British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Chicog said:

The way he did it on CCTV makes me think the only way it's professional is that he got paid to do it.

Oh come on now. Watching all the crime stories on Thai national news every morning there's all sorts of 'professionals' doing their stupid, illegal shit in front of CCTV cameras. Watch how many 'professiona'l hit men get banged up making full confessions before they go down. They are just muppets desperate for money for their habit.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, piersbeckett said:

You'll get more kudos here, driving a Porsche, than in a country where the rule of law is upheld but you'll also 'draw more heat'; if this was a gangland killing though, I doubt it would matter what you were driving.

Been here 25+ years and know a lot of expats with businesses and very expensive cars with no problem. A fellow with the name starting with 'T' and into fitness comes to mind;..just a thought.

55 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

Definitly, if you got big money in Patts, then you are definitly a bad bloke. (forget he may have worked his guts out before coming here and done well)  Fool. All you knockers are  just green with envy, banging away on yourkeyboard in your 9K a month hovels.

I disagree. They are just being more pragmatic and realistic than you are.

I don't live in a hovel but it's not a castle either. Just a large house with a moat.

1 hour ago, sandgroper2 said:

Definitly, if you got big money in Patts, then you are definitly a bad bloke. (forget he may have worked his guts out before coming here and done well)  Fool. All you knockers are  just green with envy, banging away on yourkeyboard in your 9K a month hovels.

Sorry buddy I would not be envious of anyone being shot twice in the head. I would rather have noting and be alive.

RIP to the deceased no one deserves to die like no matter what.

22 minutes ago, Acharn said:

I dunno. Stroll by the Narcissus around 10:30, 11:00. You'll see some pretty spectacular cars. Or the Polo Club or the Royal Thai Sports Club, or ... If you're prudent, you can be very flashy without danger. On the other hand, rich people get murdered everywhere all the time, often by their relatives. Not anything peculiar to Thailand.

You are talking about Bangkok. 

This is Pattaya. 

17 minutes ago, sabaii69 said:

Been here 25+ years and know a lot of expats with businesses and very expensive cars with no problem. A fellow with the name starting with 'T' and into fitness comes to mind;..just a thought.

Tony, really? 

The guy is Thai. 

You could name the owner of Fairtex too. He got a new i8 for example. 

Anyone ever notice the fleet of Lamborghinis outside of the new Muay Thai stadium on Sukhumvit road? Wonder whats up with that.. 

Something similar happened a few years ago around Kamala. A woman hotel manager had fired a couple of people for stealing. She was driving home on a Friday night and was stopped at a traffic light when a motor scooter pulled up alongside her car and shotgunned her. Not sure if they ever got the people as I left the country a short time later. Disgusting this stuff goes on.

3 hours ago, fred007 said:

The way the assailant was waiting and observing his hit. The killers timing was executed very well this was no amateur. Two shots to the head.

Definitely  a pro .....me thinks 

I'm no expert on this subject, but would a professional do that in broad daylight, in front of a camera, and make his escape via a mate on a scooter? The scooter and passenger will be on CCTV's along their journey.

This guy will be caught soon, and the full story will come out.

3 hours ago, Happy Days xx said:

Some people not reading the report... "suspected boiler room dealings"  - someone should explain as I don't have the time right now... got a boiler to stoke... the REGULAR type !!

Yes, most people here don't actually read those "super" lengthy 30 word news reports and manage to miss 25 of the words before they start making comments.

Yes, most people here don't actually read those "super" lengthy 30 word news reports and manage to miss 25 of the words before they start making comments.

It said update lol so if anyone missed something it was you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

It said update lol so if anyone missed something it was you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure about that, my comment was in response to someone who was also aware of the same update/info as were other people.  Does the update have a time on it?  He made that comment 2 hours after the thread started. LOL

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I think it is okay to move here if you have money, but seriously unwise to show it. Fine if you drive a modest car and house, the less people can see the better. 

Good point. My transport is a long-term Renta scooter  (motorcycle) which is a good old one that no one would even pinch if I left the keys in it. I really think this bike is blessed as it has been in so many near miss. I give it a pat ever time i get home. 

That was a HIT....

