Jump to content
BANGKOK 17 June 2019 05:36

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Gripen Fighter Jet Crashes at Hat Yai Air Show, Pilot Killed

Recommended Posts

I woke up today to the sounds of fighter jets blasting by my house in Phuket. Never throughly the would fly into the house but I guess you never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, markusangel said:

The trauma for children witnessing this. :-(

Trauma.........at that age I coudlnt  have cared  less 7-8-9-10-11-12 etc and I doubt  they will except wailing parents wont help by instilling that fear into them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multiple off topic troll and not funny posts have been removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

You must contact the air crash investigators with you expert knowledge.

 

 

Just speculation, as is usually the case after such accidents.

 

Do you have any speculations as to the possible cause?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most airplane crashes today are caused by pilot error. Next is faulty maintenance.

 

If that dive was an intentional beginning of a loop, then he executed it too low. If it wasn't intentional, then a mechanical or software failure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KarenBravo said:

Most airplane crashes today are caused by pilot error. Next is faulty maintenance.

 

If that dive was an intentional beginning of a loop, then he executed it too low. If it wasn't intentional, then a mechanical or software failure.

 

 

Agree with you that he was way to low and over a populated area to enter the loop at that altitude. The loop also looked really shallow with very little room to recover if something went wrong, which of course something did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bubba said:

Looked to me like he was attempting to do an Immelmann Turn, but lost it as he was completing the inside of the top half of the loop. There does not appear to have been any loss of power. At that point in the loop, aviators can experience 6 - 9 Gs, so I am wondering whether he greyed out at that point, didn't roll out and the aircraft continued on without controlled flight. 

 

Here is an F-16 doing an Immelmann correctly.

 

 

 

RIP to the aviator.

 

It was also a 64M euro aircraft loss for the RTAF.

Really? Looked to me like a classic scoop out from a blown barrel roll with no looping segment at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, bubba said:

Looked to me like he was attempting to do an Immelmann Turn, but lost it as he was completing the inside of the top half of the loop. There does not appear to have been any loss of power. At that point in the loop, aviators can experience 6 - 9 Gs, so I am wondering whether he greyed out at that point, didn't roll out and the aircraft continued on without controlled flight. 

 

Here is an F-16 doing an Immelmann correctly.

 

 

 

RIP to the aviator.

 

It was also a 64M euro aircraft loss for the RTAF.

 

The aeroplane rolled inverted, remained on a smooth, rolling, curving, forward, downward, flightpath, which would have resulted in it returning upright at the lowest point of the maneuver....... and then hit the ground.

 

Pull up into half loop and roll upright to reverse course (your film) = Immelmann.

 

Roll inverted and pull down into half loop to reverse course = Split S (which would have been insanity at his height)

 

As it was with this maneuver. It was a Barrel Roll started too low so that the lowest point of the maneuver coincided with a point below ground level.  It kills many part-time "show" pilots.

 

Aerobatics belong at a safe height, one that allows for recovery when they go wrong. 

 

As they often do, when not performed by trained, professional, competitive aerobatics pilots.  Who practice and practice and practice and practice and...................practice.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Subliminal message to future adults. 

 

Had the opposite of the intended effect then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The pilot was unable to eject

Surely a well maintained aircraft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, zorro1 said:


You really think they were referring to the air force?

I could be wrong but the last time I checked the air force planes required pilots as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Enoon said:

 

The aeroplane rolled inverted, remained on a smooth, rolling, curving, forward, downward, flightpath, which would have resulted in it returning upright at the lowest point of the maneuver....... and then hit the ground.

 

Pull up into half loop and roll upright to reverse course (your film) = Immelmann.

 

Roll inverted and pull down into half loop to reverse course = Split S (which would have been insanity at his height)

 

As it was with this maneuver. It was a Barrel Roll started too low so that the lowest point of the maneuver coincided with a point below ground level.  It kills many part-time "show" pilots.

 

Aerobatics belong at a safe height, one that allows for recovery when they go wrong. 

 

As they often do, when not performed by trained, professional, competitive aerobatics pilots.  Who practice and practice and practice and practice and...................practice.

 

 

 

 

Actually, I am agreeing with you and cloudhopper now after looking back at the first video rather than the zoomed one. Thanks for that.

 

Let's hope RATF do not attempt this barrel roll next year.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, hobz said:

This swedish piece of shit has a history of crashing during these show events.

In fact, if i recall correctly it crashed on its first public show in stockholm many years ago.. Pilot ejected and survived that time.

Expensive piece of shit

 

The one that crashed was a pilot error. He was an "old school" tespilot and his reflection was to "fly" the aitplane but should insted had let the airplane computers control the airplane. When the pilot and computers where fighting eachother the airplane crashed. If he had just let the stick go the plane would have recovered and no crasch would have happend. That was in the early 90:s when the all new fly-by-wire system wasent completely finished yet. Most other fighter jets have crashed a lot more per flighthour than the JAS39

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, markusangel said:

The trauma for children witnessing this. :-(

 

There is no trauma unless  an adult makes a scene and turns this into something big.

This will be an exciting event for a kid.No body, no  visible death, so it's just a cool explosion and fire.

 

2 hours ago, zorro1 said:

RIP. poor kids didn't need to see that

 

Why not? They see worse in their video games, and on any given day of the week on their roads. Chances are that by age 10 a Thai child will have seen some mangled bodies.

 

1 hour ago, arrowsdawdle said:

The FAA recently rated Thailand aviation as not meeting international standards, so this happening before the ink is even dry on the FAA warning flies in the losing face of country reputation. Poor pilot had no chance.

 

US FAA has no opinion on Thai airforce. Planes crash. It's what happens when pilots hotdog.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...