What do Isaan women really like?

Csaw

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, akirasan said:

Probably dated 3 Issan girls and wound up married to one :sad:

I've noticed a few similarities, being..

Very very strong family ties.  Family above all else.
They love eating and I would guess food takes up about 80% of their thought process
They love clothes and shoes and don't have expensive taste
They're not big risk takers.  
They are very easy going and can put up with pretty much anything
The other 20% of their though process is how can they make their skin more white
They love the simple life
They don't mind a traditional kind of relationship, by that I mean even though I never asked my wife to, she always likes to do the cleaning and washing and cooking.  I've only had a chance to cook one meal so far in the three months we've been married.
They avoid conflict and disagreement at all cost.

Common traits and likes ,                  Money number 1 ,                      Many have long term plans when with farang partners 

2 hours ago, Csaw said:

WOW! That pretty much sums up exactly how she is, i mean to a tee - except the skin part. Just wow!

Food is her comfort. I used to think that it’s just her personal weakness - an addiction like that of ppl i'd seen on t.v shows. Didn’t know the whole town was like that. Feel like there is a factory somewhere in the village where they install the same version personality chip in each one as soon as they are born.

Quite right! Just wait until that chip malfunction. Ain´t wanna be close then. LOL

I've lived in Thailand for going on 12 years and lived with a Issan woman for 6 years.

Many women from Issan come from poverty and large families and were ignored while growing up.  They were not nurtured, nor shown love, verbally and sexually abused, which damages their inner, child, core which created abandonment issues. 

Over the the years I've read many sad stories from men/women and Thai relationships.  Most people met them in bars.

After a short period of time they notice their mates sabotaging the relationship and can't understand why.  Abandonment issues!

If you feel that person has you in a  cul-de-sac and making you sick follow the link below.  They are probably gaslighting you!  If so experts recommend to end the relationship ASAP.  For self help refer to the many UTube videos on Abandonment, gaslighting, narcissism.  Good luck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

well if you are new in thailand its a fair question.....otherwise the topic has been done to death.

(1) money

((2) gold

(3) new car

(4) land

(5) new house

(6) partner to take care of their family financially

(7) visa to partner's home country all expenses paid

(8) not to  have to work

(9) or to be set up in a business which they will tire of very quickly

(10) upon death of said partner...left enough money to last forever.

(11) annual update of the latest I phone.

That's the receiving side.On the giving side in return they will give you 24/7 sex,clean your house ,cook your food and love you long time.They will defer to you,allow you to make the decisions and be happy to go along.

It is essential to have enough money for all the above.

I agree with other posters that Thai gold jewelry is the best gift (after money). Giving money to your wife's mum, or other elderly relative, will also give you plenty of kudos.

I remember meeting my Isan wife's Mum. She never smiled. I gave her a gift of an expensive, genuine hand-painted boomerang (costing about 5,000 Baht) that I'd picked up in Australia. She was bemused, to say the least, and kept asking her family what she was meant to do with the boomerang. She eventually stuck it is a box and left is with all the other useless junk she had accumulated.

At a later meeting, and before marrying my wife, I gave her 20,000 Baht. Wow, her face lit up and she has been smiling at me ever since. By contributing, and helping the family, it meant (from her perception) that I wanted to be part of the family with all the rights and obligations.

I remember once giving one of my wife's friends a small gift of gold, worth about 2,000 Baht, because she had helped us sort out a problem with the government. That was a mistake! It was like I had married her and she has accepted!

Hi Csaw

I offered to my girlfriend 15 concrete pots (of the same kind as the photo included) for lemon trees with 2 varieties of lemon trees, 1 orange tree and 1 grapefruit tree brought in my suitcase from South of France where I come from. I worked the land inside 5 of the pots ( which is not only composed of land but also of 33% of a particular tree leaves and 33% of rice "shell"available for free in all Issan villages where they work rice) and paid one of her brothers in law to make the rest of the pots full and of course I bought Thai limes for the remaining pots. I did it on a piece of land that she had that was not used and I can tell you that she but also her family and the neighbours where quite happy about that and I cannot say you how much was it as U di not remember exactly but all in all it was not really expensive...

