Thai police arrest Czech man wanted for infecting people with HIV

webfact

2 hours ago, johncat1 said:

The only thing the Thai police are interested in is his overstay. So nothing will be done about his deliberate act of spreading HIV, which is actually attempted murder

Also how many of these known 16 partners have had sex with others and infected them   

Will the police charge him with having sex with a 15 year old child ? 

Ughhhhh that would be slightly out of their jurisdiction since the offense happened in the Czech Republic.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 minutes ago, waders123 said:
2 hours ago, bubba1 said:

Exactly why HIV positive people should be prevented from entering Thailand. 

And I suppose all people that are ugly, like alcohol, like purple, like candy, or anything you don't like or approve of should be barred from entering Thailand too?  You sir are a uneducated nincompoop! 

There is a big difference in trying to minimise the spread of a disease by not allowing carriers to travel, and banning people based on some random personal preference.

Not that I would support banning carriers from travel in the first place.

That said the level of education surrounding HIV transmission is astoundingly low.  Some posters seem to think that transmission is so easy that just one encounter with an infected person guarantees infection.

Here are some facts :- 

Probabilities of HIV transmission per exposure to the virus are usually expressed in percentages or as odds. For example, the average risk of contracting HIV through sharing a needle one time with an HIV-positive drug user is 0.67 percent, which can also be stated as 1 in 149 or, using the ratios the CDC prefers, 67 out of 10,000 exposures.

The risk from giving a blowjob to an HIV-positive man not on treatment is at most 1 in 2,500 (or 0.04 percent per act).

The risk of contracting HIV during vaginal penetration, for a woman is 1 per 1,250 exposures (or 0.08 percent); for the man in that scenario, it's 1 per 2,500 exposures (0.04 percent, which is the same as performing fellatio). 

1 hour ago, Gillyflower said:

I wish you would read and understand articles properly.  He was arrested for these crimes on an International Arrest.....That means he committed these crimes elsewhere.  Not in Thailand.  At the moment all the Thai authorities have against him is Overstay.  The only thing they can do is to send him back to wherever they are supposed to.

There is no mention of women, so why would you assume that he is 'bi'?

I agree. Why don't people watch the news or read the newspaper, or whatever before posting? All these ridiculous multiple postings of incorrect information makes the thread 3 times as long as it should be and time consuming to read.

They mentioned he had infected both men and women on both the Czech and the Thai news.

Don't just send him home.......... Lock him up in Thailand for a LOOOONNNNGGG time first Let him suffer) just for the one under age boy who may be ruined for the rest of his life...........................

Just sending him home may be giving him a 'get-out-of-Jail-FREE' card................ They have got him sure on the One 'under age' charge so take advantage of that......

I hope the Bastard lives a miserable life................... Where ever.................

36 minutes ago, seancbk said:

There is a big difference in trying to minimise the spread of a disease by not allowing carriers to travel, and banning people based on some random personal preference.

That said the level of education surrounding HIV transmission is astoundingly low.  Some posters seem to think that transmission is so easy that just one encounter with an infected person guarantees infection.

Probabilities of HIV transmission per exposure to the virus are usually expressed in percentages or as odds. For example, the average risk of contracting HIV through sharing a needle one time with an HIV-positive drug user is 0.67 percent, which can also be stated as 1 in 149 or, using the ratios the CDC prefers, 67 out of 10,000 exposures.

The risk from giving a blowjob to an HIV-positive man not on treatment is at most 1 in 2,500 (or 0.04 percent per act).

The risk of contracting HIV during vaginal penetration, for a woman is 1 per 1,250 exposures (or 0.08 percent); for the man in that scenario, it's 1 per 2,500 exposures (0.04 percent, which is the same as performing fellatio). 

I feel like a doctor now give me my diploma. 

2 hours ago, phycokiller said:

its easy to get upset about one person but HIV would have been eradicated years ago, and still could be,  if governments allowed the public easy access to cheap testing kits instead of allowing the medical industry to monopolize them and put them out of reach of most people

Ah a grain of sense I can now take off my tin foil hat. 

4 hours ago, Oxx said:

The "victims" share a responsibility.  People who have unprotected sex with strangers can expect regularly to pick up sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.

Have you heard yourself for goodness sake maybe the scum bag used a condom which he deliberately split on putting it on. You really need to think before making statements like that.

The risk of male to male HIV transmission rate via unprotected anal sex is 0.83% (from known HIV positive) see:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Estimated-risk-per-exposure/page/1324038/

If this guy has infected 16 men, then statistically, he must have inseminated another 1952 (yes, one thousand nine hundred and fifty two - do the math) other unsuspecting men WITHOUT passing on the infection.  At this rate how could he 'knowingly' infect anybody?

I seem to remember,years ago in real world,that a guy who knowingly spread HIV/AIDS was charged with attempted murder or premeditated attempted murder.I cant remember what country it was.The USA comes to mind. And the op that said HIV people shouldnt be allowed in the country,is,more or less saying that every visitor should have to carry a cerificate stating that the visitor/expat is HIV/AIDS free.Not practical! How would you know,that the person has the viruss' and even if you had a cert' would you get your pp stamped to that effect?In real world,the action would have the Visitor screaming 'Human Rights' and followed by a thousand lawyers wanting to represent him in suing the government.

