Google Finance symbol for Gold to USD?

Hi,

Can anyone update me please? In the past I used XAUUSD as a symbol to lookup latest USD rate for Gold in Google Finance website. Similar to USDTHB fx rate for Thai baht.

** Now the gold symbol doesn't work, hasn't for a couple years? Anyone got the latest symbol to get Gold price in USD from Google finance? Must be Google as my Excel addon uses that - thanks.

7 hours ago, Oxx said:

Google Finance doesn't publish commodity prices.

XAUUSD is the symbol used by Yahoo! Finance.

I'd suggest using a gold ETF as a proxy for the actual gold price.

Thanks for reply. OK, so Google doesn't do it anymore. They used to - I wonder why they stopped?

I have tried Yahoo! finance XAUUSD but for several months that has always for some reason been stuck on 1323USD which is clearly wrong?

Anyone got a way to automatically have am Excel spreadsheet cell display the current gold price USD/oz?

Thnks

I guess I wasn't clear and really wanted to ask peoples suggestions for ways to get spot gold into Excel that works?

I've been using the Excel data "From web" toolbar option for years but recently sources "from a Google search" only give errors or false spot prices. Yahoo! finance being an example of a false price and Kitco source being an example that just doesn't work as an Excel web source (JSON errors in Excel).

I have however found MSN Commodities source seems to work with Excel so I continue with that for now.

Archived