Hire Legally A Foreign Nanny

The work permit rules for local south east asian make it possible.. I recall a guy in Phuket who did it this way to enable his girlfriends stay. However the work permit issues around a western person doing it would become astronomically expensive, far beyond the economics of doing so. 

Is it technically possible ?? I guess.. 

Is it realistically possible ?? No.

52 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

The work permit rules for local south east asian make it possible.. I recall a guy in Phuket who did it this way to enable his girlfriends stay. However the work permit issues around a western person doing it would become astronomically expensive, far beyond the economics of doing so. 

Is it technically possible ?? I guess.. 

Is it realistically possible ?? No.

The work permit costs 3,000 per year and a single entry non B 2,000, jumping through the hoops to get a permission to stay extension would be interesting though.

What astronomical expenses am I missing ?

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

I think it would be setting up a Thai company and the other requirements to get the work permit or arranging the nannies employment through an agent.

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

The work permit costs 3,000 per year and a single entry non B 2,000, jumping through the hoops to get a permission to stay extension would be interesting though.

Forming a Thai company, annual accounts, corporation tax, sales tax, etc etc etc.. 

Not to mention 4 Thai employees if you expect to do extensions and avoid repeated visa running longer term which appears to be getting harder by the month. 

4 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Forming a Thai company, annual accounts, corporation tax, sales tax, etc etc etc.. 

Not to mention 4 Thai employees if you expect to do extensions and avoid repeated visa running longer term which appears to be getting harder by the month. 

None of that is needed to get a work permit for a "local south east asian" ?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

None of that is needed to get a work permit for a "local south east asian" ?

which is precisely why I said 

I have found this information ;

The easiest criteria to meet, is someone must be paying 50,000 baht personal income tax per year. This 'someone" can be a foreigner with a work permit or a Thai national. This foreigner or Thai does not need to have a company. For every 50,000 tax paid per year, up to three people can be employed. Example: you paid 200,000 baht in tax last year you can employ three foreigners.

Proof of this income is the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March) If you do not have a Phor Ngor Dor.91 because you have not been working in Thailand, this is not a problem. However you must have the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis)

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2006/10/how-to-keep-your-foreign-nanny-in-thailand-legally/

Edited by frog555

That is incorrect or misleading info.

I think that it is the requirements to hire a person from Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam under the migrant worker scheme.

It is certainly not possible to hire and get a work permit for a person not from one of those countries without  them working for a Thai registered company.

• Like 1

It's certainly possible.  I know several people that brought their Filipino  maids/nannies with them when they transferred to Thailand from Hong Kong or Singapore.  One guy did use that route to allow his Filipino gf to stay with him both in Singapore and Thailand. As far as I know visa was arranged legally through HR dept with minimum hassle. 

TH 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaihome said:

It's certainly possible.  I know several people that brought their Filipino  maids/nannies with them when they transferred to Thailand from Hong Kong or Singapore.  One guy did use that route to allow his Filipino gf to stay with him both in Singapore and Thailand. As far as I know visa was arranged legally through HR dept with minimum hassle. 

TH 

Since you mentioned the HR department I suspect the company hired them on the employees behalf. It is not just about the visa it more to do with getting a work permit.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you mentioned the HR department I suspect the company hired them on the employees behalf. It is not just about the visa it more to do with getting a work permit.

To be honest, I don't know how they did it, but am sure  the company did not hire them (I would have seen the paperwork on that). I believe there are agencies that specialize in providing foreign domestic workers, including Filipinos.   The people had to pay fees and salary themselves.  

TH

4 hours ago, frog555 said:

I have found this information ;

The easiest criteria to meet, is someone must be paying 50,000 baht personal income tax per year. This 'someone" can be a foreigner with a work permit or a Thai national. This foreigner or Thai does not need to have a company. For every 50,000 tax paid per year, up to three people can be employed. Example: you paid 200,000 baht in tax last year you can employ three foreigners.

Proof of this income is the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March) If you do not have a Phor Ngor Dor.91 because you have not been working in Thailand, this is not a problem. However you must have the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis)

https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/readers-submissions/2006/10/how-to-keep-your-foreign-nanny-in-thailand-legally/

Miss leading piece, on a non Authority site, discussing what appears to be local SE Asian nannys not UK france as per request. 

• Like 1