However i do think that subjecting somebody to what could possibly a life sentence(unless they find a cure,which is a whole new topic on its own as i believe they have found one already)or death,should be punishable.I think he should be punished in his own country,Because this virus is not unique to one country,this is a world wide crime.

57 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I'm sorry but I find this unbelievable and misleading information, like saying the change you get hiv is almost nihil..

so you say that everybody dat give blowjob to 2500 man that are infected and not taking pills will have 1 chance to be effected ? 99 % didnt give blowjob to 2500 man for sure no 2500 infected untreatend ones so nobody will get it,   woman can <deleted> with 1250 man unprotected (man 2500) to have 1 chance to be infected .. ?

in that casse nobody will get infected cause 99 % don't do

If you look around you, I think the chance you get infected when have unprotected sex with untreated hiv person is 60 %

The message should be  Be carefull and always protect,  not  saying the chance you get infected is unbelievable small..

4 hours ago, johncat1 said:

The only thing the Thai police are interested in is his overstay. So nothing will be done about his deliberate act of spreading HIV, which is actually attempted murder

Also how many of these known 16 partners have had sex with others and infected them   

Will the police charge him with having sex with a 15 year old child ? 

What is the age of consent in the country in which he had sex with a Teenager? It varies from 13-20.

22 minutes ago, Incobart said:

I'm sorry but I find this unbelievable and misleading information, like saying the change you get hiv is almost nihil..

so you say that everybody dat give blowjob to 2500 man that are infected and not taking pills will have 1 chance to be effected ? 99 % didnt give blowjob to 2500 man for sure no 2500 infected untreatend ones so nobody will get it,   woman can <deleted> with 1250 man unprotected (man 2500) to have 1 chance to be infected .. ?

in that casse nobody will get infected cause 99 % don't do

If you look around you, I think the chance you get infected when have unprotected sex with untreated hiv person is 60 %

The message should be  Be carefull and always protect,  not  saying the chance you get infected is unbelievable small..

This is data taken from multiple studies and published by the CDC.

What people have to also remember (and perhaps I should have pointed out) is that stats like this are based on a normal distribution.   There will always be what we call the outliers (those events that don't match the statistics.

Your chances of dying in a place crash are not 60% or even 10%, they are a hell of a lot lower ( 1 in 11 million).  Yet tell that to all the people who did die in air crashes.   

Your chance of doing a line of cocaine and dying from sudden cardiac death does exist, it isn't very high, but it is probably higher than catching HIV and yet millions of people enjoy coke and never experience any negative effects.

So yes the numbers are accurate, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the risks.   I was just trying to point out that the risk isn't 100% on each potential exposure (as some people on here seem to believe).

Meanwhile in Thailand ladies are lurking websites like Thaifriendly as prostitutes acting as good girls carrying a menu of disease. Also it is ilegal in Thailand period lol. Pattaya a prostitute was issued a 500 baht fine for infecting a man. Ok his country there issue. I have no remorse. Especially a underage kid. But these Thais beep liar :)

1 minute ago, seancbk said:

This is data taken from multiple studies and published by the CDC.

What people have to also remember (and perhaps I should have pointed out) is that stats like this are based on a normal distribution.   There will always be what we call the outliers (those events that don't match the statistics.

Your chances of dying in a place crash are not 60% or even 10%, they are a hell of a lot lower ( 1 in 11 million).  Yet tell that to all the people who did die in air crashes.   

Your chance of doing a line of cocaine and dying from sudden cardiac death does exist, it isn't very high, but it is probably higher than catching HIV and yet millions of people enjoy coke and never experience any negative effects.

So yes the numbers are accurate, but that doesn't mean you should ignore the risks.   I was just trying to point out that the risk isn't 100% on each potential exposure (as some people on here seem to believe).

This data is accurate and your slightly off. Anal sex is high risk. Many positive people properly medicated never have a high viral load  making it near impossible during sex to pass on. Unless there is blood involved  Thais are really in the dark and will use this opportunity for extortion for sure. Some Thai published it was born in bananas and in a factory can. There crazies. No education supplied by the Thai governments. As usual.

15 minutes ago, performance said:

Meanwhile in Thailand ladies are lurking websites like Thaifriendly as prostitutes acting as good girls carrying a menu of disease. Also it is ilegal in Thailand period lol. Pattaya a prostitute was issued a 500 baht fine for infecting a man. Ok his country there issue. I have no remorse. Especially a underage kid. But these Thais beep liar :)

What is your point here??? 

6 hours ago, damo said:

Whatever he is, he's responsible for destroying 16 lives and who knows how many others. Drown the piece of shit.

Good catch ! . What an a..h....  BTW those who call themselves"Bi" people,  are just  bored by straight sex relations,  giving  way to their pulsions toward  persons of both sex, that means having no limits of good sense and restrain.. simply animals. "bi" is not a genre, just irresponsible and egoistic behaviors encouraged and suggested by the rotten media .. 

Archived