BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Impatience (and idiot) with a capital "I"

Impatience (and idiot) with a capital "I"

1a.jpg

Picture: Video screenshot

CHIANG MAI: -- A driver of a pick-up truck has been roundly condemned after he blocked off an ambulance with a dying person in the back.

The impatient driver seems to have been irked that he was overtaken by the ambulance earlier.

Then, with its siren wailing loudly, and medics working frantically on CPR in the rear of the vehicle the pick up driver stops and blocks the path of the ambulance that needs to turn round, reportts Sanook.

The driver can hardly believe it as the pick-up driver winds down his window and says: "Khon nay rot ja taay reu wa? Have you got someone dying in there mate?"

The footage was posted on the Facebook page of Chomrom Khon Goo Phai Chiang Mai.

The incident happened in Chiang Mai on Sunday evening. Netizens who viewed the story in their thousands roundly condemned the attitude of the rude pick-up driver.

Source: Sanook

This is a more comic happening that being too serious at it, the medics

should have said Yes!! we do have someone dying here and you're in the way....

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

This is a more comic happening that being too serious at it, the medics

And yesterday its reported 20% of people picked up by ambulances die in the back in  part due to people not yielding in traffic and not getting them to hospital fast enough

I have the impression, in Bangkok at least, that ambulances automatically turn on sirens and lights when going anywhere. No wonder they are disrespected.

The ambulance driver should have said... yes we have a dying person in the back  YOUR MOTHER.

That would have moved the clown.

28 minutes ago, cooked said:

I have the impression, in Bangkok at least, that ambulances automatically turn on sirens and lights when going anywhere. No wonder they are disrespected.

Not to mention every yahoo with a modified pick-up truck can get a couple of blue flashing lights and rush to accidents before some actual trained paramedics can arrive....:coffee1:

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

The ambulance driver should have said... yes we have a dying person in the back  YOUR MOTHER.

That would have moved the clown.

Probably not since his mother is probably already dead, he was too impatient to call an ambulance and wait for it so he would  have left her dying on the floor until he came back later.....

1 hour ago, cooked said:

What a genius you are

1 minute ago, PremiumLane said:

What a genius you are

I was thinking the same thing.  Whether the ambulance is on the way to or on the way back to the hospital with a patient.... they should have the right of way and .... respect.   Anyone purposely impeding the ambulance should be at a minimum severely fined, with potential to rise to the level of manslaughter or criminal negligence.  

It really is a national disgrace that Emergency vehicles don't appear to have right of way in traffic. I am quite happy that this issue is finally being floated by social media. All Ambulances should have dash cams and fines should be sent promptly. It is a simple thing to understand, get out of the way.

You guys are all wrong....he was checking on the well being of the patient and would have lead the ambulance to the hospital if requested...always give way to black pick up drivers...

As an old EMT, I would like to point out to some of the responders here, you are jerks

Ambulance should ALWAYS have right of way, in fact you should pull over even if it is coming from the opposite direction....

Remember, likely one day it Will be your sorry patute on the gurney....

Anyone who obstructs an ambulance should be jailed and car impounded for a good long stretch

this barbarian should be given the stiffest sentence possible and caned if possible. they make mockery of administration and life.

4 minutes ago, robertthesculptor said:

As an old EMT, I would like to point out to some of the responders here, you are jerks

Ambulance should ALWAYS have right of way, in fact you should pull over even if it is coming from the opposite direction....

Remember, likely one day it Will be your sorry patute on the gurney....

Anyone who obstructs an ambulance should be jailed and car impounded for a good long stretch

imagine that t is your dear one inside the ambulance and someone does this to the ambulance.

14 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

You guys are all wrong....he was checking on the well being of the patient and would have lead the ambulance to the hospital if requested...always give way to black pick up drivers...

got your point?????