My experience filing TM30 at Jomtien 17.1.17

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

As a Farang living in a rented house or condo in thailand. You are required on moving into that property to file a TM28 change of address form. You can also act as poseser (not sure about spelling ) and can therefore submit a tm 30 in your name as well. 

And now when re entering Thailand which is the whole point of this thread.

5 minutes ago, chang50 said:

And now when re entering Thailand which is the whole point of this thread.

Yes but not at every office is my point I do not need to unless I change address. In my immigration office went out in Oct last year and late dec/early Jan this year. Did an extension on the 9 or 10th Jan no problem no tm 30 ask for or needed. Asked question re tm 30 when entering again answer no not needed unless you change address.

Edited by Deepinthailand

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes but not at every office is my point I do not need to unless I change address. In my immigration office went out in Oct last year and late dec/early Jan this year. Did an extension on the 9 or 19th Jan no problem no tm 30 ask for or needed. Asked question re tm 30 when entering again answer no not needed unless you change address.

Stay lucky it's probably in the pipeline though.

Yes Jedsada3 is right, TM30 is for the hotel, landlord or owner of the property where you live and TM28 is for alien who stays in Thailand

...or the "house-master", ie the chief possessor of the residence in his capacity as tenant as defined in Section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

What I find very touching is that Immigration needs a Law to support any fines, this is progress, there was a time when the IO word was law.
Some people realise that there is no such word as 'housemaster' in the language and hyphonate it. 'jowbahn' is the householder and it does apply to someone who rents a house. However in law can one person have two titles, Tourist and householder? I was hoping that the lawyer we have might comment on that.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect