Jump to content
BANGKOK 27 June 2019 13:43

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Gripen Fighter Jet Crashes at Hat Yai Air Show, Pilot Killed

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

I do not understand why on a day for children the military have to get so involved. I have just returned from a event in our local town, lots of fun things for the kids to do and then solders with M16 rifles. 

They get drafted later on in life. This serves as motivation for future canon fodder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

I wonder how old this plane is

 

 

Almost new. First deliveries began in 2013.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This swedish piece of shit has a history of crashing during these show events.

In fact, if i recall correctly it crashed on its first public show in stockholm many years ago.. Pilot ejected and survived that time.

Expensive piece of shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, arrowsdawdle said:

 

Cause of the crash? Whether it is fuel, instruments, or engine the finger will point to something or someone foreign.

When have they ever put the blame of an air crash on foreigners ? Please supply a link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KarenBravo said:

Maybe a moderator can correct the title of this thread. The plane was a Grippen, not a Griffin.

 

 

They might even want to change the name of the aircraft to 'Gripen', which is want it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bubba said:

Looked to me like he was attempting to do an Immelmann Turn, but lost it as he was completing the inside of the top half of the loop. There does not appear to have been any loss of power. At that point in the loop, aviators can experience 6 - 9 Gs, so I am wondering whether he greyed out at that point, didn't roll out and the aircraft continued on without controlled flight. 

 

Here is an F-16 doing an Immelmann correctly.

 

 

 

RIP to the aviator.

 

It was also a 64M euro aircraft loss for the RTAF.

Chump change for the Thai military

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, grantbkk said:

Tragic.  Too bad for the pilot, his or her family and the kids.

Thailand dont have female fighter pilots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bubba said:

Looked to me like he was attempting to do an Immelmann Turn, but lost it as he was completing the inside of the top half of the loop. There does not appear to have been any loss of power. At that point in the loop, aviators can experience 6 - 9 Gs, so I am wondering whether he greyed out at that point, didn't roll out and the aircraft continued on without controlled flight. 

 

Here is an F-16 doing an Immelmann correctly.

 

 

 

RIP to the aviator.

 

It was also a 64M euro aircraft loss for the RTAF.

 

 

Found this video of a Gripen JAS 39 doing an Immelmann. Watch the Gs display on the left hand side of the HUD when he gets to the top of the inverted loop.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markusangel said:

The trauma for children witnessing this. :-(

No way. For the kids that saw it , they are going to be heros at their school for weeks to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zorro1 said:

RIP. poor kids didn't need to see that

 

Poor kids???   What about the pilot?   Too many people care too much about protecting kids from real life these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

I do not understand why on a day for children the military have to get so involved. I have just returned from a event in our local town, lots of fun things for the kids to do and then solders with M16 rifles. 

I agree, but their logic is probably something along the lines of:  'we want to show the people that we are one with them, that they have no reason to fear the military, and that we happily support their celebrations'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gmac said:

 

Poor kids???   What about the pilot?   Too many people care too much about protecting kids from real life these days.

Thats nothing compared to what the kids would see on the roads all the time. And this RIP rubbish again, Buddhists dont RIP, they go on to a better life. Telling them to RIP is insulting to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bubba said:

 

 

Found this video of a Gripen JAS 39 doing an Immelmann. Watch the Gs display on the left hand side of the HUD when he gets to the top of the inverted loop.

 

 

You must contact the air crash investigators with you expert knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Subliminal message to future adults. 

next air show will be hosted by the Chinese air force, then.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...