Consular Letter

Another new bombshell from the British Embassy! The Proof of Income letter provided by the Consular Section in order to acquire a "Retirement" Visa has always had to be paid for by means of a Postal Draft from the Post Office. Now they say that it has to be paid for for by Credit Card! Most of us know that transactions using  Credit Cards in this country are often problematic - even when the Credit Card is perfectly valid, so why have they changed what was a perfectly simple system? After all, you have to go to the Post Office to send your application anyway! 

It has been that way for several months and has been discussed before.

They accept credit or debit cards not just credit cards.

Edit: Change my first statement to over a year.

From webpage update list.

30 November 2015 4:03am

Added Credit card authorisation form and revised Pension form

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has been that way for several months and has been discussed before.

They accept credit or debit cards not just credit cards.

Sorry - I didn't realise that it had been discussed before.

However, from the latest application form (Dated 6 December 2016) :-

"Payment Options Credit Card Payment will be taken in GBP. Complete the Credit Card Authorisation Form We will provide your letter within 10 working days." 

(Where do you find the "Credit Card Authorisation Form"?)

However, I note that further down they state:-

"Note: Please get in touch with us, if you want to discuss the alternative payment option." (Which I presume may be by Debit Card)

Edited by sambum

You can download the application and credit card forms here.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

Edit: The debit card is mentioned on the credit card form.

You can arrange to pay by money order but you have to contact them first to obtain the amount to be be paid based upon the current exchange rate they use.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 1

agree as one poster has pointed out been this way for some time now

but i also agree why change what seemed to be a perfectly  ok system , applied for my letter about 4 months  got rejected   with 2 Thai  bank debit cards  they suggested i use bankers order did that,  but oh dear me wrong  bankers draft  i did get my letter so i do not know which method they used  no withdrawal from my bank  so i guess they found the bankers draft was ok  just two weeks later  a mate of applied     via the postal order channel    blow me 4 days later letter completed  and returned  i hope it is not a repeat of  the 90 day online system

OR COME TO THAT  THE OTHER DEFUNCT MTHOD OF REPORTING PROFF OF RESIDENCE  ?ADDRESS

Edited by Lamkyong
  • Like 1