Best Pizza in Bangkok

smokie36

It's not everyone's cuppa, but my favorite is Scoozi's smoked salmon pizza.  

Delivered, 'cause I'm lazy.  

BTW, I gave Smokie the like because of his bottom line about the duck.  My favorite Chinese food, and one of my top 3 foods from anywhere.  

7 hours ago, impulse said:

BTW, I gave Smokie the like because of his bottom line about the duck.  My favorite Chinese food, and one of my top 3 foods from anywhere.  

Four Seasons for the duck and pancakes!

Try Ciao Pizza next to the Bangkok Bank main office on Silom, makes Scoozi seem like Pizza Hut in comparison. It's run by the same people behind Water Library. There's also a 24 hr ramen shop next door, don't try it, it's rubbish (really)

On 1/21/2017 at 3:04 PM, nandele said:

For me Sfizio in Asoke....72 hours levitating dough...real Italian pizza....I personally love the bufalo mozzarella one with Parma ham on top after out of the oven...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Levitating dough? That sounds pretty special. Can you ask them what the secret to levitation is? I've been trying to do it for years myself.

The Via Via pizza is acceptable.... I have only had it once every couple years.... 4 years ago it was good, 2 years ago it was.... not as good but still good.  (lean towards a think italian style pizza -- have not found my favourite ingredients on a pizza but then I don't think I have seen any hot calabrese salame (even wholesale) in Bangkok (prefer a thin pizza with tomato, mozzarella, hot calabrese salame and fresh mushrooms.... preferably with hot roasted chilis in oil as a condiment.  

14 hours ago, Deserted said:

Bella Napolia Sukhumvit soi 31. Better than that in BKK? Well I looked for enough years and if there is. Post details please.

Read my OP....FAR better than Bella Napoli.

Bella Napoli has downsized again I noticed as well...average pizza there in my opinion....its not kept up with the new better quality places at all.

On 21/01/2017 at 10:35 AM, impulse said:

So is there some post somewhere about good duck / pancakes in BKK?  Either my mastery of the search function on here is not sufficient or I've got the wrong end of the stick regarding the duck post (only one I could find was about the problems in France)

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

So is there some post somewhere about good duck / pancakes in BKK?  Either my mastery of the search function on here is not sufficient or I've got the wrong end of the stick regarding the duck post (only one I could find was about the problems in France)

Check out the signature line on the bottom of Smokie's posts.

Crispy duck with pancakes oh yeah....I love Hoi Sin Sauce!

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Thainess said:

Levitating dough? That sounds pretty special. Can you ask them what the secret to levitation is? I've been trying to do it for years myself.

Sorry..,.i am not naturally English speaking...I guess I messed it up.....what I meant is that the dough is kept for 72 hours before been used to make the pizza....

1 minute ago, nandele said:

Sorry..,.i am not naturally English speaking...I guess I messed it up.....what I meant is that the dough is kept for 72 hours before been used to make the pizza....

Probably not common terminology to many, I think the phase that you are referring to is "proofing".

4 hours ago, impulse said:

Check out the signature line on the bottom of Smokie's posts.

Crispy duck with pancakes oh yeah....I love Hoi Sin Sauce!

Ahh.  Something was turned off in settings.  I couldn't see any signature lines on any posts at all??  So any idea on the best place in BKK?  Being quite passionate about them myself I'm not keen on risking so so offerings.

Have to agree re Sfizio though.  Great place!!

On 23/01/2017 at 4:31 PM, bkkcanuck8 said:

The Via Via pizza is acceptable.... I have only had it once every couple years.... 4 years ago it was good, 2 years ago it was.... not as good but still good.  (lean towards a think italian style pizza -- have not found my favourite ingredients on a pizza but then I don't think I have seen any hot calabrese salame (even wholesale) in Bangkok (prefer a thin pizza with tomato, mozzarella, hot calabrese salame and fresh mushrooms.... preferably with hot roasted chilis in oil as a condiment.  

Do Via Vai still run their lunchtime buffet and a pizza deal?

Just now, smokie36 said:

Do Via Vai still run their lunchtime buffet and a pizza deal?

Not sure, never been there at lunch.... only picked up a pizza for home a few times.... not regularly though.  I will try and update you tomorrow sometime, I should be walking by there around noon sometime soon.

7 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Not sure, never been there at lunch.... only picked up a pizza for home a few times.... not regularly though.  I will try and update you tomorrow sometime, I should be walking by there around noon sometime soon.

Thanks...I used to eat there fairly often for lunch....decent salad options and soup as well as reasonable pizza and a drink for under 300 Baht I think.

7 hours ago, oval said:

I like the one under Asoke BTS station. Brie and speck is yumma yumma. 

Pala...yes last time I had lunch there I ordered salami pizza...they heated up a margarita slice then dropped a couple of cold slices of salami on top.

Not been back since.

Archived