Gripen Fighter Jet Crashes at Hat Yai Air Show, Pilot Killed

rooster59

2 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

So sad.  Maintenance.........not adhered to in LOS

I think after the investigation is completed, this will be a identified as a case of pilot error and not maintenance. Not that we will likely ever see the investigation report. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood why the army has to brush up everything for Children's Day. Kids crawling all over tanks and offroad battle vehicles ??????

I could believe it 30+ years ago when I arrived here and I have still not understood it. 

Anyhow, some of the kids will remember this particular "Children's Day" for the rest of their life; what a memory was created 

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Maybe a moderator can correct the title of this thread. The plane was a Gripen, not a Griffin.

Thaivisa have corrected it, see the title of the thread.  The incorrect part was in the original report that TV republished so you may want to direct your observation to them.

2 hours ago, hobz said:

This swedish piece of shit has a history of crashing during these show events.

In fact, if i recall correctly it crashed on its first public show in stockholm many years ago.. Pilot ejected and survived that time.

Expensive piece of shit

Switzerland choosed it against Rafale ( two times more expensive  )

1 minute ago, BsBs said:

Perfect demonstration of Thai SABAI and MEN PEN RAI.

How many soldiers died in accident this year ?

Then some people think that we can trust doctors in this country...

How many soldiers died in the US during accidents last year ?

Can you trust US doctors ?

2 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

This seems to happen more and more at these Air Shows in the US too they should be probably

banned.

No. It was much more common before than it is today. Today is very strict rules about safety, bufferzones, not flying in or over the crouds etc etc

They have learned from previous accidents at airshows

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Not their day is it ?

I feel sad for the pilots family and friends, very sad on what should be a happy day.

Just looks to me like the Pilot and Fire Appliance driver had about the same amount of (or lack of) training. I do not know much about this repetitively new aircraft but during my days in the military the Swedes had gained a great deal of respect for their Saab Fighters.

4 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Just looks to me like the Pilot and Fire Appliance driver had about the same amount of (or lack of) training. I do not know much about this repetitively new aircraft but during my days in the military the Swedes had gained a great deal of respect for their Saab Fighters.

Another disgusting, thoughtless post.  

And what exactly is a "repetitively new aircraft"?

2 hours ago, sandgroper2 said:

Thats nothing compared to what the kids would see on the roads all the time. And this RIP rubbish again, Buddhists dont RIP, they go on to a better life. Telling them to RIP is insulting to them.

Well im not buddhist but I am ex military so RIP brother job done rest easy.

13 minutes ago, Argus Tuft said:

Another disgusting, thoughtless post.  

And what exactly is a "repetitively new aircraft"?

Spare me effin days = "Relatively" (Spell checker upset) Sorry to confuse your little brain!

You obviously have know idea what you had seen in the video! If there was a mechanical issue this pilot had a great deal of time to eject. There was NO violent maneuver so I'm guessing disorientation. Just MHO. Same Same with the truck driver = piss poor training!

4 hours ago, mick220675 said:

I do not understand why on a day for children the military have to get so involved. I have just returned from a event in our local town, lots of fun things for the kids to do and then solders with M16 rifles. 

Probably to show force and control to their own people - cannot see them fighting another army.

10 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Spare me effin days = "Relatively" (Spell checker upset) Sorry to confuse your little brain!

Big leap from repetitively to relatively. Spare me effin spell checker.

Try reading through your words before posting perhaps, then my 'little brain' might be less confused.  

13 minutes ago, bdenner said:

You obviously have know idea what you had seen in the video! If there was a mechanical issue this pilot had a great deal of time to eject. There was NO violent maneuver so I'm guessing disorientation. Just MHO. Same Same with the truck driver = piss poor training!

How many hours in the pilot's seat have you had?  I'm 'guessing' not a lot. Another keyboard warrior jumping to conclusions on what the pilot was able to do or not do..  Get a life

This aircraft has seen service since 1997 in several different countries air forces including Sweden which has about 200 of them, Czech Republic, Hungary, South Africa etc.... and finally Thailand. Although there was some crashing during development, None has ever crashed in service until now......and it had to be Thailand......R.I.P. for the Pilot, my condolences to the family.

Archived