Italian killed by falling branch while out for a walk on Jomtien beach

webfact

3 hours ago, wannascuba said:

From the pictures, that branch size would not normally be attribited to a "Widow Maker", but you just never know.  The broken, smaller branch, attached to the larger branch, and hit in just the right area. Makes you stop and think, everyone should do their best to beware of their surroundings. Note; Not saying this person wans.nt!!!

Being aware of ones surroundings is always a good idea but not to the point of paranoia. I would expect and be aware of dangers at ground level like vehicles etc. At 91 ones awareness levels are definitely not at their peak. This branch looked like it had a small wooden spike from a broken branch. As far as the law suit goes hmm hardly. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very sad. When it is your time, the grim reaper will come and get you no matter how healthy you are, how young you are, how insulated you are, how safe your lifestyle is, how much money you have, or how much you are praying, fasting, eating well, sleeping well, or living well. When your clock is up, that is it. What can one say? If it was not this branch, it would have been something else, undoubtedly. 

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Very sad. When it is your time, the grim reaper will come and get you no matter how healthy you are, how young you are, how insulated you are, how safe your lifestyle is, how much money you have, or how much you are praying, fasting, eating well, sleeping well, or living well. When your clock is up, that is it. What can one say? If it was not this branch, it would have been something else, undoubtedly. 

Too much common sense to be posted here. Since November 8th 2016 my common sense has started to evaporate. 

I exercise in this area , but I always look up when it's windy , I have seen branches and coconuts falling down not too far from me. They should remove all the coconuts , it's like ticking bombs. 

3 hours ago, balo said:

I exercise in this area , but I always look up when it's windy , I have seen branches and coconuts falling down not too far from me. They should remove all the coconuts , it's like ticking bombs. 

Apparently 150 people die every year globally from being hit by falling coconuts  

There is a flurry of branch lopping near Jomtien Boathouse this afternoon. Felled branches litter and obstruct the pavement. I passed the work crew; sat on and obstructing the pavement; enjoying their lunch with a few beers. Chainsaws and beer. There's a combination. An operation to improve safety carried out by people with no regard to safety. That's a paradox.

On 23/01/2017 at 9:55 AM, SaintLouisBlues said:

However they'll build up to it, starting with twigs

Have you seen the brutal tree trimming they did at the far north of Jomtien beach (I think Don Tang beach) in August lasty year. Nothing left on them and squirrels running around with no branches of foliage to live in. These people do not have a clue. Plus the trucks well and truely roggered the walk way surface.

4 hours ago, champers said:

There is a flurry of branch lopping near Jomtien Boathouse this afternoon. Felled branches litter and obstruct the pavement. I passed the work crew; sat on and obstructing the pavement; enjoying their lunch with a few beers. Chainsaws and beer. There's a combination. An operation to improve safety carried out by people with no regard to safety. That's a paradox.

You took surreptitious  pictures to confirm this  "paradox" I expect?

Archived