stop whining and enjoy your only paradise

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mousehound said:

The problem is we are all looking for Utopia.  And, if it existed at all we would all be there. And then it would no longer be Utopia.

Yes - a Utopia that is hotter than where we came from, cheaper on every level, especially the sex!

look - I enjoy my life in Thailand - it is laid back and i can do pretty much what i want without the nanny state penalising me every five minutes like is Oz or the UK - but crikey there are very very serious problems with this society, such as the hate between the reds and yellows (wait for the hate to explode again sometime in the future, its only a matter of time); the appalling pollution,  the appalling corruption, the Police and their complete inability ()or desire) to enforce civilized laws, such as those that protect people on the roads in particular, but hey as long as its hot and cheap who cares - stop whining!

Oh dear........Another one still prancing through the Daisy fields of "i'm so happy just to be here"

I am still happy here because i have moved from the places that made me money,but i didnt like.I am now where i want to be,like most of the other op's on here.

As it has been said.live here  for 10 years or so,learn about the frustration that comes,every day, when you cant try to make,what will be a foregone conclusion clear,When you (as a newbie)find out that these people that you state as "super being's" will rip you off no matter what because they dont love you.When,if you ever do,Drive down the Sukhumvit,or any main highway,realise that you are every Thai drivers target,and are taking your life(and others,if they travel with you) in your hands.I dont know where you are living,but Pattaya or Phuket would give you a good apprenticeship.Experience the wonderful, helpful police force here,that will charge you a hundred baht just for giving you direction's. Thailand can be wonderful,but it can take you in and spit you out.When you have learnt this,please post again.You've a lot of growing up to do.

9 minutes ago, Mousehound said:

The problem is we are all looking for Utopia.  And, if it existed at all we would all be there. And then it would no longer be Utopia.

That's just it. Pattaya was as close as it gets to utopia some time in the early-mid 80's. Then all the other bloody foreigners 'discovered' it.

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The problem with most on TVF members IMO is that they don't have anything better to do but to whine, bitch, moan and groan (release), this is what happens when you have too much time on your hands, and when you forget what you came here for in the 1st place, and what you wanted to achieve here (the plan), having forgotten what hell you came from, working in the slave trade to make a coin in the old country.

You see when you work like a slave and all hours trying to survive, you just go with the flow, because know no one wants to know about it, but here, well its "let it all hang out", from all the bitter twisted bitches on TVF, not that you ever take it personal, because it makes interesting for a laugh, you see my wife of 10 years NEVER bitches, so I feel right at home now.

Putting all of the above aside, there are some interesting topics, all good in learning other peoples point of views and taking in their advice, particularly all of the drunks 555

I have never whined and bitched on TVF before, but that does not mean that people may need or have the right to on occasion - it is just human nature when you are away from the culture you grew up in - its so easy to spot the flaws in other cultures, more so than those in your own, and thus hard to be quiet about it, hahha!

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Oh dear........Another one still prancing through the Daisy fields of "i'm so happy just to be here"

I am still happy here because i have moved from the places that made me money,but i didnt like.I am now where i want to be,like most of the other op's on here.

As it has been said.live here  for 10 years or so,learn about the frustration that comes,every day, when you cant try to make,what will be a foregone conclusion clear,When you (as a newbie)find out that these people that you state as "super being's" will rip you off no matter what because they dont love you.When,if you ever do,Drive down the Sukhumvit,or any main highway,realise that you are every Thai drivers target,and are taking your life(and others,if they travel with you) in your hands.I dont know where you are living,but Pattaya or Phuket would give you a good apprenticeship.Experience the wonderful, helpful police force here,that will charge you a hundred baht just for giving you direction's. Thailand can be wonderful,but it can take you in and spit you out.When you have learnt this,please post again.You've a lot of growing up to do.

Today's "Pissoff Grasshopper" post brought to you by...

2 minutes ago, petercouz said:

I have never whined and bitched on TVF before, but that does not mean that people may need or have the right to on occasion - it is just human nature when you are away from the culture you grew up in - its so easy to spot the flaws in other cultures, more so than those in your own, and thus hard to be quiet about it, hahha!

I said "most", for me whenever I feel that is a flaw, I just smile and exhale, after all this is not just a different country IMO, its a whole new system, I just duck and weave here and there as I would back home, but there would be a lot more ducking and weaving back there, suffice to say I really can't understand why people get so worked up here, if they accepted that it is what it is and nothing is going to change in our life time, unless they want it to, bottom line is, their country, there rules and if we think its not right, then we should go straight back to where we came from unless we are prepared to accept the fact.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

That's just it. Pattaya was as close as it gets to utopia some time in the early-mid 80's. Then all the other bloody foreigners 'discovered' it.

Pattaya and Utopia in the same sentence...555555555555555555555

555555555555555555555555555555555555555..Good One!!!!!

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I said "most", for me whenever I feel that is a flaw, I just smile and exhale, after all this is not just a different country IMO, its a whole new system, I just duck and weave here and there as I would back home, but there would be a lot more ducking and weaving back there, suffice to say I really can't understand why people get so worked up here, if they accepted that it is what it is and nothing is going to change in our life time, unless they want it to, bottom line is, their country, there rules and if we think its not right, then we should go straight back to where we came from unless we are prepared to accept the fact.

Yep - no argument from me! - live here with a smile on your face and you cant go wrong (but it still get tiresome to be told to stop whining - some crap does need airing)

1 minute ago, petercouz said:

Yep - no argument from me! - live here with a smile on your face and you cant go wrong (but it still get tiresome to be told to stop whining - some crap does need airing)

Agreed, that's why I have a punching back, exhale 555

"Thais are the only real original human beings living life style as simple and uncomplicated way, where as us the rest of all population of humankind are ridiculously trying to be nice people as we possibly can depending on how we were brought up or how life shaped our attitudes."

I think these people might disagree with you, on count one at least..........

braz-unc-2010-01-crop_news_medium.jpg

"Uncontacted" Indians in the Amazon

..............if they gave a s***.

Although they might be rather annoyed if you told them that they were "ridiculous", if such a concept exists in their world.   

Best play safe, say as little as possible and smile a lot.

Mahatma Gandhi > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Mahatma Gandhi

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

Mahatma Gandhi

I would refer you to a current topic in the News Forum regarding the two foot chain by which a lion is tethered in one of the atrocities that are 'zoos' here and work your way back to Tiger Temple, elephant husbandry, photo ops with exotic species in tourist areas ..

Archived