BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

"ASEAN's most wanted drug lord" taken down at Bangkok airport

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

A non-suspended sentence, huge fine and asset seizure is more common for serious drug offences of this magnitude.

Asset seizure...? What...? I don't think so, he lives in Laos.

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Great headline....but really, that's all it is, as there are plenty of others out there just the same as this guy!

Flavor of the day. Cameras action roll em. This story will soon disappear never to resurface till some time in the future in the wash rinse cycle. These guys are a catch and release in a never ending circle. 

last night i watched a movie called ,operation Mekong.A true story about the taking down of a Golden triangle

drug lord.

These guys seem to think they are untouchable but I am sure those days are over.

This will make yet another (in)famous and interesting Thai soap opera. Too bad he didn't get that last martini; out of jail that is.

I was walking through the airport just immediately after they had taken the guys down almost in front of Burger King where I was heading. It was pretty hardcore, 2 dudes exhausted from resisting arrest, "I'm f*cked..." written all over their faces, throngs of police, airport security and TV cameras. Nonetheless I pushed my cart through the crowd, as I was pretty hungry.

“He’s the biggest drug lord in Isaan,” Suppakit said.
Here's a photo of cartel bosses mansion in Buri Ram.

1484904066879.jpg.c4f05ffc5767ef47cf8f9c

4 hours ago, trogers said:

No known conviction...

A fine and suspended sentence is the common for Thailand.

Don't imprison him here, send him to the Philippines!

5 hours ago, trogers said:

No known conviction...

A fine and suspended sentence is the common for Thailand.

Says an unsuspecting

Philippines for sure, a mates bil was bought out of the can about 4 years after commiting 3/4murders among other things, apparently a real ***t and last week he was laying on the floor watching tv and 3 blokes from the hit squad walked in pumped 21 shots in the head and walked out, never said boo, apparently anyone that has paid for their realise from prison is being done in also when they find them

now a power vaccum arises soon this gap will be filled....there is too much money in this business...when ganja was legalized in parts of the usa the mafia and the crime vanished as prices came down and government reveive taxes ...

4 hours ago, Morakot said:

"was apprehended by a force of 100 drugs suppression officers"

Over the top or shooting fish in a barrel?

LOL, yeah ... well, personnally I have a hard time believing that the biggest drug lord in the area is Laotian ...

What I do believe is that he could be among the biggest of the small fish, somehow sacrificed for PR or internal motives.

5 hours ago, DLang said:

I hope they actually have some evidence against him.

Yes, beaten out confessions of 50 random people.... if you read between the lines in this article.

3 hours ago, zorro1 said:

10 cops can become easily ambushed by his team of thugs if he is indeed a drug lord or did you expect a starsky and hutch duo to take to take him down? emoji108.png

Ahh... "drug lord" = ambush.

Now where did I see this on TV? Or is this official propaganda about those successful large-scale business operations with contraband?