Doctors say man suffered attack from "flesh eating bacteria" after cat scratches

webfact

Heed the sensible remarks on here well.

My friend who got a small scratch from his coffee table  did not treat that night, 3 operations & 2 kilos of flesh 

later he had his life back (sort of)

Keep something like Betadine or Dettol handy & treat any small cut straight away.

I saw the colour photos & they are not pretty

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's not just cat scratches, any minor break in the skin can be a route in for bacteria. I came within an ace of losing a toe last year from a similar infection caused by a tiny (minuscule even) friction blister.

Ten days of IV antibiotics every 8 hours later and the bugs finally succumbed.

I believe this is what he got. Warning graphic content. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2051157-overview

Nasty Infection and even nastier pics.

2 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

With all the wild cats....scary!!

If it wasn't for all those wild cats we'd be drowning in wild rats. Remember the mass murdering of cats as they were believed to be witch's familiars and the resulting devastating rat borne plague in the Middle Ages?

Blame the cat huh. There have been many similar stories in various countries over the past few years and the concensus so far has been if you want to catch a flesh eating bacteria go to a hospital. People have gone into hospital for certain elective surgery and have contracted the flesh eating bacteria whilst in hospital. This is usually confined to certain hospitals which brings into question their hygenic standards. The cat is most unlikely to have caused it.

12 hours ago, Crossy said:

It's not just cat scratches, any minor break in the skin can be a route in for bacteria. I came within an ace of losing a toe last year from a similar infection caused by a tiny (minuscule even) friction blister.

Ten days of IV antibiotics every 8 hours later and the bugs finally succumbed.

I believe this is what he got. Warning graphic content. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2051157-overview

Luckily' I had just eaten dinner before looking at your graphic content link

1 hour ago, twizzian said:

Luckily' I had just eaten dinner before looking at your graphic content link

The images in that link are the mild ones, there are some real nasties to be found with Google :(

There is nothing so scary as when the doc says the words "Necrotising fasciitis" and "surgeon" in the same sentence, luckily the surgeon suggested more potent antibiotics before sharpening his scalpel.

Bullshit story about cats

Yiu can get it from much more thant a cat, labour, just a cut, or therways the bacteria can,enter its hosts

I got the same from a musqito bite.

One of the post issues that stays can and is totally under estimated and the reseach about it only dod have taken place kn children. The followng are rekodners for the life after and are but not limited to heart problems, blood pressure problems, weight increasing problems, memmory problems beside the removes tissue. Also possible totoal reset of the brain and have to relearn all over again.

In general  medical specialst have totally no clou about this and the research of the post effects is negelected.

Archived