My experience filing TM30 at Jomtien 17.1.17

1 hour ago, chang50 said:

.It seems without this extensions are refused,and my yearly one is due soon.

I've done extensions for many years, as recently as December 20th, at Jomtien and never submiited a TM.30. They seem quite content with a copy of my condo deed and recent utility bill.

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

She is only a receptionist after all.

Sometimes the person at the desk is one of the senior officers and even the young staffers are at least I/Os in training. Whoever is there, they often go through papers brought by applicants and sort them out. I agree they are often quite busy, but as I said in the previous post I've never been asked to produce or submit a TM.30, so her advice may have been accurate. They seem quite willing to accept various proofs of address.

Edited by Suradit69

11 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Sometimes the person at the desk is one of the senior officers and even the young staffers are at least I/Os in training. Whoever is there, they often go through papers brought by applicants and sort them out. I agree they are often quite busy, but I said in the previous post I've never been asked to produce or submit a TM.30, so her advice may have been accurate.

The few times  have been there it has just been a young girl in civilian clothing absolutely mobbed out with people in front of her but I have no reason to not believe what you say. As for the advice you was given, it was wrong and I think you have been lucky up until now. You may not be so lucky the next time when you apply for the extension. Even the agents that are doing it the back handed way are now having to do a TM30 for there 'Clients'. See post one where he said downstairs said no but upstairs who actually deal with them said yes or he wouldn't get an extension the next time he applies.

Edited by Lovethailandelite

10 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

I've done extensions for many years, as recently as December 20th, at Jomtien and never submiited a TM.30. They seem quite content with a copy of my condo deed and recent utility bill.

10 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

When I went to make extensions on 16 December TM30 most definitely WAS required. I even had to fill in 1 4 times, 1 for each applicant and 1 for upstairs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

When I went to make extensions on 16 December TM30 most definitely WAS required. I even had to fill in 1 4 times, 1 for each applicant and 1 for upstairs

I think we need to bare in mind that Jomtien only really started cracking down on this around September or October time. A lot of people haven't yet applied for there extensions there since.

I have no idea if the Thai landlord has filed a TM30, doubtful because I mentioned TM30 when I signed the lease and he didn't know or understand "TM30" "immigration". I've done two 90 days since then and gotten my retirement extension last week. I wasn't asked for a TM30 but they can always be planning to knock on my door; they know where I live.

53 minutes ago, Jedsada3 said:

TM30 should be filled by the one who hosts you not by yourself ! When you live in hotel you never see the TM30 nor get a receipt because it's not your business but the business of the hotel manager.

Maybe you mean TM47... or TM28.

Its very much your business when your looking for an extension of stay or need to deal with Immigration in any province that is enforcing the rule. It's YOU that will be paying the fine.

4 hours ago, chang50 said:

After reading many reports on TV about filing a TM30 when returning from abroad I decided to go straight to the 2nd floor and I'm glad I did.Twice earlier I asked downstairs and was told I did not need to do this.Even though I returned to Thailand 3 months ago they took my TM30 with no mention of a fine.(I was prepared to argue I had tried twice earlier if needed)...chatting with the lady handling my case I was told upstairs is separate from downstairs!!! They stapled the receipt inside my passport.It seems without this extensions are refused,and my yearly one is due soon.

Did you fill out the TM 30 yourself? Did you need anything other than the TM30?  Never knew there was an upstairs at Jomtien.

4 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Glad it worked out and exactly why I said forget the front desk and go straight up the stairs. She is so busy on that front desk I don't think she knows what is really going on. :smile: She is only a receptionist after all.

More than one works there.

59 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

Did you fill out the TM 30 yourself? Did you need anything other than the TM30?  Never knew there was an upstairs at Jomtien.

First time I had to I had to fill one out they sent me upstairs, this was over a year ago.  Since then I've been able to do everything downstairs.  

Yes I've filled out every TM-30 myself.

This past week or so the condo where I stay posted a notice, first time so something is going on.  Hopefully I won't have any issues as I lost my receipt but I'll be less than 90 days, fingers crossed.

IMG_3611.JPG

Its very much your business when your looking for an extension of stay or need to deal with Immigration in any province that is enforcing the rule. It's YOU that will be paying the fine.

Well, this depends on the circumstances...

1 hour ago, kokopelli said:

Yes I filled it out myself as the Housemaster.I also needed my tenancy agreement and they copied pages from my passport.

Edited by chang50

5 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Glad it worked out and exactly why I said forget the front desk and go straight up the stairs. She is so busy on that front desk I don't think she knows what is really going on. :smile: She is only a receptionist after all.

Then it is you whom I should thank my friend.

3 hours ago, Jedsada3 said:

TM30 should be filled by the one who hosts you not by yourself ! When you live in hotel you never see the TM30 nor get a receipt because it's not your business but the business of the hotel manager.

I live in a rented house and I mean TM30.

1 minute ago, wobalt said:

Not only - it depends also how strong your Thai network is and if you are willing to accept to pay for somebody who is in fact responsible .

As foreigners in Thailand we have very limited choices if we want to stay.At Jomtien at least if you file late there is no fine as of today.Leave it to your extension,who knows?

As foreigners in Thailand we have very limited choices if we want to stay.At Jomtien at least if you file late there is no fine as of today.Leave it to your extension,who knows?

True at the time being..but this makes us weak and predictable, isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Again and again this comes up it depends what office you go to. What works at jontiem doesn't work at another immigration office.

It's not just immigration offices if you think about it..

3 hours ago, Jedsada3 said:

Yes Jedsada3 is right, TM30 is for the hotel, landlord or owner of the property where you live and TM28 is for alien who stays in Thailand

Just now, TheSwede99 said:

Yes Jedsada3 is right, TM30 is for the hotel, landlord or owner of the property where you live and TM28 is for alien who stays in Thailand

Just now, TheSwede99 said:

So I didn't file one today or March 2016?

4 minutes ago, TheSwede99 said:

yes they accept it incorrectly like so much else, but it should be TM28.

Guess you know it all good luck with that.How would your landlord even know when you re enter Thailand anyway? I never see mine for months on end normally.

Edited by chang50
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheSwede99 said:

yes they accept it incorrectly like so much else, but it should be TM28.

As a Farang living in a rented house or condo in thailand. You are required on moving into that property to file a TM28 change of address form. You can also act as poseser (not sure about spelling ) and can therefore submit a tm 30 in your name as well.