Swedish tourist, 24, found dead in Koh Chang hotel swimming pool

rooster59

Swedish tourist, 24, found dead in Koh Chang hotel swimming pool

EyWwB5WU57MYnKOtTuAnWy46PSPp2NZayStgCt8WSKomgKJHTM8ksd.jpg

Image: Thairath

A Swedish man has been found dead the swimming pool of Koh Chang hotel.

Police and rescue workers were called to the hotel just after 5am on Saturday morning after staff had discovered the body of a foreign man floating in the swimming pool.

The man, named as Carl Magnus Philip Bergqvist, 24, had not been a guest at the hotel but was seen with two other foreigners swimming in the pool in the early hours of Saturday morning, Thairath reported.

The member of staff who saw the three men swimming in the pool told Thairath the three men “seemed to be drunk”.

The same staff member then returned to the pool area at around 5am when he saw the body of Mr Bergqvist floating in the pool.

Police said an initial examination of the body showed no sign of injuries. Officers believed he may have suffered from cramp and subsequently drowned.

Mr Bergqvist had been dead for between two or three hours before his body was found.

Police said they will question the two friends who were with him before he died.

Mr Bergqvist’s body has been sent to Koh Chang hospital for autopsy. The Swedish embassy and Mr Bergqvist’s family have been informed.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-15

24 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Is not the pool closed at those hours? Did stupid behavior lead to his own death?

generally there is a closing time for the pool and even stranger is the fact that the three were noticed to be drunk and yet were not ordered out of the pool.

Handily for the hotel owners, the only reported information on what happened shifts the blame on to the victim and his irresponsibility. This is a recurring theme in Thailand and the Thai press. Downtown Inn and all that.

1 hour ago, sahibji said:

generally there is a closing time for the pool and even stranger is the fact that the three were noticed to be drunk and yet were not ordered out of the pool.

Definitly more to this story. Has a cover up  been orderded from high up?

Where are all the TVF Detectives.  I'd thought they be all over the case by now.  We're waiting in anticipation of them solving the matter within a couple of days and without any access to the crime scene or evidence.  Come on boys, a bit slow of the mark this time.:wai:

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Handily for the hotel owners, the only reported information on what happened shifts the blame on to the victim and his irresponsibility. This is a recurring theme in Thailand and the Thai press. Downtown Inn and all that.

You must have been reading a different story to the one I read.

No blame was been passed to anyone, just a statement from someone who said they seemed drunk.

You seem to somehow always love passing the buck onto the Thais, no matter if whos fault it is.

30 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Had the staff member been doing their job this might not have happened. I know...they were avoiding confrontation, however I do hope someone points this out to them so they learn but that's highly unlikely.

Why would you think that? 

What exactly is it you think the staff member could have done to have prevented this, considering no one knows what happened yet (of course, a lot of thaivisa members just can't wait to blame anything/everything on the thais).

3 hours ago, sahibji said:

Yes ordered out and ignore their just Thais after all, as many constantly carry on here.

16 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

yes,  or foul play,  if i were a cop i would certainly dig a little deeper.  why did friends abandon him ?   check cctv , all bars/hotels resorts now it is mandatory to have CCTV

Or an accident, or health related matter.

Jesus, do you guys always think of the worst first when there is absolutely nothing to bass those thoughts oh??

4 hours ago, sahibji said:

here Thai attitude comes in...mai pen Rai...and remember here is no nanny society do as u please if u  fail u might die ...so what ? mai  pen Rai... u be born again so not a big deal....different school of thought / different attitudes / different outcomes...

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Personal responsibility is what keeps me alive in this country.

thinking about all the fatal pool accidents in Thailand I wonder what the hotel operators do with the now impure / hazardeous (?) pool water, drain it completely and refill or just add a few extra cans of chlorine or call a monk and give his absolution to the water? I mean, there WAS a corpse in the water which undeniably had started rotting away already...the operator may, however, just as well tend to adding formaline in high concentration to the water, every fish monger does that to  his dead fish corpses  in the open markets (we were informed)

2 hours ago, thurien said:

thinking about all the fatal pool accidents in Thailand I wonder what the hotel operators do with the now impure / hazardeous (?) pool water, drain it completely and refill or just add a few extra cans of chlorine or call a monk and give his absolution to the water? I mean, there WAS a corpse in the water which undeniably had started rotting away already...the operator may, however, just as well tend to adding formaline in high concentration to the water, every fish monger does that to  his dead fish corpses  in the open markets (we were informed)

Sorry but not correct.  He was dead for about three hours and it takes between 24 and 72 hours for the internal organs to start decomposing and up to a week before parts starting falling off.  So all you have is a dead body, nothing to worry about, the chlorine would keep impurities at bay.:wai:

Archived