If you were in charge of immigration...

SoiBiker

On 1/22/2017 at 8:38 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Beacuse what does an 18 year old know what life skills has he got. Wouldn't stand much of a chance in thailand. Imo of course. And 40 was a typo 50 is what I meant as it is now.

That's an irrelevant response.  We are talking about financial sustenance not life lessons.  If they have the funds to never work again why do you care what they do?  If they fail to succeed on the funds they have and do not work illegally then nature will weed them out and they will be on the next flight home.  It is simply age discrimination or jealousy that would prevent an 18 year old from retiring if they meet the same financial requirement as the people of the current retirement age.  50 is the current requirement age, so what you are saying is you like the number as it stands now.  What you are also saying is that someone who is 49 is as equally unqualified as an 18 year old.  Right?  Doesn't make much sense when you read it out loud right?  That's how you know it's discrimination.  If you say "you can't have the job (or the house or the loan or the retirement visa) because you are black (or old or an adult but too young or a woman or gay or in a wheel chair) and you feel dirty when you say it THAT'S DISCRIMINATION.  No logical person will agree with your argument if your argument fails to hold up to this criteria.  If you can carry a gun for your country then you should be considered an adult man or women and be entitled to all the things of an adult of any age (short of social security payments).

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

That's an irrelevant response.  We are talking about financial sustenance not life lessons.  If they have the funds to never work again why do you care what they do?  If they fail to succeed on the funds they have and do not work illegally then nature will weed them out and they will be on the next flight home.  It is simply age discrimination or jealousy that would prevent an 18 year old from retiring if they meet the same financial requirement as the people of the current retirement age.  50 is the current requirement age, so what you are saying is you like the number as it stands now.  What you are also saying is that someone who is 49 is as equally unqualified as an 18 year old.  Right?  Doesn't make much sense when you read it out loud right?  That's how you know it's discrimination.  If you say "you can't have the job (or the house or the loan or the retirement visa) because you are black (or old or an adult but too young or a woman or gay or in a wheel chair) and you feel dirty when you say it THAT'S DISCRIMINATION.  No logical person will agree with your argument if your argument fails to hold up to this criteria.  If you can carry a gun for your country then you should be considered an adult man or women and be entitled to all the things of an adult of any age (short of social security payments).

You belive it's irrelevant if you require to me I will stand by the response I gave. It's not discrimination at all. The law states children at 15 are legally allowed to take the relevent tests to ride motor bike. So is it discrimination that a 14 yr 9 mth old can't.  NO. You cannot pick and choose what you describe as discrimination. 50 is in my opinion is the right age.

1 hour ago, Deepinthailand said:

You belive it's irrelevant if you require to me I will stand by the response I gave. It's not discrimination at all. The law states children at 15 are legally allowed to take the relevent tests to ride motor bike. So is it discrimination that a 14 yr 9 mth old can't.  NO. You cannot pick and choose what you describe as discrimination. 50 is in my opinion is the right age.

Ok, again, irrelevant.  We are discussing adult ages.  Been said many times.  Please try to keep up and don't post moot nonsense like motorbike testing ages in a third world country.  Explain to me how any adult is different from another adult then we can talk.  You can't don't bother.  You are wrong.  I know it, you know it and everyone reading your nonsense knows it. 

9 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Ok, again, irrelevant.  We are discussing adult ages.  Been said many times.  Please try to keep up and don't post moot nonsense like motorbike testing ages in a third world country.  Explain to me how any adult is different from another adult then we can talk.  You can't don't bother.  You are wrong.  I know it, you know it and everyone reading your nonsense knows it. 

Whatever I have relevent things to do now so run along please.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:00 PM, Deepinthailand said:

Whatever I have relevent things to do now so run along please.

Pretty sure you are the one that ran away when you realized it was impossible to defend your irrational thinking.  I welcome a valid explanation to why a 50 year old is entitled to retire in your brain but a 49 year old is not.  I think I'll be waiting along time.

16 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

Pretty sure you are the one that ran away when you realized it was impossible to defend your irrational thinking.  I welcome a valid explanation to why a 50 year old is entitled to retire in your brain but a 49 year old is not.  I think I'll be waiting along time.

Especially when some pensions payout @40 :)

Archived