Impatience (and idiot) with a capital "I"

webfact

Impatience (and idiot) with a capital "I"

1a.jpg

Picture: Video screenshot

CHIANG MAI: -- A driver of a pick-up truck has been roundly condemned after he blocked off an ambulance with a dying person in the back.

The impatient driver seems to have been irked that he was overtaken by the ambulance earlier.

Then, with its siren wailing loudly, and medics working frantically on CPR in the rear of the vehicle the pick up driver stops and blocks the path of the ambulance that needs to turn round, reportts Sanook.

The driver can hardly believe it as the pick-up driver winds down his window and says: "Khon nay rot ja taay reu wa? Have you got someone dying in there mate?"

The footage was posted on the Facebook page of Chomrom Khon Goo Phai Chiang Mai.

The incident happened in Chiang Mai on Sunday evening. Netizens who viewed the story in their thousands roundly condemned the attitude of the rude pick-up driver.

Source: Sanook

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ezzra said:

This is a more comic happening that being too serious at it, the medics

And yesterday its reported 20% of people picked up by ambulances die in the back in  part due to people not yielding in traffic and not getting them to hospital fast enough

28 minutes ago, cooked said:

I have the impression, in Bangkok at least, that ambulances automatically turn on sirens and lights when going anywhere. No wonder they are disrespected.

Not to mention every yahoo with a modified pick-up truck can get a couple of blue flashing lights and rush to accidents before some actual trained paramedics can arrive....:coffee1:

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

The ambulance driver should have said... yes we have a dying person in the back  YOUR MOTHER.

That would have moved the clown.

Probably not since his mother is probably already dead, he was too impatient to call an ambulance and wait for it so he would  have left her dying on the floor until he came back later.....

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

What a genius you are

I was thinking the same thing.  Whether the ambulance is on the way to or on the way back to the hospital with a patient.... they should have the right of way and .... respect.   Anyone purposely impeding the ambulance should be at a minimum severely fined, with potential to rise to the level of manslaughter or criminal negligence.  

It really is a national disgrace that Emergency vehicles don't appear to have right of way in traffic. I am quite happy that this issue is finally being floated by social media. All Ambulances should have dash cams and fines should be sent promptly. It is a simple thing to understand, get out of the way.

As an old EMT, I would like to point out to some of the responders here, you are jerks

Ambulance should ALWAYS have right of way, in fact you should pull over even if it is coming from the opposite direction....

Remember, likely one day it Will be your sorry patute on the gurney....

Anyone who obstructs an ambulance should be jailed and car impounded for a good long stretch

4 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

As an old EMT, I would like to point out to some of the responders here, you are jerks

Ambulance should ALWAYS have right of way, in fact you should pull over even if it is coming from the opposite direction....

Anyone who obstructs an ambulance should be jailed and car impounded for a good long stretch

imagine that t is your dear one inside the ambulance and someone does this to the ambulance.

14 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

You guys are all wrong....he was checking on the well being of the patient and would have lead the ambulance to the hospital if requested...always give way to black pick up drivers...

got your point?????

20 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

What a genius you are

if the ambulance drivers behave in  manner that you do not like how does it become the fault of the person inside the ambulance, possibly fighting  for his/her life. they deserve to be saved. personalities should be out of the equation.

17 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It really is a national disgrace that Emergency vehicles don't appear to have right of way in traffic. I am quite happy that this issue is finally being floated by social media. All Ambulances should have dash cams and fines should be sent promptly. It is a simple thing to understand, get out of the way.

you possibly need clearer laws and prompt enforcement to have the ambulances doing their noble work.

2 hours ago, cooked said:

I have the impression, in Bangkok at least, that ambulances automatically turn on sirens and lights when going anywhere. No wonder they are disrespected.

then you better hope that you will never have to be carried by an ambulance and have someone have the impression that your emergency is simply hogging for road courtesy. sheesh! and to think 3 upvoted you.

