True Love

KC 71

7 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Yh that, the wandering eye, liars - you make mistakes like that your asking for trouble ANYWHERE and strange how it's never anyone's fault but the thai lady. 

Would be refreshing to actually hear from a few who can hold their hands up and be a man about things.

I've screwed many relationships due to partying and alcohol, I would suggest people are unlikely to come forward and admit this if they continue in the same manner. I cut out the heavy drinking when my son was born, yes I think for sure another reason why my wife loves me more. It's not all about money!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, pigeonjake said:

my god there is still some bitter twisted people on the forum,

ive been happy with my life in thailand with my wife and children for years,

look in the farming section our farm keeps us and when i get a call to go to work my wife and the kids run the farm, my wife keeps great books on the farm, 

some on here just cant understand that you can meet a lady have children together and be happy,

no we dont keep the family, infact my wifes parents dont even talk to us now, yes it was about money that they stopped talking to us, that was a great thing to happen, my wife has a lot of cousins and uncles anties who she is very close to, and they agree we are better without her parents in our life,

and yes we have 3 dogs on the farm, a jack russell and 2 soi dogs, big docky is a son of our first soi dog, ive been a dog lover all my life i love dogs and so does my wife and kids, the dogs all fetch sticks for the kids just like any dog in the uk,

we are just starting another project here red claw crayfish, to go along with the rest of the animals we have,

life can be good in thailand, yes you sometimes have to work at it, but you have to do that anywere in the world,

no have a great sunday

True Jake some are sick and twisted. My wife pulled me out of the shit big time and to this day I still have no idea why. We have been together now for 9 years out up in the sticks, have small home kids and are working together for our future, she is a couple of years younger than me and out of all the women I have lived with she is the best by a million miles.

The twisted ones must be the ones that failed, probably not willing to put the effort in.

Got some dogs too and love em to bits.........Love love love and a bit of effort and you might just get there in the end.

Have a nice day, I do every day.

9 hours ago, 473geo said:

You are persistent  in your effort to cover your original faux pas. Unlike you I have no reason to distort the truth, and yes I am patronising in areas where I clearly hold knowledge others have made no effort to discover. There is nothing more to discuss, I do not come onto threads like these to spread falsehood. I have no 'statement' to defend as I tell it how it is, in my life. You can't accept that, then I will never convince you otherwise, does that sound patronising? or the voice of experience from years of debate on Tvisa?

What faux pas?

What truth have I distorted?

How the hell do you know what others have "made no effort to discover".

How do you know that others haven't experienced the "intimate looks" and "basked in the afterglow"?

You didn't ask; you just assumed and proceeded to pompously secrete a load of syrupy BS about "little touches" and "sparkling eyes" as if you're some sort of love Jedi who's awakened to the true nature of the universe.

Mate, it's taken you until the twilight of your life to discover what you call "true love" after, by your own admission, screwing up several relationships with booze and partying.

On a personal level (I can't speak for others but if I want to know, I'll ask them), I didn't have to go through a lifetime of f*** ups and wait until my dotage to experience what you're gushing about like some daft teenager.

Oh and, what's more, I didn't have to come to Thailand and cough up an allowance to do it.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:04 AM, kenk24 said:

Yes. It is true love - - and your experience was real... until its not. 

People change, love changes, life changes... that seems to be the nature of things for all of us.

Bask in the present.

i didnt even see ops story.   How do you peeps know what happened?

On 1/22/2017 at 0:10 AM, geriatrickid said:

You want love?  Then consider a local friend available from one of the many fine, organizations helping our furry friends.  This beautiful girl is Margarita currently of Soidog and she's looking for a home.  The advantage of a cat or dog over a viper is that our furry friends give unconditional love and never ask for money or  have weird affectionate relationships with brothers or cousins who look they are  zapped on yaba.  

Margarita7-thumb.jpg

Give a dog a hug, or a cat a caress and your day will be great and your worries soothed, such is their healing power.

