Fujifilm XT2

On 28/01/2017 at 5:14 PM, jphasia said:

As I am in Phuket today (travelling a lot but based in Phuket), we had to go to Central Festival and as we passed near a camera shop (Big camera), we entered and had a look inside. My wife started of course to look at the XT2, then the Olympus OMD 1 Mark II (which was recommended by the seller guy) She has a preference for the Olympus, especially to handle it.
When we were on our way back home in the car, she told me that after re-considering, if she would buy a camera, she will probably go for the Olympus.
I guess that give me a better idea on what to choose for her, in addition to your recommendation. Her birthday is in May, so i still have time to see if she change her mind.
The olympus price was about 76,000 THB body only and 103,000 THB with a lens (12-40 I think) in the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your girlfriend has impeccable taste!
I have had my EM1 II for more than a month and it impresses me more every time I use it. So much capability, speed and fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Your girlfriend has impeccable taste!
I have had my EM1 II for more than a month and it impresses me more every time I use it. So much capability, speed and fun.

Just to feedback here from my initial post. I did not wait for her birthday in May because she has been very impressed and checked already a lot of review on internet and the others reasons is that i was on vacation for a week and as we always going on trip, I thought if she had the camera now, would be great.
So I bought the EM1 II in advance for her birthday and also valentine day as we also celebrating our 11 years together these days.
So far, since less than a week she has it, and already done more than 1,000 photos, she is very impressed and enjoy it.
I might post few of her photos here later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pro Capture mode is fun. You can catch insects as they take off, bursting balloons etc. etc.

31703019404_05da96a4bd_b.jpgEM125672 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

31522200771_734c1cf44b_b.jpgEM122250 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

The Hi-res mode takes 8 images and combines them into an 80megapixel image; loads of detail! (Not so evident when reduced for web of course).

31730335422_4318d779e3_b.jpgEM126762 by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Great tracking of moving objects:
32277197736_6f37cddd06_b.jpgEM124333s by Spike Tennyson, on Flickr

Loads of fun! Hope she enjoys it.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, dddave said:

Is the location close to the Robinsons near Sephan Taksin?

Yes. Turn left onto the road from the skytrain, heading towards Robinsons. and AV Camera is in the first little soi on the left, facing onto the side of Robinsons.

• 8 months later...

I had the X-Pro 2 and the XT-2.  One huge difference for me was the tilting screen on the XT-2.  It is fantastic as at my age (55) I do not feel like lieing down to get shots, etc.,  With this camera I can shoot with a table top tripod (always in my bag) and see what I am getting.  I would advise you to get extra batteries and a shutter release as well.  They help immensely in doing some fun types of shots and are very light and easy to carry.  My current favorite table top tripod is made by really right stuff -- those are the only tripods I use and they are fantastic.  B&H Photo out of New York carries them and the camera.  Also remember to order the base plate.  If you have any questions, let me know.  One great thing about the Fuji system is that it is small.  I used to be sponsored by Canon and the large lenses and cameras actually scared people when I was photographing in VN.  Favorite lens Fuji makes:   16mm 1.4, 35 1.4 and the 550-140 2.8.  That should be enough for anyone.  

• 3 months later...

So as the original poster, i am posting here:
As said earlier, i bought a Olympus E MD1 mark 2 to my wife last year. She has been very happy with it and made a lot of photos with it. I have been using it myself too but as I said, i was originaly less interested about photos than my wife but as soon as i started to play with the camera, a passion came and i started to make more and more photos.
What happen is as we are travelling a lot especially during weekends, we were sharing the EMD M1 together to try and compare our best shots and really enjoyed it...
The only negative point if this camera for my wife was that originally, she was looking for a small camera, more compact for the ease to carry everywhere. At the end, the EMD M1 is still big and closer size to the previous Nikon DSLR that we had.
So we both agreed to look for another camera smaller size and we went for Olympus EMD M10 Mark 2. My wife is very happy with it, she can easily carry it always in her handbag and it produce great photos too. As both camera Olympus, we can also share easily the lenses when we are together.
As for me, the EMD M1 fit me well as i always carry a small bag pack.
I started then to become more and more interested about photography and doing a lot a photos. It has became for me a real hobby. I started to play with all camera functions, pro-capture..., learned by myself with online tutorials. I even subscribed to Adobe creative suite and use lightroom and photoshop. I am far to be a professional photographer but i really enjoy it and spend most of free time with the camera and the photos.
As for the lenses, i am using the original lense of the camera M.Zuiko ED 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro and I also purchased M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO. The latest for me having the only inconvenient to be bit heavy.
I am doing essentially landscape, sunrise sunsets photos and i am now considering to purchase a more specific lens for this purpose even if i believe the lenses i already have are doing a great job.
I have looking and considering to buy M.Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO.
I would like to get the opinion from you about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jphasia said:

So as the original poster, i am posting here:
As said earlier, i bought a Olympus E MD1 mark 2 to my wife last year. She has been very happy with it and made a lot of photos with it. I have been using it myself too but as I said, i was originaly less interested about photos than my wife but as soon as i started to play with the camera, a passion came and i started to make more and more photos.
What happen is as we are travelling a lot especially during weekends, we were sharing the EMD M1 together to try and compare our best shots and really enjoyed it...
The only negative point if this camera for my wife was that originally, she was looking for a small camera, more compact for the ease to carry everywhere. At the end, the EMD M1 is still big and closer size to the previous Nikon DSLR that we had.
So we both agreed to look for another camera smaller size and we went for Olympus EMD M10 Mark 2. My wife is very happy with it, she can easily carry it always in her handbag and it produce great photos too. As both camera Olympus, we can also share easily the lenses when we are together.
As for me, the EMD M1 fit me well as i always carry a small bag pack.
I started then to become more and more interested about photography and doing a lot a photos. It has became for me a real hobby. I started to play with all camera functions, pro-capture..., learned by myself with online tutorials. I even subscribed to Adobe creative suite and use lightroom and photoshop. I am far to be a professional photographer but i really enjoy it and spend most of free time with the camera and the photos.
As for the lenses, i am using the original lense of the camera M.Zuiko ED 12-40mm f/2.8 Pro and I also purchased M.Zuiko ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO. The latest for me having the only inconvenient to be bit heavy.
I am doing essentially landscape, sunrise sunsets photos and i am now considering to purchase a more specific lens for this purpose even if i believe the lenses i already have are doing a great job.
I have looking and considering to buy M.Zuiko 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO.
I would like to get the opinion from you about it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

It's as good as the Pro lenses you already have. Don't go for the Panasonic option, it produces purple flare on Olympus bodies.

35 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Fuji xh-1 has been released to great reviews. Like to know when available in Thailand and where. Hopefully the perfect backup for me although I don't do many videos so ibis not critical. 

Keep watching the AVCamera website; they get new models before any other outlet in Thailand.

Archived