stop whining and enjoy your only paradise

redwinecheese

2 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Has definite trust issues. 

Nope

The point was that self-reliance and independence beats relying on another for the basic necessities of life any day of the week especially when so many jokers are dependent upon someone they hardly know beyond her ability to spread her legs, tell a man what she knows he wants to hear and fetch a cold one from the cooler.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

Nope

The point was that self-reliance and independence beats relying on another for the basic necessities of life any day of the week especially when so many jokers are dependent upon someone they hardly know beyond her ability to spread her legs, tell a man what she knows he wants to hear and fetch a cold one from the cooler.

Been married a few times and your description is better than what I have encountered. 

56 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

Nope

Sounds like a perfect marriage, apart from the dependency. Especially if there's no nagging and bitching involved.

1 hour ago, Sirbergan said:

Sounds like a perfect marriage, apart from the dependency. Especially if there's no nagging and bitching involved.

Provided the monthly allowance continues uninterrupted

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Say what you like infer what you like freedom of speech and your making a lot of suppositions. 

Suppositions based on the words.....

1 hour ago, elgordo38 said:

Been married a few times

I have never met a falang who was not a loser...

1.  broke and never happy

2.  complains all the time about everything

3.  smokes and drinks all day

4.  worst driver possible

5.  yells at people and then realizes it's his fault

6.  Has been here 10-years, and when leaves he then says how much he misses Thailand

I can only imagine him in his own country....

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Having spent most of my working life moving from country to country with the oil industry, I'd say that expats moaning about and taking the pee out of their host country and its denizens is standard practice, nothing specific to Thailand or the members of this or any other forum.

That's a pretty accurate statement, certainly applied to my last 30 years or so as an expat. Looking at the calendar and the next pay cheque makes it all worthwhile.

I have never met a falang who was not a loser...

1.  broke and never happy
2.  complains all the time about everything
3.  smokes and drinks all day
4.  worst driver possible
5.  yells at people and then realizes it's his fault
6.  Has been here 10-years, and when leaves he then says how much he misses Thailand

I can only imagine him in his own country....

Think that says more about the social circles you mix in than the quality of "Farangs" in Thailand.

I think what the OP is trying to say is that the view of the OP is that Thais seem to have a natural propensity to a happy state of mind whereas Johnny Foreigner from USA, Europe or Australia has to work for his/her happiness, in other words is subconsciously guilt ridden and should throw off that guilt and enjoy life in the way that the Thais do; that is to learn something from them in that regard whilst living in Thailand.

On 16/01/2017 at 8:44 AM, sandgroper2 said:

Totally agree, stop being happy and content because in 10 years you wont be, so, get a head start and be miserable like BuaBS from day one.

Because I would never be happier listening to English spoken by Thais... i.e 

Steak over here is pronounced satake and Mr.  Is pronounced mittar.

Cheers 

12 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Because I would never be happier listening to English spoken by Thais... i.e 

Steak over here is pronounced satake and Mr.  Is pronounced mittar.

Cheers 

Just out of curiosity how is your pronunciation of the 5 tones that make the Thai language understandable?

14 hours ago, redwinecheese said:

Seriously I really worder why so many farang feel sad in LOS what makes someone who fell in love with something feel depressed.   I hope it is not physical thing like been beaten by jealous locales!? Becaise If not ignore my inquiry 

What makes you think that "so many farang feel sad in LOS"?

The more grounded ones don't have your Pollyanna view of the country, they like it on balance but are not blind to its darker side. I like Thais and Thailand but I've never viewed the country through rose-tinted spectacles, you have to be aware of the downsides to avoid falling victim to them. Take a look at the documentary "My Thai Bride", Ted from Wales came to Thailand with his pants lined with gold, he left with his arse hanging out if his trousers. If you come to Thailand best to do so after researching the place and with your eyes wide open. Otherwise some day it will be you that feels sad.

Let's be frank over here about talking local language, whether it is Thailand or any other place people interests are all most the same.   I really don't want to go deep why some foreigners think talking same language gets more benefits but all I want to mention is one really important issue not too many people look at it carefully which is.   Your ear drums because the more your ears hear anything the more energy your mind must put up with so, to all those who kindly replied to my post I want to thank each one of them and finally please I beg of you not to think of me otherwise like being arrogant or so.   All of me is part of you guys 

God bless us all

BTW English isn't my native language specially when I wanted to say farang but mistakenly I said white race 

Sorry 

Let's be frank over here about talking local language, whether it is Thailand or any other place people interests are all most the same.   I really don't want to go deep why some foreigners think talking same language gets more benefits but all I want to mention is one really important issue not too many people look at it carefully which is.   Your ear drums because the more your ears hear anything the more energy your mind must put up with so, to all those who kindly replied to my post I want to thank each one of them and finally please I beg of you not to think of me otherwise like being arrogant or so.   All of me is part of you guys 
God bless us all
BTW English isn't my native language specially when I wanted to say farang but mistakenly I said white race 
Sorry 

Complete Troll

And when doing it in the future, non-native English speakers tend to not use nuances like "isn't" so try to condition yourself to using "Is Not"

I know, It's 2nd nature when you're so used to the language but if you're going to Troll, you need to at least put some effort into it.

10 hours ago, JB300 said:

Complete Troll

And when doing it in the future, non-native English speakers tend to not use nuances like "isn't" so try to condition yourself to using "Is Not"

I know, It's 2nd nature when you're so used to the language but if you're going to Troll, you need to at least put some effort into it.

Appreciate your concern 

Well,  I wasn't born rich and I didn't spend my days and  nights running after money but guess what? I am like most of you on this fourm living on my pension and I am extremely satisfied in life in general and in LOS in particular....

p.s

I've never seen an American whine.:smile:

Nah I think I'll be staying in my first world country rather than the third world that is Thailand 

A totally misguided bordering deluded op

But glad you're enjoying yourself there and all the best 

Ever noticed the only people that want to get into Thailand are farang 

The Thais wanna leave so that says a lot 

2 hours ago, upside said:

Nah I think I'll be staying in my first world country rather than the third world that is Thailand 

A totally misguided bordering deluded op

But glad you're enjoying yourself there and all the best 

Ever noticed the only people that want to get into Thailand are farang 

The Thais wanna leave so that says a lot 

Er no Sherlock, wrong country; you're thinking of the Philippines

Simple and uncomplicated? I've been married to a Thai woman for over a decade. And while I love her and her family dearly and wouldn't change a thing about our life together, simple and uncomplicated are not two words I'd ever couple together when speaking about Thai people or their culture! I suspect your views will mature on the subject over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 4 weeks later...

Archived