stop whining and enjoy your only paradise

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

It can be done- one can live in the tourist ghettos of the country and interact in English only

...in Chiang Mai

53 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

but that is not the real Thailand- it's the fake Thailand - the one in which the 2 week millionaires  exist.

...in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

Unlike English if a Thai word is not pronounced ( tone) 100% correctly  they will  not understand it.

Anyway the girls speak bamboo Engish. Who else would you want to talk to ???

Oh I dunno.........the taxi driver, the engineer you hire to fix your A/C, the mechanic to service your motorbike, and the bank teller to name just a few.

Of course, you could just resign yourself to being yet  another farang berk who relies on his "wife" or "girlfriend" to conduct negotiations for him and just hands over his wallet when she tells him the price which is almost inevitably jacked up to include a nice little cut for her.

These men are such losers.

They inevitably step up to the forum asking if, despite being reasonably certain that their new family is slagging them off in Thai, should they keep on dishing out the monthly allowance and letting the wife's friends camp out on the living room floor drinking Hong Thong every night until 3am.

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

Unlike English if a Thai word is not pronounced ( tone) 100% correctly  they will  not understand it.

Anyway the girls speak bamboo Engish. Who else would you want to talk to ???

This is not true. Thai is usually spoken in a particularly context and it is my experience that the correct word order is generally sufficient to be understood by the vast majority of Thais.

I know I always go on about this, yes, the majority of Thais are good, decent, helpful people, now here comes the but, the driving and motorbike riding mentality of most Thais, just look at the dreadful road statistics, that means an awful lot of these good, decent, helpful Thais, and most of them either drive or ride, have got very questionable mentality. 

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

One day you will realise that Thai people are no different than others.

The things that make this place a "paradise" is The Weather, The Price Level and The Lively Women.

But good you have a positive attitude. Add a bit of Common Sense and you should be just fine ;-)

But keep that common sense for on the roads, that's where you will need it most.

11 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Life is so much better with the correct glasses on.

Today' is  a coffee and cognac  morning..

cheers. :thumbsup:

almost-rose-tinted.jpg

Tasteful:thumbsup:

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

I would guess 90 percent members are white. And what race are you? 

100 metres:shock1:

8 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

Oh I dunno.........the taxi driver, the engineer you hire to fix your A/C, the mechanic to service your motorbike, and the bank teller to name just a few.

Of course, you could just resign yourself to being yet  another farang berk who relies on his "wife" or "girlfriend" to conduct negotiations for him and just hands over his wallet when she tells him the price which is almost inevitably jacked up to include a nice little cut for her.

These men are such losers.

They inevitably step up to the forum asking if, despite being reasonably certain that their new family is slagging them off in Thai, should they keep on dishing out the monthly allowance and letting the wife's friends camp out on the living room floor drinking Hong Thong every night until 3am.

I gave my lass 1500 Baht to pay for dinner last night and smirked loudly when the total was 1540 Baht.

She'll never get one over on me I thought....

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I know I always go on about this, yes, the majority of Thais are good, decent, helpful people, now here comes the but, the driving and motorbike riding mentality of most Thais, just look at the dreadful road statistics, that means an awful lot of these good, decent, helpful Thais, and most of them either drive or ride, have got very questionable mentality. 

Lighten up Mrs!!

Archived