Thai police arrest Czech man wanted for infecting people with HIV

webfact

Expect a crackdown soon. On sex tourists.

Most people who have Hiv are on medication. Most of these cannot transmit the virus.

If he did transmit the virus. Generalized testing wouldn't see results for awhile.

More to this story than we know about.

Another crackpot story....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, sambum said:

"How about parents that feed their kids diets that are likely to lead to diabetes, cancer, and heart disease?"
I bet McDonalds and Burger King don't get much business from you, then! (Me neither -  to be honest, I've seen TV programmes about their food - no thanks!)

"So if that is the same as murder, would people say driving passengers at high speed without seat belts is also the same as murder?"

It is illegal to drive a car, or be a front seat passenger without wearing a seat belt, (In the UK anyway, and I assume most Western countries.) and the onus is on the individual i.e. if you are involved in a serious accident and you (as a driver or passenger) weren't wearing a seat belt - no claim for damages!

However, in both comparisons that you quote, there is a vast difference between them and deliberately infecting somebody with a life threatening disease! 

I don't think having unprotected sex without informing is strictly deliberate infection. Deliberate infection would be more like injection of live virus into the bloodstream. In any case HIV plus people having sex without informing is indeed illegal in some localities globally. Perhaps C. R. is one of them.

Reading the comments I must to say that Jingthing is a very educated person and probably one of the few who think about every point of view before making a comment... and yes I think there is more to know about the news than what is written

13 hours ago, bubba1 said:

Exactly why HIV positive people should be prevented from entering Thailand. 

Er So do you expect everyone to be tested before they arrive on Holiday or have the test at Immigration whilst they are stamping your passport.....

2 hours ago, kaneko86 said:

Reading the comments I must to say that Jingthing is a very educated person and probably one of the few who think about every point of view before making a comment... and yes I think there is more to know about the news than what is written

JT is indeed one of the few people posting in a rational way on this topic. The majority seem to constitute the string 'em up lynch mob. They base their responses on ill informed prejudice and distorted "facts". By tomorrow they'll find someone else to beat with nothing better to do for the day

By your definition ignoring your own responsibility to protect yourself is attempted suicide.
The other issue of underage sex, yes prosecute him without a doubt

Attempted suicide, really? Totally naive, reckless and irresponsible yes. If he told them he was HIV positive then maybe it could be attempted suicide.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

18 hours ago, Kerryd said:

All they are going to do is extradite him back to Czechoslovakia ?!?!?!?!

Hmmm, a quick search reveals that apparently Thailand has few (if any) laws regarding intentionally spreading HIV to unsuspecting partners. If he'd kept his visa current it seems there's nothing they could do !

better they extradite him, if they kept him long in Thai prison, we all be in danger with amnesties every year.

I'm sorry but I find this unbelievable and misleading information, like saying the change you get hiv is almost nihil..
so you say that everybody dat give blowjob to 2500 man that are infected and not taking pills will have 1 chance to be effected ? 99 % didnt give blowjob to 2500 man for sure no 2500 infected untreatend ones so nobody will get it,   woman can with 1250 man unprotected (man 2500) to have 1 chance to be infected .. ?
in that casse nobody will get infected cause 99 % don't do
If you look around you, I think the chance you get infected when have unprotected sex with untreated hiv person is 60 %
The message should be  Be carefull and always protect,  not  saying the chance you get infected is unbelievable small..

Obviously threw a sicky when they taught the law of probabilities then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, sugarcane24 said:

Except that HIV is harmless, if it even exists. It is people who are diagnosed HIV positive with the fake HIV test and then treated with highly toxic antiviral drugs which destroy their immune systems who die (supposedly) of HIV/AIDS. 

I think you forgot your tin foil Hat at home

When two gay men have unprotected sex without discussion of HIV status, an HIV+ individual will often assume that the other person is HIV+ which is why he agrees.  An HIV- individual will assume that the other person is HIV-, which is why he agrees.  Stupid, but it happens a lot.

A failure of communication HIV status prior to rumpy-pumpy is folly, but it's not a crime.

25 minutes ago, Oxx said:

When two gay men have unprotected sex without discussion of HIV status, an HIV+ individual will often assume that the other person is HIV+ which is why he agrees.  An HIV- individual will assume that the other person is HIV-, which is why he agrees.  Stupid, but it happens a lot.

A failure of communication HIV status prior to rumpy-pumpy is folly, but it's not a crime.

Well, yes, that and similar scenarios certainly happen a lot. Personally I don't think it's realistic to have laws saying HIV people must inform all partners. If people are out there having sex, they need to be EDUCATED about the truth, that anyone they have sex MAY be HIV plus and even if they say they aren't, they might either be lying, or more commonly had not had a recent enough test and sincerely think they're OK when they aren't. It's just too messy to get into the blame game unless in case of aggressive infectors. For example if a person deliberately made a cut and then deliberately got fluids in. 

Also not to be underestimated, ALCOHOL (and other less serious drugs) cloud the judgment when horny times come about. 

Another factor especially with younger people is that they may not have experienced a time and place where people were dropping like flies from HIV and  they know it can now be managed by medications. So they're correct it's not the death sentence as it was, but they also tend to underestimate what a serious health problem it actually is, even when managed.

Another more bizarre reason is that some gay men may actually be more or less trying to get infected because they think it's inevitable, they want to get it over with, they don't want to worry about getting it every time they have sex, if they get infected then they are "free" to not worry anymore. Idiotic, yes. themselves. 

Archived