hydro/aquaponic gardening

Scott

Ok thanks. And thanks for posting. Got to try with my computer.

Ordered a couple of 1000 L fish tanks, modified for Aquaponics, and 4 growth beds awhile ago. Getting made up now in Sumutprakarn. Probably be awhile before I get the shed built.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Hmmm click to download, then open with word works here. how are you trying to get them ? word 2007 and newer will open them and also google docs can read them.

Worked this time. Pdf. I'll have to repay you in fresh fish.....if you can wait a bit. Thanks again.[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

I dont know about wholesale prices. I buy from http://www.higreenshop.com/category in BKK there are other hydro stores there too. https://www.chemipan.com/i/en/a1/  was in another topic they have some chemicals used in hydroponics but I havent had time to compare prices.

How about Wesco, I've seen them mentioned several times by Rice555.
I'd like to buy in bulk as I'm currently in Cambodia. Therefore, it'd be better with the lowest possible rate.
P.S: I look into Wesco, and they seem to have all of the Macro and Micro hydro nutrients.

Thank you for always giving more and more choices.

As, in Cambodia, it's really hard to find all fertillizers especially for water soluble hydroponically. Or, maybe I miss something here.

Alternate choices, it is to source from the neighbor countries like Thailand or Vietnam. Or, maybe China.

I doubt I could find any affordable fertilizers here with reasonable price as most sellers are also importing.

Most agri companies are only specialized on specific fertilizers and mostly for the soil. It's really really rare here to find complete hydroponics sets of fertilizers. That's why I need to source it myself.

5 hours ago, lajame said:

Thank you for always giving more and more choices.

As, in Cambodia, it's really hard to find all fertillizers especially for water soluble hydroponically. Or, maybe I miss something here.

Alternate choices, it is to source from the neighbor countries like Thailand or Vietnam. Or, maybe China.

I doubt I could find any affordable fertilizers here with reasonable price as most sellers are also importing.

Most agri companies are only specialized on specific fertilizers and mostly for the soil. It's really really rare here to find complete hydroponics sets of fertilizers. That's why I need to source it myself.

Hello All, have you weighed and mixed your own nutes before?  How much will you

be using a month? Greens, melons of the nightshade family? How far from a large

Thai border crossing? MESCO has all the things you you need. I don't know if they

have a freight forwarder/shipper, but if you can arrange for it to be sent to a border

crossing and pick it up and take it back across your self, it would be some to ask

them. I don't know how Cam is on Import tax/duties??

If your going to use a 1,000 L of mixed nutrients every week or two, DIY is the best

way to go. They may also be able to tell you if the have a Co. they supply in Cam.

rice555

• Like 1

Hi @rice555,

I'm currently weighting and mixing my own nutes. I do it a bit small now, but researching first hand because I'm planning to scale.
Currently, I'm using about 100L of nutes per week. I'm planting leafy veggies, and willing to add fruity types, too.
For forwarder, it's easier as I already had one to forward from Thailand into Cambodia with any documents prepared.
My main concern is the nutes supplier if I'm going to scale because it's damn expensive here.
That's why I need to find a solution with this.

And, I also need lots of Nitric Acid for Ph Down, too. It'd be great if anyone could suggest.

Thank you!

67 (1).jpg

67 (2).jpg

67 (3).jpg

Edited by lajame
  • Like 1

@Hereinthailand you're a life-saver for me, always give good choices. Does Haifa Group sale to individual? Do they have all the elements of Hydroponics nutes?
Just to make sure before contacting them.

I've searched sufuric acid uses for pH down. It seems to be the best for the big use to save lots of bucks. But, it seems to have many controversies regarding the usage of it in Hydroponics. Do you think it's alright to use it?

Thank you!

Ive never used haifa, but i would use a company name to contact them, it could be anything like Khmer hydroponics. The only complaiints I have read about using sulfuric is the smell when mixing it down to use for ph adjustment. Acid is acid when you get down to it. Haifa is a large multi national supplier with pre-mix and individual fertilizers. If you look under products-plant nutrition-water soluable you will see alll their choices. The good thing is you are prob getting much higher grade fertilizers than what we buy in small amounts here from a store.

• Like 1

Hello All, WESCO is an International Co. if I read it right, if so,

the also have offices in SQ and VN. I've never followed this as

I can and do get my chem's here. I also haven't done green's here

as I've been able to buy hydro greens at several places here in

Korat. That will be changing here on the farm after the Hot season.

WESCO is one of the largest of ag chemical suppliers in TH and

probably the largest supplier for hydro chems in TH.

The sell Haifa and other brands. I contacted Haifa in BKK before

on getting micros, The only sale large quantity and that goes to

large fertilizer Co's. Unless you want 100kg of each micro. In LOS,

there's really no wholesale like in the west, unless your talking

containers sales.

Back to the up/down thing, Wesco should sell it, Accent, ACK, Fresh

Gardens and Bangsai all sell it in their stores here, but if your paying

to ship a liquid, you should get the strongest % you can.