30 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

Or a very quick crush.

I've lived here for a long time and I've seen it first hand. It is not in their driver handbook, written test nor their driving since they do not actually do a road test,

In general, there are many drivers like this who have this mentality,  refuse to give a CM, even if it cost them their lives. Use their vehicle to force others off the road because they are larger not knowing sharing the road is part of driving.

Majority of the traffic jams I see here in Pattaya are self induced due to a lack of patients, consideration and being courteous for a second to another driver. 

When you have drivers who have no idea what to do when they hear a emergency vehicle, railroad crossing, pedestrian crossing that is going to be problems.

So it is a brain fart,nothing to do with facts.You know how many accidents and life threatening cases in a city of over 10 million,i don't but it would be hundreds per day.

20 minutes ago, sahibji said:

if the ambulance drivers behave in  manner that you do not like how does it become the fault of the person inside the ambulance, possibly fighting  for his/her life. they deserve to be saved. personalities should be out of the equation.

come again? I was criticizing someone who said ambulance drivers use their lights all the time, even when not in an emergency - so I really don't know what you are talking about

41 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Hard to use the emergency lane when it is chockers full of traffic.

1 minute ago, louse1953 said:

So it is a brain fart,nothing to do with facts.You know how many accidents and life threatening cases in a city of over 10 million,i don't but it would be hundreds per day.

It never occurred to me that they were running around the city having races just for fun.  I know that I heard the ambulance sirens of ambulances in downtown Toronto more often than I did here, and that is a city of at most 33% the size of Bangkok.... and I know that those ambulances are not running around with the sirens having fun.... so I think it is probably someone's personal delusions....

43 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Whether the ambulance is on the way to or on the way back to the hospital with a patient.... they should have the right of way and .... respect.   Anyone purposely impeding the ambulance should be at a minimum severely fined, with potential to rise to the level of manslaughter or criminal negligence.  

...and a life time, country wide ban on ever being transported to hospital in one!

38 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

1 minute ago, irwinfc said:

then you better hope that you will never have to be carried by an ambulance and have someone have the impression that your emergency is simply hogging for road courtesy. sheesh! and to think 3 upvoted you.

I don't really care if you 'upvoted' me or not.

I have definitely observed that not all ambulances with sirens and lights flashing are on their way to or from an emergency. We are talking about the reactions of Thai drivers that see this every day, not about my actions.  For myself, I do make way for ambulances even if I am pretty sure that they are just showing off their bright and noisy toy. When I do, the next car along DOESN'T give way for them, so what does that bring, apart from you feeling better about yourself?

When my battery went flat in Buriram two years ago I rang a guy I know and he turned up in his ambulance with flashing lights to give me a battery jump.

Yes they do, also the police and other emergency cars just forget to turn it off sometimes or turned it on without being in a hurry.

Add to that the restaurants who also use wailing emergencylights and somchais who mounted them on their vehicles and there you've got it, nobody takes them lights serious anymore.

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

And yesterday its reported 20% of people picked up by ambulances die in the back in  part due to people not yielding in traffic and not getting them to hospital fast enough

There is a new law that an ambulance, sirene on, has the right of way.

Traffic has to yield same as for a police car, stop and give them room to pass.

I think that most people are unaware of this new law.

The  real problem here is there are "way too many"  vehicles with flashing lights and  sirens on, compound that with the already mentioned "lights on" when no emergency scenario as Somchai the driver just wants to get anywhere without a real  emergency.

Its pretty simple  really, if the Thais wont stop for pedestrians and a  Policeman why the hell are they gonna stop for an ambulance..........unless theres a  good "gore" photo opportunity.

I move out of the way automatically only to have the other  morons sail past me  still blocking the ambulances way , then you have the ambulance chasers who  like to follow the Police or Ambulance as it gives them a nice speedy trip behind............2  metres or so.

In all pretty pathetic

Archived