"You've got the wrong guy!" - humble Krabi hotel worker has to go to Bangkok after being implicated in police exam scandal

webfact

"You've got the wrong guy!" - humble Krabi hotel worker has to go to Bangkok after being implicated in police exam scandal

4a.jpg

Picture: Thairath

KRABI: -- A humble young Ao Nang hotel employee had to go to Bangkok after being summonsed for involvement in the ongoing police entrance exam scandal.

Twenty one year old Rattaphon Pinyo told police investigators at the Pahonyothin station in the capital they had entirely got the wrong man, reports Thairath.

He had had to borrow money from relatives to make the long journey.

He told the cops he was just a hotel employee in Ao Nang and had just finished P6 (year seven) of primary school. He didn't have a clue why he had been called in.

Now his relatives who said they handed over 12,000 baht so he could make the journey are appealing to the government watchdog and help center Damrongtham to clear his name.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-01-19

3 hours ago, chakatee said:

nice of them not to let him go by bus but to have him make this trip flying business class and staying at a nice hotel

The snide remark against Thais I find inappropriate.

He hired a van, so I guess he went with some friends/relatives and probably stayed in cheap hotels.

Thais do not do travelling alone.

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

12,000 baht?

Rented a limo, did he?

Or maybe a journalistic mistake, the sum being 1200 baht?

Really! Krabi-BKK and BKK-Krabi for 1200 bath? Can´t even do that without eating.
Him and maby two more friends. Just that would sum up to a minimum of 5000-6000 bath just go and back.
The only misstake here is yours!

19 minutes ago, sanukjim said:

12,000 baht for a 300 baht travel ?

Please tell me where you have thoose tickets. Wanna go to Krabi! Is there more people want to go? LOL

I know you can go with third class train as a Thai for almost nothing, and only some buses in Bangkok, but in reality there is not many people want to travel like that.
If he did maybe the people gave him the money wanted him to have extra if he would need some legal help. You just posed a very strange question, or remark. Just don´t know how to take it.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Please tell me where you have thoose tickets. Wanna go to Krabi! Is there more people want to go? LOL

Go with the P1 bus, cheapest available or pay 500 for P2 if you want to pee too.

800 for the VIP bus.

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

Go with the P1 bus, cheapest available or pay 500 for P2 if you want to pee too.

800 for the VIP bus.

800 for the VIP-bus from Krabi to BKK? Did you just miss that you were on an island out in the water. Amfi-bus? As I said too. Thai´s do not travel alone. If we go with your idea. Let´s say VIP bus and of course a ferry.
1000 a person. 3 people go and back. Already 6000 bath. Hotel one night minimum. Eating two or 3 time a day. Where do we stand then? 12000 bath is not much. That´s just reality. 

18 minutes ago, Get Real said:

800 for the VIP-bus from Krabi to BKK? Did you just miss that you were on an island out in the water. Amfi-bus? As I said too. Thai´s do not travel alone. If we go with your idea. Let´s say VIP bus and of course a ferry.
1000 a person. 3 people go and back. Already 6000 bath. Hotel one night minimum. Eating two or 3 time a day. Where do we stand then? 12000 bath is not much. That´s just reality. 

It may have been raining a lot in the south, but Krabi is still firmly attached to the mainland (except Phi Phi)

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

I live on Samui and regularly take the bus to BKK.

Here's price list for P1 and P2 including ferry.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/2014-12-16-07-24-57/ตารางเวลาเดินรถ/item/255-ตารางเวลาการเดินรถภาคใต้-time-table-south.html

Sombat tours.

http://www.sombattour.com/en/schedule.html

This is the Thai way to travel, off course you must know basic Thai on these buses.

If there are only foreigners on your bus you probably pay double for half the comfort. :wink:

The ticket includes two meals on the way.

A poor Thai will sleep in the bus terminal.

so 1.200, is more accurate than 12.000

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Are you talking about money laundering ???  The currency here is Baht! :emot-kiss:

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

I live on Samui and regularly take the bus to BKK.

Here's price list for P1 and P2 including ferry.

http://home.transport.co.th/index.php/th/2014-12-16-07-24-57/ตารางเวลาเดินรถ/item/255-ตารางเวลาการเดินรถภาคใต้-time-table-south.html

Sombat tours.

http://www.sombattour.com/en/schedule.html

This is the Thai way to travel, off course you must know basic Thai on these buses.

If there are only foreigners on your bus you probably pay double for half the comfort. :wink:

The ticket includes two meals on the way.

A poor Thai will sleep in the bus terminal.

so 1.200, is more accurate than 12.000

Thanks, I am already well aware of the Thai way to travel after 16 years in this beautiful country. One thing is that you definitely not need to know any Thai at all to use the way of travel as you describe,
and there is still no double fare for half the comfort. Just something made up by you to try making Thai´s and Thailand look in a certain way again.

Let say that 1500 is ok per person just to let you understand the situation. As before Thai´s with a problem like this do not travel alone. Means a minumum amount of 2 people more. That will sum up to 4500 bath. As their family and friends do not want them to sleep in the busstation it will be extra around 500 bath for one night. Here you also have to add the small trips with maby a taxi or skytrain within BKK, instead of being the one to start talk about the 8 bath bus that everybody can take. Said before they also have to eat. As I try to say 12000 bath is nothing, and also maybe the relatives and friend want to put them on the safe side regarding money.

The discussion however is totally irrelevant, due to that the main point is that a person that work in a hotel in Krabi, has to collect extra money to be heard about involvment in something they appearently not can be involved with.

Archived