Very few couples remain genuinely happily married throughout their lives.

I can only think of three couples that I personally know/knew that have been genuinely, happily married for more than 20 years.  Obviously they've been through their share of problems/arguments - but the way they always put each other first made it clear that even after that length of time, it was true love .

Dogs on the other hand - its pretty much guaranteed that the dog and 'owner' will genuinely love each other throughout their lives, depending of course on the 'owner'....

Over a decade and counting with the Mrs. It didn't happen right off the plane but it did happen and I wouldn't change a thing. She's a great lady with a loving and caring heart. She adapted to the US quite easily and became a citizen! The heartbreak stories on here are numerous because most of us that have happy relationships have no real need to post about it all that much opposed to those looking for a shoulder to cry on. Just be careful. As in all countries there are good and bad people and you are definitely at a disadvantage when you are over there. The Thai ladies do have their charm and know how to use it to get what they want! Just make sure what they want is what you want! The right one is out there if you don't go headlong into it, take your time and don't let your groin do the thinking for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Whether 'true love' exists is an individual opinion. Is there such a thing as 'love' or is it purely language. Of course, you feel some sort of closeness to some people more than others. Is that just the amount of time you spend with them though or is it love? Regardless of your definitions of 'true love', what can happen is that you find someone that you want to be next to as you feel more comfortable next to them than anyone else. Comes down to your partner being your best friend I guess, a best friend you're physically attracted to also. Could be that they understand you better so the two of you click better. Could even be something as boring as your work schedules fit better (for example, many police officers date other police officers due to shift work not allowing outside work relationships). Every single person has different reasoning/definitions of relationships, and I think to put this banner up of 'true love', will make it incredibly difficult to ever be happy. Very few people tick every single box, and remember we are all a lot more difficult to live with than we think. So just find someone that you can see yourself living with, have patience with, will fight for each other in different situations, show some sort of care in whatever language you show care in, and above all; feel completely comfortable with. 

If you come to Thailand with the pessimistic thought process that all Thai girls want something off you, then that is exactly the type of girls you'll end up with. Or if you come looking for 'true love' in undesirable places then you also end up with your tail between your legs. Contrary to popular belief you can find many respectable, honest, faithful and hard working Thai girls. Thailand, on the most part has moved past the times where women don't have a choice and must stay at home looking after the kids or on the farm....Things such as education, maternity leave and nurseries do exist in the country. So if you are of the belief there is a 'true love' and it cant be based around money then it can work for you. Some people's language is money, so it can also work for them too if that's there thing....all individual. IF you put yourself in a position where you will get eaten up, then that's just you're own stupid fault and tough luck. My wife provides me with a car and pays 100% of the homeloan as she knows I don't legally own the house.  So you must come to other arrangements to counter the legalities of things that you may miss out on. Respectable, honest, faithful, hard working...all qualities that do exist in Thai.

On 25/01/2017 at 9:50 AM, KC 71 said:

I would like to apologise for my rudeness the other day
I was just asking for feedback on my post
And when i received negative feedback my anger got the better of me !
Sorry about that

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It's too late for that my old china. I have lost face as have many here. NOW YOU PAY - Again!

Issan

The Cleaners

"Sometimes we meet a few bad people along the way so that we'll better appreciate the good ones"

Forget what you lost, enjoy what you have. 

I love every evening when I can watch the sun set with Mrs djayz and a delicious, homemade dinner washed down with a few beer Changs. All I've lost in the past is washed away, forgotten. 

I've made a few mistakes along the way, none which I regret, but they've all made me what I am today. 

Chin up, find something you love and focus on it. All will be good in the end. 

