British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

27 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

OK I nominate you as the spectacular speculator of 2017. When can I crown you?? Please do not take this literally as I have one made up from tinfoil. Do not wear outside in a thunderstorm. Love ya. 

Thanks but I already wear a tinfoil hat 24/7. You can never be too careful with the illuminati about. 

In my late sentence I was making the point that some things are more likely than others. Not that I am more right than you. My initial theory is dead in the water and seems way off now that more info has transpired. I now think that it was an ex-partner or that Caldeira lost some money after an illegal gambling website was shutdown. Whatever other theories people have, I would guess that most will have the wife as an outsider. 

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Zikomat said:

How often? Do you have any statistics to prove your words? Especially if we are talking about the murder of somebody who was taking part in criminal activity? 

No, I don't have any statistics but a brief google search will confirm what I say. I am not convinced by any of the scenarios put forward for this assassination and I am doubtful as to whether there will be a definitive conclusion anyway. 

1 minute ago, LandOfWiles said:

Thanks but I already wear a tinfoil hat 24/7. You can never be too careful with the illuminati about. 

In my late sentence I was making the point that some things are more likely than others. Not that I am more right than you. My initial theory is dead in the water and seems way off now that more info has transpired. I now think that it was an ex-partner or that Caldeira lost some money after an illegal gambling website was shutdown. Whatever other theories people have, I would guess that most will have the wife as an outsider. 

I agree we are getting closer to the truth and the truth will set us free to quit speculating. Loved your viewpoint. Some day we may both be on the quiz show "Whats My Line" Oopps another blast from the past gone. Where has the time gone. 

3 minutes ago, champers said:

No, I don't have any statistics but a brief google search will confirm what I say. I am not convinced by any of the scenarios put forward for this assassination and I am doubtful as to whether there will be a definitive conclusion anyway. 

Lets agree to disagree and call it a night on this topic. It has been speculated to death. Gained some friends and made some almost enemies on this. My old grandmother taught me never to hate people just dislike they ways. Hate can really consume one. 

On 2/5/2017 at 2:15 AM, LandOfWiles said:

Money is definitely a motivator and it would not be the first murder-for-money killing in Pattaya. But what would she have to gain? She already had money, a sports car, houses and a falang boyfriend that wasn't much older than her. It's difficult to see how she could have improved on this. I would say it's downhill for her now. Although she will likely inherit the cars and the houses, she wont have access to the income streams that she had before. They had been married since 2011 (not late last year as some reports claimed) and had just had the second child. If we were talking about a 65 year old falang and a 25 year old Thai girl then I would automatically think money, but it doesn't stack up in this case. 

Seize cars and houses to pay back victims of husband's scams 

2 hours ago, vivasamui said:

He really has not been found guilty of anything as of yet and now dead hmm is the case dead as well. Death here always is the bow that the RTP look for to wrap things up in a tidy little package. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Are you a gangster?  No.  I suspect you are safe from  targetted hit! 

If your going to  post toughen your skin. We you and I live in a fractured world with spoon fed false media lying politicians the works. You have to take the likes with the brickbats and then there is the comment you made reference to. You will never get a perfect opinion alignment here. Be prepared for zig zags in the road and some hidden washouts. 

22 hours ago, mstevens said:

Ask any cop who they almost always look at first in a murder investigation......bingo, Einstien, it's the spouse!

Come on! There are many type of murders. For example, a mafia hit. Still a spouse is the main suspect?  What a BS! This murdered guy was not an ordinary guy. That is what makes "spouse version" not to be first, no even the second one in the list of versions.

P.S. by the way - "ask any cop" is a really weak argument.

On 07/02/2017 at 0:07 PM, elgordo38 said:

If your going to  post toughen your skin. We you and I live in a fractured world with spoon fed false media lying politicians the works. You have to take the likes with the brickbats and then there is the comment you made reference to. You will never get a perfect opinion alignment here. Be prepared for zig zags in the road and some hidden washouts. 

I don't really understand your point but I do find Pattaya safer than Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya and numerous other countries I've been to in the last 50 years.  Whatever violence may befall me here I doubt it will be a targetted hit by a professional assassin.  

On 2/8/2017 at 10:35 AM, Zikomat said:

Come on! There are many type of murders. For example, a mafia hit. Still a spouse is the main suspect?  What a BS! This murdered guy was not an ordinary guy. That is what makes "spouse version" not to be first, no even the second one in the list of versions.

P.S. by the way - "ask any cop" is a really weak argument.

Whenever someone is murdered, they always suspect the  spouse first. And that my children, is all you need to know about marriage.

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If your knowledge of criminal investigation is limited to "Murder She Wrote", "Columbo", "Midsomer Murders", etc. then that would be acceptable.

Hmm your talking some mighty serious stuff here. CSI and NCIS (love Abby) No Sh*t Sherlock I think Inspector Clouseau is onto something. I think I have misplaced my magnifying glass and my pipe again darn.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:35 AM, vivasamui said:

For that to happen, there has to be an investigation and prosecution of the boiler room(s) involved with identification of those that lost their life savings. That wasn't going to happen when the victim was still alive and sure as sh!t isn't going to happen now, is it? There will be benefactors; no doubt about that but if the Porsche was on the 'never never', there's no telling if the houses and other property was already, similarly collateralized. Certain people and certain entities will get money and other assets but I am pretty sure it won't be anyone who lost theirs.

Certainly no one who got scammed will see a dime back. I wonder if his cold callers will even get paid, unless he had a manager or partner of some sorts. 

The wife and some bib will get what's up for grabs. Hope she knows how to access offshore accounts, as I imagine there is a ton of money in offshore accounts that hasn't been transferred to Thailand yet.. 

Archived