British man assassinated in gangland hit in Pattaya

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How contaminated was the scene, car door left wide open, ah, hello if you played the video enough times, you would see that the "gutless" Assassin wasn't wearing gloves, very amateur, and put his hands on the door, twice, did anybody dust for prints ?

26 minutes ago, gemguy said:

Well......that is a good thing in some aspects as you never know whos conjectures and surmising and presumptions and assumptions can maybe help solve the mysteries involved, as all the more thoughts and peoples input can often be helpful.

Cheers

Perhaps, but I would contend it often results in internet lynchings as the posters have no idea about the real facts and simply play out their prejudices.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

It's also OK if you aren't involved in dodgy dealings, usually people are responsible for for their own deaths if dealt out in this manner, Porsche, Boiler room dealings, maybe mistaken identity, i don't think so.

I agree that it's much more likely if you are in the 'boiler room' or similar dodgy business, but even innocent people can be targeted ... if you show money you attract the wrong kind of people, including potential spouses ... so in my view better to buy your assets outside of Thailand and look of modest means whilst staying here. 

Also, spouse should be a suspect also, not just business associates or people who may harbour a grudge. 

1 hour ago, gemguy said:

Yep...Thai style ..they do it  like that all the time...boldly and gangland style  ...in broad daylight,  as it seems there  is no fear of retribution....and probably high on drugs also when they do the hit  or juiced up enough to embolden them to pull the trigger without remorse

Cheers

Yes, quite agree. But that rules out a "professional" hit ... I suspect that it would have been done under the cover of darkness nearer to his home.

Perhaps one of the 100,000 + ex members of the SAS, Navy Seals, Mossad, CIA etc that post on TV and live in Thailand could offer a more expert opinion. That's of course if it's not 'happy hour' at the dog and duck!  

An extremely shocking sight to see. I don’t think he knew what hit him the moment he got into the car. Contrary to all of the Thailand skeptics, this murder is not something that will be kept quiet, somebody is going to talk about this and I do believe they will be caught. There is a laundry list of assumptions on why it happened and hopefully, the Royal Thai Police won’t insult themselves by investigating it like the Keystone Cops. RIP and condolences to the family of the murdered victim. As violent as what occurred yesterday, it still does not change my mind for me choosing Thailand as a Retirement destination.

IF he fell off a balcony......it would be solved by now......

what you have here is a Crime Scene with every swinging dick walking all over it which is normal in LoS.

Real police would seal off the whole place for many square metres around, seal off the car, haul in everyone within ear shot for questioning, head for the guy's house impound his computer and his phone, also his wifes phone and all of her computers and then really start putting the heat on getting it solved ...but here...just blunder on.......guessing...like every one here on CIS TV ?

I make no assumptions.....

6 hours ago, Tom Cahill said:

Anyone driving a Porsche in Thailand is,  people are right to comment,  asking to have massive problems,  but all the more so when they're probably not even legally allowed to permanently stay in the country that they've decided to buy it  (the import tax on it would be massive).

You're letting your jealousy warp your objectivity.

Owning a car like a Porsche is not asking to have massive problems - he wasn't killed because of the car he drove and he wasn't robbed.

If he'd upset someone in his industry enough, he could have been riding a donkey and he'd still have been killed.

What does it matter if you buy a Porsche in country in which you don't have indefinite leave to remain?

That won't affect its resale value, will it?

Hummm, what makes me feel less safe?  Getting whacked by gangland hitmen, or having my taxi driver/bus driver/mini-van driver/tuk tuk driver take the vehicle I'm riding in off the road and into a tree/utility pole/moat/canal.  Hmmmm.  Let me think about this. <finger tapping on table - pensive look>.....  :happy:

8 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

I let u work that one out urself as u seem to think u know so much.

And for ur info it says nothing in the OP about illegal dodgy dealings.  So get ur facts right before giving sarcastic replies.

You're right, the OP doesn't use the words "illegal dodgy dealings" but you did..."Business (dodgy) deal gone wrong, prob illegally gained funds."!    I referred to his boiler room connections that were mentioned in the OP and, as it is safe to assume that those business dealing were dodgy in the extreme, my facts were spot on .  Incidentally there was no sarcasm in my post.   