On another trip I came with 5 varieties of white grape and 5 varieties of red grape (raditional tasty varieties and not the new big beautiful and full of water but tasteless varieties ) and for sure that was much apreciated also. Everybody wanted some : - )

I tried many other plants and trees that did not work...

Just my small experience to try to give you an idea. You can also work several fruit trees from Thailand if she has some unused land somewhere not far from her home (may I suggest amoung other delicious Thai mangoes or pomegranate trees that grows well in Issan and makes a delicious and very healthy juice  "Ceb Ceb!!!" As they speak in Issan : - )))   )

Hoping that my modest contribution to your topic may have given you a good idea for something a bit original

Of course you cannot be wrong with  stuff like gold but that is less original.

Regards

Screenshot_2017-01-17-05-59-40-1.png

1 hour ago, samuibeachcomber said:

well if you are new in thailand its a fair question.....otherwise the topic has been done to death.

(1) money

((2) gold

(3) new car

(4) land

(5) new house

(6) partner to take care of their family financially

(7) visa to partner's home country all expenses paid

(8) not to  have to work

(9) or to be set up in a business which they will tire of very quickly

(10) upon death of said partner...left enough money to last forever.

(11) annual update of the latest I phone.

That's the receiving side.On the giving side in return they will give you 24/7 sex,clean your house ,cook your food and love you long time.They will defer to you,allow you to make the decisions and be happy to go along.

It is essential to have enough money for all the above.

Sadly I agree with above all. My mum is from Issan but I was brought up in the UK. My cousins are living in Issan and whenever I go back to visit them they see me as a gold mine - expecting presents or money! 

My husband is English and we both have decent jobs in London. We both work very hard to have a decent living given living standard in London is very high. My cousins think we are billionaire -.- all of them dream of having a farang husband and live in fairyland! They don't appreciate working hard to make their lives better. 

12 minutes ago, Lou Provencaou said:

I offered to my girlfriend 15 concrete pots (of the same kind as the photo included) for lemon trees with 2 varieties of lemon trees, 1 orange tree and 1 grapefruit tree brought in my suitcase from South of France where I come from.

How the <deleted> did you get fifteen of those pots in a suitcase????

2 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

I have a half Thai granddaughter.  She was born in England, lives in England, never really been to Thailand, yet looks Thai, thinks like a Thai and has all the Thai traits and characteristics !!  Must be a dominant gene?!!

Haha hilarious! I think I'm more British Chinese (my father is Chinese) than Thai! 

25 minutes ago, nattle said:

Sadly I agree with above all. My mum is from Issan but I was brought up in the UK. My cousins are living in Issan and whenever I go back to visit them they see me as a gold mine - expecting presents or money! 

My husband is English and we both have decent jobs in London. We both work very hard to have a decent living given living standard in London is very high. My cousins think we are billionaire -.- all of them dream of having a farang husband and live in fairyland! They don't appreciate working hard to make their lives better. 

respect for being honest!  (an honest Thai my God lol). Actually, being serious, Thais who are well travelled are rarely 'Thai' in the sense of 'gob nai kala' and are obviously more open and see the reality as you described.

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

respect for being honest!  (an honest Thai my God lol). Actually, being serious, Thais who are well travelled are rarely 'Thai' in the sense of 'gob nai kala' and are obviously more open and see the reality as you described.

Haha! Most of my Thai friends are educated in the UK but they are all from upper class Thai families unlike me :laugh:. They wouldn't know what the true Issan is! 

My mum lived abroad for 40+ years but she is still very much Issan at heart - my father couldn't cope in the end! She has moved back to Issan now but we have to support her financially - oh well same old story. Fortunately we can afford to do that. 

45 minutes ago, nattle said:

Haha hilarious! I think I'm more British Chinese (my father is Chinese) than Thai! 

I have a Thai stepson and 3 stepdaughters the son has lived in England for over 25 years and complains his elder sister is a money person, they're from BKK. Of the two other (Isaan) daughters one is becoming ever more English, she doesn't like Thai men and is determined to be successful. The elder is a money person and even with a good job manages to get into debt and gets drunk then drives.

I have many Thai friends in England, some gamble others don't, many have good careers, own a house, car, etc  and live the same as the locals.

Different people different personalities normal throughout the world.

Archived