Belfast couple raped and robbed on holiday from hell in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I can't believe this story until they actually explain which bar they were drugged in Phuket, which hotel, and if they did talk to the police, which police station in Phuket.

So let me understand this correctly...they said they were raped and robbed but won't say where, by whom or where they were staying... just that it happened.  It's amazing what gets published these days. I think they call it FAKE NEWS everywhere else. Isn't there some sort of 'fact checking' anymore before stories get printed?

Stories without facts about Thailand are more damaging to this country and it seems to be getting worse.  I'm sorry for the couple if it is true, however, if it is they need to expose the places so there can be some sort of investigation.

On 14/01/2017 at 9:38 AM, muzmurray said:

Why would they, Belfast is not in Ireland, it is in the UK.

Last time i checked Belfast is in N.Ireland and part of the UK . ..so the 2 guys have dual nationality (if required)and can go seek help from whatever Embassy  per passport (Irish  or British) they travelled with ....seems both travelled with British passports .  

1 minute ago, Macthehat said:

Las check Belfast is in Ireland and part of the UK . ..so the 2 guys have dual nationality and can go seek help from whatever passport they travelled with ....seems both travelled with English passports .  

there is no such thing as an English passport

yet

On 14/01/2017 at 2:03 PM, geriatrickid said:

There would have had to have been some major physical damage and a prior history of  infrequent to no anal intercourse. Serious ripping/tearing would have created a state of infection. These men would have been hospitalized in serious condition. It is improbable that minor damage could be identified  after a few days had passed.

Thai hospitals  can be  unfriendly and not respectful of sexual assault victims. The lack of empathy and even ridicule discourages victims from seeking help. It's humiliating for male victims. One need only look at the hurtful comments made by some. That being said, most western males, if they were gang banged  by unknown assailants, would seek out immediate treatment  and  demand a preventative course of  drugs to reduce the risk of HIV infection. It takes time to culture swabs. A reliable diagnosis of an STI takes days.

A young American musician I knew was gang raped on Patong beach and told me he'd scheduled an AIDS test after having been gang raped by a bunch of ladyboys on Patong beach, which if memory serves was/is by no means uncommon. He was straight btw. I agree about the hospitals. Unless I had Bangkok Hospital Gold Card I wouldn't go either. At least they'd stifle their giggles, given the expense.

Just now, Macthehat said:

There was a similar case a long time ago . But not in Thailand ..not sure where it was but the two guys  were called  Gerald Fitzpatrick & Patrick Fitzgerald . 

No mate it was William Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwilliam and a friend Scott Fitzpatrick joined later as an active witness 

6 minutes ago, Ryder88 said:

how could he/she? they're queers they fudge pack one another  in the a** all the time..how could a doctor decipher the identity of a penis .lol

Biometric verification.....can now be used .....every cyclops has a unique Mark aparantly 

On 1/14/2017 at 5:36 AM, TankerWeams said:

Gerald is clearly short for Geraldine. How can they both be male, the article said they were married .

Do you live in a cave??, many countries allow Gay couples to marry, Gerald a man's name, but most short names for Geraldine is Gerry...........at least in the US.:post-4641-1156694572:

On 14/01/2017 at 2:20 AM, ezzra said:

The woman and THE MAN were raped? this is very, very rare and unheard of in this country of male being raped while in the company of a woman that the culprits could have had her, Not sure what to make of this story, it could be true, albeit very far fetched one.....

What woman?

16 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

What woman?

it has already been established in this thread that they were a male couple and its also been established that Belfast is in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland and that Belfast isnt in Ireland .

Established and agreed upon by all

11 hours ago, bannork said:

It seems they didn't go to the press till they got back to Belfast so I don't think you'll see anything about this in the Thai media unless Thai Rath have a resident reporter in Belfast!

From the Belfastlive article referenced in the OP:  "...The police in Phuket just laughed when we reported our attack. It seems that kind of thing happens regularly..."
Also the police work hand in hand with the Thai press, calling them to crime scenes for the lurid photos you often see in newspapers. A victim of a crime doesn't have to go to the press to have it reported on as a news story.
Update: Looks like the Phuket Gazette has picked up the story now.

On 14/01/2017 at 9:29 AM, Cereal said:

Ezra, it was a man and a man. It seems quite likely they were out for a good time in a gay bar on New Year's Eve and things got out of control. Who knows what really happened?

That's a bit of of a leap in the dark. I wondered when the relevance of them being gay had anything to do with how some people react. It's not like there's loads of sometimes violent ladyboys in Thailand, is there?! Or that gay Thai men could possibly do such things?

Far too many presumptions being made - as usual. 

On 2017-01-14 at 3:20 AM, IamNoone88 said:

Sounds like a load of BS and more like a stab at their insurance company, which seems to be their primary concern in the story.

Yep and everybody in this forum seems very competent to judge and know a lot. Grow up.

37 minutes ago, Bule gila said:

That's a bit of of a leap in the dark. I wondered when the relevance of them being gay had anything to do with how some people react. It's not like there's loads of sometimes violent ladyboys in Thailand, is there?! Or that gay Thai men could possibly do such things?

Far too many presumptions being made - as usual. 

Thanks for reminding us that not all ladyboys are gay. It could be argued than none are, but not here and now. If they picked up some gay Thai males from a gay bar and then didn't pay them, perhaps we have our explanation. 

On 14/01/2017 at 3:18 PM, possum1931 said:

Was that not in the Republic of Ireland? Belfast is not in the Republic.

You are right about it being legal in the Republic, i thought that maybe they could have gone to the Republic to be married, still legal just not recognised in the UK.

On 1/15/2017 at 4:56 PM, sanemax said:

it has already been established in this thread that they were a male couple and its also been established that Belfast is

in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland and that Belfast isnt in Ireland .

Established and agreed upon by all

It didn't need establishing did it when it clearly states George and his husband.

Archived