Chateau Lafite 1983 in Bangkok

smokie36

4 hours ago, nisakiman said:

Dunno you'll find it in Bangkok, but you can pick up a bottle in Hong Kong for about €750. When you add the Thai wine duties on though, it starts to get a tad expensive. Still, you can't put a price on quality, eh?

My mind won't allow me to go that high (even if I had the money to splurge)..... it would keep calculating, is it 30 times more enjoyable than a bottle of Lindeman's etc.  and the answer keeps coming up .... no.... my pallet is not that refined.... besides.... the way to make plonk drinkable is to cool it down as close to freezing as you can get without freezing it.... at that point it loses it's taste to a certain extent :P

Villa near Sukhumvit 33 has a couple of bottles of Château Lafite, although I'm not 100 per cent about the years they have in stock at the moment.

Go up the stairs near the pharmacy and you will find the main alcohol room (which most people don't even know exists). When you walk through the door you want the glass cabinet on your left hand side in the corner.

A bottle is about 160,000 baht.

Archived