then it was a terrible experience for them both.One question is,that were the rapists homosexual?And is that how they targeted the guys.?Were the guys in a gay club?And got chatting to other gay's who turned out to be robbers.I just cant see straight robbers,robbing them and then thinking"ok,i'm gonna f##k one as well"What ever the outcome of this vile crime,you can bet that it wont appear in the Hayes and Jarvis or the Kuoni brochures that adverise 'Amazing Thailand" And yes,i am interested who paid the hospital bills.Why should tge victims be subjected to having to pay a bill for something that they werent responsible for on a holiday in paradise.

People get drugged and raped in Thailand all the time. Why is it so hard for people to believe?

Even the FCO website cautions against it:

Violent sexual assaults and unprovoked attacks have been reported in popular tourist destinations, including in the Koh Samui archipelago and Krabi province. These are particularly common during the monthly Full Moon parties and generally occur late at night near bars.

Drink spiking has been reported in tourist destinations around Thailand. Be careful about taking drinks from strangers and at clubs and parties, or leaving your drinks unattended, particularly in Koh Samui, Pattaya and at the Full Moon party on Koh Phangan, where date rapes have been reported.

Alcohol and drugs can lead to you being less alert, less in control and less aware of your environment resulting in accidents, injuries, robbery, assaults and lost travel documents. If you drink, know your limit. Drinks served in bars overseas are often stronger than those in the UK. Some British nationals in Thailand have suffered severe psychiatric problems because of drug use, resulting in some suicides.

2 hours ago, Canceraid said:

No insults meant and also no racism meant. So apologies in advance if my posting upsets anyone. But really, Asians ie thais raping two farangs in their thirties......sorry but have you seen how big most farangs are when they are already in their late twenties....their waist sizes are HUGE.....I do not think any Asian ore thai guy will get turned on raping huge waistlines........its like try to screw a buffalo or a cow...sorry.....plus there are lots of slim and sexy Asians around be it guys or gals. I really think the whole story is fake.

Another thing perhaps you should know is that rape is not only about sex.

It is about power as well.

8 hours ago, Aachen said:

"Gerald and Michael - both 33 - returned to Belfast on Wednesday before undergoing medical tests with their own GP which confirmed they had been raped. "

Ahem... Interesting...

Funny what some people find "interesting."

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

The woman and THE MAN were raped? this is very, very rare and unheard of in this country of male being raped while in the company of a woman that the culprits could have had her, Not sure what to make of this story, it could be true, albeit very far fetched one.....

Odd that you seem quite comfortable discussing this when you felt it was unnacceptable in the other topic.

What has changed? Is rape more palatable to you when there is at least one female involved?

You really do seem to have difficulties with the notion of a male being sexually assaultted.  

Whats even more amusing is you didnt even take the time to read the story. As tbere was no woman. It is a story about a gay couple.

You rewlly do have quite a blind spot there.

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

The woman and THE MAN were raped? this is very, very rare and unheard of in this country of male being raped while in the company of a woman that the culprits could have had her, Not sure what to make of this story, it could be true, albeit very far fetched one.....

Read the report again   "Gerald and his Husband

7 hours ago, TankerWeams said:

Gerald is clearly short for Geraldine. How can they both be male, the article said they were married .

Report says  "GERALD and HIS  Husband Michael..................get bit.  Probably in a ladyboy bar !

This is rubbish. Two men in their early 30s were sodomized against their will? Overcome so powerfully by an inhibitor! There's not a drug invented that could make me succumb to such a heinous crime.  And who would be so ill to perpetrate such an attack???  This is totally false. 

Too many crazy people here. Why are you doubting this? I told you on this website this week this was happening to me. Drug and raped. Intimidate and rape. Because I am in debt.  Because I am an alcoholic. And you want to fight about you don't believe it. You want to fight about the detail. Now you can see the evil and you can see men can be raped. Straight men, gay men like me. No one is safe from this evil

11 hours ago, Aachen said:

"Gerald and Michael - both 33 - returned to Belfast on Wednesday before undergoing medical tests with their own GP which confirmed they had been raped. "

Ahem... Interesting...

Yes, and if you read the article, they did not go to a Thai hospital until several days after the "rape." So, it takes at least another day to get back to Belfast and go see their doctor. I am confused. Perhaps someone could explain how "rape" is proven, especially after several days. I can see sex, or even rough sex, being proven, but rape?

Archived