BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SoiBiker

If you were in charge of immigration...

...who would you let in? And who would you keep out? What sort of people do you think Thailand needs more of? Who can it do without?

With regards to tourists, I think Thailand is fine the way it is. But if they want "better" ones, then I'd suggest starting with the infrastructure and road safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Expect to get a blasting for this but if governments can prevent people transporting certain food items into a country or animals then why not a contaminated human who has a disease? 

7 hours ago, eldragon said:

With regards to tourists, I think Thailand is fine the way it is. But if they want "better" ones, then I'd suggest starting with the infrastructure and road safety.

Yes but then all the whinging sexpats would be complaining even more than they already do about the Singaporization of Bangkok and the demise of the 500 baht long time.

"Oh, the tiny beer bar where little Lek used to dish out a wipe down with a cold towel and a sneaky tug under the counter for 200 baht has turned into a poncy deli".

I would only let in people who could supply a form confirming no jail time in their home country.

I would not let in anyone from Islamic countries. I would do more to help the underfifties who do not want to get married.

Make it easier for younger people to stay here long term.

Those who are not married to Thai, no Thai children, under 50 and don't work for Thai company.

Make some kind of 'digital nomad' visa where proof of funds and insurance was a requirement.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Make it easier for younger people to stay here long term.

Those who are not married to Thai, no Thai children, under 50 and don't work for Thai company.

Make some kind of 'digital nomad' visa where proof of funds and insurance was a requirement.

It's called Thailand Elite

17 minutes ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

It's called Thailand Elite

And that visa lets you work does it?

12 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

And that visa lets you work does it?

The sole working criteria was "digital nomad". My view is that if you keep your door shut and your mouth shut (ie. no boasting) you can do as you please. Keeping the law is only ever one of the options, and subject as always to a risk assessment about the likelihood of getting caught, something too many people don't consider

The Thai perspective on immigration is complete nonsense compared just about every other country in Asia.  Other countries do not complain about foreigners the way Thailand does.  They just seem to be able to carry on. 

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

The Thai perspective on immigration is complete nonsense compared just about every other country in Asia.  Other countries do not complain about foreigners the way Thailand does.  They just seem to be able to carry on. 

in which way does "Thailand" complain about foreigners?  :huh:

Sack the current staff. Outsource to a competent company who understand customer service on a yearly contract with weekly key performance measures.

why not start with the ones that are already here,the disabled and the over 70's.who are being treated no different than thai criminals.

in fact do they have to report where they are every 90days,and with who and where they are if away for a few days.