The address for the Haifa office in BKK was close to Soi Cowboy

on Asoke.

Nice looking setup you have threre!!!

I have found Sulfuric Acid here in Korat, forgot the %, it was high.

But it was about U$43. @ 3L, from a chemical supply store.rice555

• Like 1

Wesco thailand isnt an international company they resell branded fertilizers such as basf, haifa,omnia, and of course their own branded mixes thats it. They source everything from places like Haifa and make their own. I guarantee you I can buy all the bulk chemicals they do straight from china and make them just like they do at wholesale prices too. I sent haifa a price request we will see if 100 kg is the minimum I personally dont believe that one, oh and by the way their address in bkk is right on the webpage.. And where did you get that ridiculous price for acid ? Ever here of the auto parts store ? Do you make commission off of wesco's high prices ? because I seem to see you tout them in every post when there is clearly better alternatives to buying hydro supplies. 

• Like 2

@rice555 @Hereinthailand Thanks so much your input and helpful post.

I'm trying with Sulfuric Acid now, it's 33.2%. I mixed the ratio of 50ml of acid with distilled water 950ml to make a 1.67% pH down.

It costs me $15 per 3L jug of sulfuric acid.

If the minimum of 100kg of micro, that's too much out of my range. That's a lot for me at least in my current scale.

I'll follow up to get more useful info.
Thank you!

15 hours ago, Hereinthailand said:

they resell branded fertilizers such as basf, haifa,omnia, and of course their own branded mixes thats it. They source everything from places like Haifa and make their own. I guarantee you I can buy all the bulk chemicals they do straight from china and make them just like they do at wholesale prices too. I sent haifa a price request we will see if 100 kg is the minimum I personally dont believe that one, oh and by the way their address in bkk is right on the webpage.. And where did you get that ridiculous price for acid ? Ever here of the auto parts store ? because I seem to see you tout them in every post when there is clearly better alternatives to buying hydro supplies. 

"Do you make commission off of wesco's high prices ?"

I think that if you would have read my posts on several of the hydro threads, I get my main

chem's(25kg bags) here in Korat, not from WESCO. WESCO is the only place that had micro's,

both in the sulfites and chelated and had solubor and moly, so why do you think I bought from

them? I can only find chelated Cu and Fe off the shelf here in Korat.

"Wesco thailand isnt an international company" there are several "WESCO" co's, not the same

as the BKK one, I misread from one line to another link an thought it was the same, my error.

I grow 4-600 plants main season, all run to waste, the waste is used in the garden.

I've contacted Haifa before, they don't sell micro's to small growers, he did say the sell to CT(True, 7-11), yes that Chai Tai Group guy.

And as I said, Haifa Asia office is across Suk from Soi Cowboy.

I have said that it is best to call or fax to ask questions, @'s get very poor results. Jungle Biker ran into that problem with WESCO and many other people have had the same. In this day

and age, a Fax might work.

I don't have the phone number handy, the the chemical supply co here in Korat sales food and lab grade chems, not industrial. That was the price they showed me on their price list with the

item in front of me. I was looking for a wash for cleaning PC-drip tape and PC-drip emitters on

cleaning cycles.

rice555

Omnia Group International Ltd/Wesco Chemicals Thailand Co.,
Perfil de la empresa realizado por Panjiva
Perfil de la empresa  Buyer company  Thailand

Haifa Rast.png

CN  20MT's.png

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Hereinthailand said:

Had to go find the most extreme ads to prove your point didnt ya ? lol. Loser.

No, you said cheap from CN and "you" said Haifa Asis, did you not?

And I be leave that the CN chems is FOB ++.

The smallest amount I found was 5 tons, but the price was higher.

rice555

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 9:58 AM, lajame said:

@rice555 @Hereinthailand Thanks so much your input and helpful post.

I'm trying with Sulfuric Acid now, it's 33.2%. I mixed the ratio of 50ml of acid with distilled water 950ml to make a 1.67% pH down.

It costs me $15 per 3L jug of sulfuric acid.

If the minimum of 100kg of micro, that's too much out of my range. That's a lot for me at least in my current scale.

I'll follow up to get more useful info.
Thank you!

What is the rationale for using distilled water, instead of filtered or tap water ?

Hi All !

Anyone know of a good hydro- and aquaponics shop in Chiang Mai ? Both for equipment, organic liquid nutrients and seeds...

I bought from a CM based shop, at the Khon Kaen agro-show a couple of years ago, but have since lost the info...

Thanks & Cheers, Chris

P.S. Shops in Phetchabun and/or Phitsanulok areas, would also be of high interest.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 4:28 PM, KKr said:

What is the rationale for using distilled water, instead of filtered or tap water ?

Just for the purity of diluted sulfuric acid. We don't other substance that could react with the lead acid.

Filter or RO water might still contain other substance not with distilled water.