You see the hit man waiting for the guy to come to his car and then follows him to the car and does his assignment.....so easily.....so quickly...... and leisurely walks off ....No one would have noticed or known if not for the CCTV.

I doubt there will any real effort put into the investigation by the Thai Police.

What can they do other than try to find out who it was or who was involved or ordered the hit and if they do they will probably have to back off at some point when they are told to: "Leave it alone" .."Drop it".

IF ( AS IN IF ) the guy was involved in all that boiler room scam crap, that is so prevalent here in Thailand, then he would not be the first person to go down like that as they are always fighting over the spoils and turning on one another

Remember Ian Travis?

If not, then just Google it and you will understand how nasty and nefarious those Boiler Room affairs can be.

But it could be something other than that...but that was a HIT..no doubt about it and seemingly easy to arrange here in Thailand

Cheers

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

Sounds like you know just too much not to have a connection yourself.

LOL. I have not had any direct connection with the real boiler room boys apart from perhaps eating and drinking at their more legit businesses.  However, I have advised many expats over the years not to invest in too good to be true schemes pedalled by salesmen but they usually don't listen and come back crying a year or two later after they have been completely scammed. 

To be fair, it is not at all clear whether the victim was indeed involved in the boiler room business.  So far, that has been put forward by Pattaya police who may or may not have some evidence to back it up but we don't know yet.  All I can say is most of the farang guys I know doing website design or other IT business in Thailand are taking public transport, not driving Porsches. 

5 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I think it is okay to move here if you have money, but seriously unwise to show it. Fine if you drive a modest car and house, the less people can see the better. 

It's also OK if you aren't involved in dodgy dealings, usually people are responsible for for their own deaths if dealt out in this manner, Porsche, Boiler room dealings, maybe mistaken identity, i don't think so.

1 hour ago, little mary sunshine said:

On the contrary, very professional, cool, well planned,over in 30 seconds.

A "very professional" hitman would have carried out the murder with no witnesses or CCTV . 

All the RTP now have to do to catch him is too look at other CTV cameras and it may see him going to his house .

Anyone can shoot someone, the trick is not to get caught

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I'm no expert on this subject, but would a professional do that in broad daylight, in front of a camera, and make his escape via a mate on a scooter? The scooter and passenger will be on CCTV's along their journey.

This guy will be caught soon, and the full story will come out.

Yep...Thai style ..they do it  like that all the time...boldly and gangland style  ...in broad daylight,  as it seems there  is no fear of retribution....and probably high on drugs also when they do the hit  or juiced up enough to embolden them to pull the trigger without remorse

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

The usual TV mix of wild conjecture and puerile comments...ergo no measure of respect for his wife and children

Joe

Joe, that is the nature of social media and the internet. With newspapers and TV stations there is, or there was, supposed to be a checking of facts before publication.The employees had a responsibility to communicate the truth they knew. But the 'democracy' of the internet means every Tom Dick and Harry of every gender persuasion can presume, assume and surmise with the barest of facts available. News' bites are now not the news but mere fodder to stir and provoke debate between the posters and viewers.

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A "very professional" hitman would have carried out the murder with no witnesses or CCTV . 

All the RTP now have to do to catch him is too look at other CTV cameras and it may see him going to his house .

Anyone can shoot someone, the trick is not to get caught

Maybe that was the only time they could get close to him. If he lives in a gated community, off street parking at work etc. There are not many public places in Thailand not covered by cctv. 

The shooter appears to be fat or lots of layers of clothes, probably took off most of the clothes and changed motorbikes, put on a helmet 100 meters down the road.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Joe, that is the nature of social media and the internet. With newspapers and TV stations there is, or there was, supposed to be a checking of facts before publication.The employees had a responsibility to communicate the truth they knew. But the 'democracy' of the internet means every Tom Dick and Harry of every gender persuasion can presume, assume and surmise with the barest of facts available. News' bites are now not the news but mere fodder to stir and provoke debate between the posters and viewers.

Well......that is a good thing in some aspects as you never know whos conjectures and surmising and presumptions and assumptions can maybe help solve the mysteries involved, as all the more thoughts and peoples input can often be helpful.

Cheers

Archived