Expressions by Thai people that raise my blood pressure:

xerostar

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Completely disagree with this.

If you speak the language you are privy ( unfortunately ) to overhear what they all chat about in normal conversations and everyday life, it's pathetic, like a nation of children....

Some would say 'ignorance is bliss'.

Go home, you sound like you despise Thais.

9 minutes ago, bkkgooner said:

Go home, you sound like you despise Thais.

Despise is a strong word, i would say dislike very much.

I try to avoid the locals as much as possible in my everyday life, dealing with them is hard work.

7 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Despise is a strong word, i would say dislike very much.

I try to avoid the locals as much as possible in my everyday life, dealing with them is hard work.

Funny I'm just the opposite.  First set foot here 1971.  Living here now for almost 3 years.  I steer clear of the farangs as much as possible.  Once you understand the terrain and rules of engagement  Thais are pretty easy to get along with.

Unfortunately to say Thailand is becoming rapidly Westernized would be a gross understatement.  Even up to the late 90s we were really treated like kings here.  Very different ball game now...

On 1/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, impulse said:

One of the first lessons I learned is to never ask until I have looked as hard as I can.  Because once I've asked, and they've said "finished", there's face involved and it's too late to look for myself.  And there's been way too many times when they were wrong.

Ohh your missing prime sport.. 

AFTER they say no not have.. Find the item then bring it to them to check the price.. 

26 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Ohh your missing prime sport.. 

AFTER they say no not have.. Find the item then bring it to them to check the price.. 

My favorite words of wisdom are: "never piss off anyone who can spit in your food"  That works figuratively as well as literally.  

In my company in China, I saw an employee taking revenge in 2001 for something another employee said about her kid in 1985.  That's how long it took to find her nemesis in a vulnerable spot.  

Edit:  BTW, I have nothing against pissing some people off.  But I have to remember that when I do, I can never eat in their place again.  Again, literally and figuratively.

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

My favorite words of wisdom are: "never piss off anyone who can spit in your food"  That works figuratively as well as literally.  

In my company in China, I saw an employee taking revenge in 2001 for something another employee said about her kid in 1985.  That's how long it took to find her nemesis in a vulnerable spot.  

Edit:  BTW, I have nothing against pissing some people off.  But I have to remember that when I do, I can never eat in their place again.  Again, literally and figuratively.

That's kind of my point.  Why "put it in the employee's face" if they are lazy or stupid.  Just seems like a waste of time and an unkind thing to do.  Really stretching it.  If you did make that employee "lose face" in front of all their co workers.  You never know who might want to get a "little payback."

It's a pretty sick world.  Hell one poster earlier in the thread was saying good thing farangs can't own or buy guns in Thailand because he was pissed the store clerk didn't bring him lettuce he knew was there.

Anything can happen.  Never try to deliberately embarrass a Thai.  Playing with fire...

3 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

The expression used in everyday conversation "errr' which denotes agreement.

Sounds dumb.

Probably the only one I agree with in the thread since Thais use it whilst speaking their own language. I tend to be tolerant when someone is not speaking in their mother tongue.

15 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Probably the only one I agree with in the thread since Thais use it whilst speaking their own language. I tend to be tolerant when someone is not speaking in their mother tongue.

It's part of their slang.  Like us saying yeah or sometimes hummm.

"I tend to be tolerant when someone is not speaking in their mother tongue."  What do you mean?

2 hours ago, joeyg said:

Funny I'm just the opposite.  First set foot here 1971.  Living here now for almost 3 years.  I steer clear of the farangs as much as possible.  Once you understand the terrain and rules of engagement  Thais are pretty easy to get along with.

Unfortunately to say Thailand is becoming rapidly Westernized would be a gross understatement.  Even up to the late 90s we were really treated like kings here.  Very different ball game now...

I also try to avoid farangs as much as possible, to be honest i like to spend time alone, much much less hassle than socializing.

I also try to avoid farangs as much as possible, to be honest i like to spend time alone, much much less hassle than socializing.

I find it amuzing when a TV member comes to the forum to express their desire not to be around farang

Oh the irony [emoji23]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, joeyg said:

Another genius 'steering clear of farangs' on a farang forum.  :whistling:

10 hours ago, joeyg said:

The further you get from tourist areas, and the more you deal with people who do not have many dealings with tourists, the friendlier & more traditional it will become..

12 hours ago, mcfish said:

I find it amuzing when a TV member comes to the forum to express their desire not to be around farang

Oh the irony emoji23.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Fortunately this is not real.  Only digital digital signals in cyber space.  That's close enough for me.  

I was looking for a hanging bug zapping thing once. I knew they probably wouldn't understand me so I Googled a pic of one. Went up a girl who was playing with her phone lol. I showed her the pic "don't have" then straight back to her phone. I then Walked down the next ile and they was in there. I went back to the girl what's this then they are just there she looked so angry lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just now, SoiBiker said:

Those signals come from real people, though.

Yes but I use ignore and am able to keep a very safe distance.  I am also getting some realization, gradually, what a complete waste of time it is interacting here in anything other than the Immigration or Buddhist forums.

Archived