Italian man dies in Phuket motorbike crash

snoop1130

Italian man dies in Phuket motorbike crash

1485164845_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- An Italian man has died after the motorbike he was riding struck a roadside barrier near Phromthep Cape today (Jan 23).

Maj Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police was informed of the accident at 12:30pm.

When police arrived at the scene, the man’s body was by the side of the road, Maj Thada told The Phuket News.

“He had wounds on his head and his ankle. Nearby was the black Yamaha motorbike he was riding and his helmet,” he said.

“Mr Angelo was riding with a friend who said they were travelling from Saiyuan (in Rawai) to Phromthep Cape,” Maj Thada explained.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/italian-man-dies-in-phuket-motorbike-crash-60744.php#uyrewh7fFxuflEmZ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-1-23

How can somebody, even with poor knowledge about driving or no driver license at all, suddenly just strike a roadside barrier. Like I always said. Don´t drive blind!
Anyway, I feel sorry for he´s friend and possible family.

Come on. No evidence of drinking.
Some people don't have experience on the bikes and really have no business being on one. It isn't a toy you just play with on occasion.
Many circumstances can lead to a crash.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, sebastion said:

Come on. No evidence of drinking.
Some people don't have experience on the bikes and really have no business being on one. It isn't a toy you just play with on occasion.
Many circumstances can lead to a crash.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Business or no business is not a question for this man anymore, but he was a good driver. LOL

35 minutes ago, dageurreotype said:

I was told about this by my taxi driver today. He said the Italian guy just slammed into the railing and that so many tourists die here because they don't understand Thai roads and all the police are interested in is money, not safety. 

I understand that if I slam into just about anything on a motorbike, on any road anywhere the result will not be good, as many others have found out to their detriment before this poor chap

On 1/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, dageurreotype said:

I was told about this by my taxi driver today. He said the Italian guy just slammed into the railing and that so many tourists die here because they don't understand Thai roads and all the police are interested in is money, not safety. 

i fail to see the connection between someone driving their bike into a crash barrier and the police wanting money. perhaps you can explain how that works?

Archived