Edited by djayz

On 1/25/2017 at 7:33 AM, wildewillie89 said:

Whether 'true love' exists is an individual opinion. Is there such a thing as 'love' or is it purely language. Of course, you feel some sort of closeness to some people more than others. Is that just the amount of time you spend with them though or is it love? Regardless of your definitions of 'true love', what can happen is that you find someone that you want to be next to as you feel more comfortable next to them than anyone else. Comes down to your partner being your best friend I guess, a best friend you're physically attracted to also. Could be that they understand you better so the two of you click better. Could even be something as boring as your work schedules fit better (for example, many police officers date other police officers due to shift work not allowing outside work relationships). Every single person has different reasoning/definitions of relationships, and I think to put this banner up of 'true love', will make it incredibly difficult to ever be happy. Very few people tick every single box, and remember we are all a lot more difficult to live with than we think. So just find someone that you can see yourself living with, have patience with, will fight for each other in different situations, show some sort of care in whatever language you show care in, and above all; feel completely comfortable with. 

If you come to Thailand with the pessimistic thought process that all Thai girls want something off you, then that is exactly the type of girls you'll end up with. Or if you come looking for 'true love' in undesirable places then you also end up with your tail between your legs. Contrary to popular belief you can find many respectable, honest, faithful and hard working Thai girls. Thailand, on the most part has moved past the times where women don't have a choice and must stay at home looking after the kids or on the farm....Things such as education, maternity leave and nurseries do exist in the country. So if you are of the belief there is a 'true love' and it cant be based around money then it can work for you. Some people's language is money, so it can also work for them too if that's there thing....all individual. IF you put yourself in a position where you will get eaten up, then that's just you're own stupid fault and tough luck. My wife provides me with a car and pays 100% of the homeloan as she knows I don't legally own the house.  So you must come to other arrangements to counter the legalities of things that you may miss out on. Respectable, honest, faithful, hard working...all qualities that do exist in Thai.

You should be embarrassed to have someone provide for you who has so much less earning potential than you ! If it is true of course.

On 1/28/2017 at 2:18 AM, rogeroc said:

You should be embarrassed to have someone provide for you who has so much less earning potential than you ! If it is true of course.

Embarrassed...why? I also work. Before i was working 7 days a week, and now i have dropped down to 6 days a week with the addition of our child. Legally, as we all know, I am not entitled to the house in the case shit hits the fan. Even though she has said and is quite happy to put it in writing and we continue other monetary arrangements to make it equal. So why would I be embarrassed that I am not putting into the home loan, when legally I am not entitled to any of the house. I naturally put into the interior, landscaping, bills etc, as i do live in the house. The government pays a third of our home loan anyway due to her work. 

The wife of the head of the district office once said to us, she knows what I gave up to come and live in Thailand (first world to third world), and seeing as you have a good job, you should not expect him to work at all. I, naturally, do not follow that line of thinking, so I work...

Yes, I have much more earning potential in my country...but what is the point of me living there and my family living here in Thai? No Thai actually wants to live overseas if they have a good job here. I used to be a big part of the Thai community in Melbourne, and when my partner came to visit for holiday, they all asked why she isn't living here. She told them her job, and they said we wouldn't be living here also. Most people if have the choice would choose their home country to live. 

Why wouldn't it be true? What kind of people do you hang out with here? Most of my friends are either government officials or business owners in Thai, and of course I have friends who work all sorts of jobs as cashiers, secretaries etc. The business owners are naturally on a shit load more than me (whether i live Thai or Melbourne). The official's salary is almost equal to that of a farang teacher who works for an agency (the job most foreigners work as here), depending on the official's level (if a high level it is actually a lot more). With that they get the free medical, free education for their kids, low interest, no corruption money...which was handy for us going through a birth/stay in private room, my appendix surgery, my dog bite, various visas/housing papers, and my children's education until they have finished their bachelor.

If it makes you feel even better when we both retire, I most likely will not be entitled to a pension from my country as I have lived overseas since i was 26, so I will be living off her retirement payout and pension that she is entitled to. Something we are both very aware off and why we are working hard now to set a good life up for our children. 

Edited by wildewillie89

On 1/27/2017 at 7:18 PM, rogeroc said:

Rubbish

He might have greater earning potential in his country but probably not in Thailand.

The guy appears to have sorted his shit well.