8 hours ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

Only after an update on it.

No, there was a second media report about the shooting posted immediately after the original OP in which it stated that the boiler room connection was being investigated.  That was removed and the first report updated.

7 hours ago, blowin said:

Sorry buddy I would not be envious of anyone being shot twice in the head. I would rather have noting and be alive.

RIP to the deceased no one deserves to die like no matter what.

You're wrong, some do deserve that fate.

There are a few points that strike me as suspicious about this story.

If the victim ran a web design company, why is the name of the company not mentioned?  A web design business is a perfectly clean and legitimate business and there would appear no reason why the business has not been named.  When the name of a business is not mentioned when the owner is killed in this sort of fashion, that can be cause for suspicion.

The victim drove a Porsche in Thailand.  That is a very expensive car in Thailand.  I am taking a long bow here but boiler room are known to own exotic European cars.  Glendon Bullard who was reported dead a couple of years ago was a boiler room operator who owned a Porsche, a Ferarri, a Lamborghini and motorbikes.  There are two Brits living in Sukhumvit who are often accused of involvement with boiler rooms, one of whom owns a Rolls Royce and the other a Ferrari.

The victim was killed in Pattaya where he was said to be based.  Everyone knows what Pattaya is about.  It's the Wild West of Thailand and attracts a certain element.

If the victim was a genuine businessman running a legitimate business, why is there not more out there on the net about him?  If he owned a Porsche in Thailand, he was rather successful.  If you Google him you get precious little about him and nothing about his business.

So all of this might be nothing, but combined together it would appear suspicious.

5 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

The usual TV mix of wild conjecture and puerile comments...ergo no measure of respect for his wife and children

Joe

His wife and kids won't be reading Thaivisa!

That doesn't apply here, in this case a bad person got what he deserved.

Wow, did you have a team of monkeys working round the clock on that bit of quick repartee, Sherlock ! Since you seem to be in full possession of ALL the facts pertaining to the case. Perhaps you can fill us in on how you managed to come upon your inside info. I'm sure the perpetrators would love to know that there's witness that the police haven't interviewed yet, who seems to know more than they do. Why don't you regale us with your intimate knowledge of the victim's shady associates and illegal dealings to back up your keen insight of his guilt for summary execution .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Briton shot dead in Porsche in Thailand's Pattaya resort

PATTAYA: -- A British man has been shot dead in his Porsche in Thailand.

Tony Kenway, originally from Southampton, was killed in a car park in the resort of Pattaya at 14:10 local time, according to the Bangkok Post.

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has confirmed it is in contact with local police regarding the death of a British national.

Sanit Sport Club, where the shooting happened, offered its condolences in a message posted on its Facebook page.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-38734334

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2017-01-25

2 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

OK, I made a mistake in my post, it is 5.00am.

I would still rather change things that I was not happy with, rather than moan on a FORUM.   

Then why are you moaning about someone else's comment here on this FORUM?

As for changing things; I think that's wonderful!  Really!  Please be sure and let us know how you did it when you stop gangland killings.  The world waits.  (But in the meantime, I suspect they'll still  be in the news and people will still  be exhibiting that oh so annoying tendency to talk about them, particularly when it happens somewhere near them...)

50 minutes ago, teacherpaul said:

Irrelevant comment, seeing as he lives in Thailand.

Not irrelevant at all.

Pointing out that if one chooses to move elsewhere because of the 'so called' fear, one will most likely come across similar crimes.

14 hours ago, Bulldozer Dawn said:

If you are rich enough to own a Porsche in Thailand, don't move here.

Move to a country that has rule of law.

Don't fall victim to Thainess.

i have owned and driven high end market cars here for many years. my money was made in a honest business in another country, never had a problem with it.

i think the problem starts when your in business and making big money in Thailand and being a young man i suspect his business wasn't as straight as it should of been or he was keeping bad company. these sort of things happen to people all over the world.

theirs a saying they use ...................if you sleep with dogs you catch flees. very true, RIP young man. 

Archived