Columbus Insurance R.I.P.

millwall_fan

I have used Columbus Direct International for travel insurance for the past few years and was very happy with their products. Sadly it looks like they are the latest in the increasingly long line of companies that do not wish to do business with The Kingdom. I am going to Hong Kong and China for a week in March, does anyone have any advice as to a good replacement for Columbus. (I have done a search on TV but I'm really asking for recent personal experiences. Thanks in advance.

You used to buy their products from Thailand? Are/were they registered in Thailand?

Already found it. It seems they have clarified their conditions, it is required that you have lived in the UK for more than 3 months. Thailand is one of the countries you can cover on a trip, but a resident of Thailand can not apply.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

You used to buy their products from Thailand? Are/were they registered in Thailand?

Already found it. It seems they have clarified their conditions, it is required that you have lived in the UK for more than 3 months. Thailand is one of the countries you can cover on a trip, but a resident of Thailand can not apply.

I have been resident in Thailand for 10 years and yes, they offered their product to us. I was insured with them on several trips. but no longer.

• 2 months later...

We have used Columbus Direct for a few years, and they have always been very quick to renew. Today I thought it had been a while, so on checking found out that our cover expires today. No email or mention from them.

Looks like they have dropped Thai Residents from their acceptable list. Who still offers?

Very disappointed by the lack of notification from them.

Archived