Police appeal for help in case of murdered Brit

webfact

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Web design is such a dangerous business - on par with cocaine and heroin smuggling !

He had a hugely successful web design business but still found it necessary to work without a work permit and hire other foreigners to work without work permits.  Why was that I wonder?

8 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

Foolish response.

Of cojrse he was killed In Thailand bit manarak was suggesting the reasons he may have been murdered weren't Thai related, I.e., activities outside Thailand.  Surely anybody could see that?

Why do some come here for no reason other than to needle others?  Beats me, and It's just plain counter productive.

Oh dear.

There's a lot more in the article that clearly does relate to Thailand.

Beats you indeed.

Needled?

5 hours ago, thetruth revealer said:

...the main question is, who is the most interested  beneficiant of this murder ????

it could also be plain old revenge.

whether from former criminal associates feeling he owes something to them or from disgruntled employees/business partners, or it might also be a family issue (does he have an ex-wife in Spain jealous of his lifestyle?)

28 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

"At their house valued at 10 million baht and one of four properties in Thailand owned by Mr Kenway, they saw a red Mercedes Benz."

So Mr Kenway had a *huge* amount of cash laying around that he "invested".  Right.

AKA "Money Laundering" ?

obviously he made cash before coming to Thailand.

to automatically assume without any clues the cash was earned illegally is a line I refuse to cross.

25 minutes ago, manarak said:

obviously he made cash before coming to Thailand.

to automatically assume without any clues the cash was earned illegally is a line I refuse to cross.

I doubt he made it through www.arcanus.solutions. That domain was only registered in February last year and he was already materially wealthy before then. The site looks like a typical front anyway. The text is written by a layman rather than someone with the right technical knowledge to offer such services. Where it does sound correct, it has been lifted almost verbatim from genuine sites such as https://www.3cx.com/ and https://www.bvoip.com/

An IT company is a good choice for a boiler room outfit because it helps explain why you have and office filled with computers. I also like the name - arcanus - which is Latin for secret or mystery. Not many bonafide IT companies would use such a name. 

7 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Totally agree with the above post.

As all TV members know, An average, run of the mill IT website developer doesn't go buying, multiple houses and cars in such a short space of time in Thailand, as a foreigner, unless up to unsavory business. Your average web designer is usually chasing business from dawn till dusk in this competitive industry. I know by the amount that used to approach me when I had a business in Pattaya some 15 years ago.

A shiver goes down the spine as soon as ' boiler rooms ' gets mentioned. His behaviour suggests somebody wanting to be a ' man about town ' No discretion here with Porsche Cayenne and Mercedes parked outside the door. Millions and millions of pounds and Dollars are cheated out of old peoples retirement and pension funds by these boiler room gangs on a weekly basis, protected by a country with officials who use the law to protect them.

In the photo does he honestly look like an IT geek who stays in every night working on his websites? or a Jack the lad with the obligatory ' tough guy ' chest and shoulder tattoos of a  seasoned '  Ex Marbella now Ex Pattaya chancer! ' with all the trappings of "in your face " new found wealth.

Boiler room guys have been working under and protected by very senior police figures in Thailand for years. When the walls come tumbling down, the Police, who will have been highly active in the ' counting department ' of this guys venture, will fade away into the background promising an investigation that never materialises. In Thailand there are TWO highly organized groups, and they are in uniform, that make serious money on a daily basis and is for the most part, untouchable. The foreigners are just ' here today, gone tomorrow '

Just looking at it sensibly, an IT guy working on legitimate web development and this man do not fit in the same sentence.

Now, it is coming out, the IT developer he is due in court for employing numbers of illegals, no work permit himself, then we have alleged hit men running off to Cambodia, Boiler rooms, online gambling sites, A 10 million baht house and four other houses,

We have all been in the wrong job,  I am going to retrain as a web developer!

5 hours ago, roo860 said:

It's a good way to crack crime without having to do it themselves.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

:biggrin:

Damn right.

They've picked up all sorts of handy policing tips including things like building teams of "confidential informants" and I have it on good authority that the DSI has the Thaivisa Armchair Vice Unit (TAVU) to thank for teaching them about "controlled buys" using something called "marked bills".

The suspect , the killer Abel Caldeira Bonito is originally from the island of Madeira. He moved , probably with his family to South Africa when he was a boy or teenager.

He got plenty of relatives and friends in both Madeira and S-Africa. His friends list on FB is open for anyone to see.   He never replies any facebook posts from them , he seems to be a bit of a loner. 

He also stayed in Cambodia on shorter or longer trips since 2013. 

I had a chat with my ex today. She asked me if i knew about the killing. She knew him, through one of her staff. 

If she knew he had "black" money as she described it. Then many many would. He was very flash with it as we know now with houses and cars.

What amazes me is if she knew, the police, the powerful people must have known too.

22 hours ago, chrissables said:

I had a chat with my ex today. She asked me if i knew about the killing. She knew him, through one of her staff. 

If she knew he had "black" money as she described it. Then many many would. He was very flash with it as we know now with houses and cars.

What amazes me is if she knew, the police, the powerful people must have known too.

I am sure the police knew exactly what he was doing.

Archived