Koh Phangan hotel owner loses 300,000 worth of jewelry she loaded on Bangkok bound plane

webfact

12 hours ago, Black arab said:

Perhaps more security screening of who these people employ would help, i have a family member who works at Heathrow , had to jump through many hoops to get the job

I really don't think that Heathrow baggage handlers are a shining example of probity and best practice that should be held up as role models.....

12 hours ago, irwinfc said:

"The airline - that was not named - would not take responsibility..."

why should the airline take responsibility? common sense dictates to keep your valuables with you all the time. i'd say the authorities should even challenge her to prove that she really had that much gold (or whatever that was) in her luggage.

The airline, which was not named.  

Now that is funny. Not a whole lot of airlines fly between bangkok and samui.  

Hmmm, i wonder.

17 hours ago, amjamj said:

Heathrow or anybody else in thin world, only low so people and robbers do this jobin Millions of lugages are stolen yearly. Any suitcase can be opened in second.

Only loso  people and robbers?

Well I bet they don't have too many applicants who have PhD's from Oxford or Harvard?

Don't tell me......you're at the top of the socioeconomic, Intellectual tree?

The world needs baggage handlers, garbage collectors, etc., even though they don't approach your lofty heights In Intellect, social and economic standing.

Humility Is a fine quality.

21 hours ago, irwinfc said:

"The airline - that was not named - would not take responsibility..."

why should the airline take responsibility? common sense dictates to keep your valuables with you all the time. i'd say the authorities should even challenge her to prove that she really had that much gold (or whatever that was) in her luggage.

Because they are providing a (overpriced) service.

On 1/27/2017 at 1:20 PM, seahorse said:

A lot of "victim blaming" going on in this thread.

Its not just this thread.

Take a look around the gaff. 

Its everywhere but any thread with rape in the title wont dissapoint.

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Its not just this thread.

Take a look around the gaff. 

Its everywhere but any thread with rape in the title wont dissapoint.

I'm highlighting the fact that this is the case. It is ONLY used in rape threads. Ask yourself why.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:13 PM, Mr0Yallow said:

OK are you pointing the finger at Bangkok Airways or Thai Airways?

Yes.  Slightly less jokey answer.   If the airlines comment about the baggage handlers being a private company is true then it is Thai, if the airline is twisting the truth then it is BA.  Bangkok Airways Ground Services (BAGS) may be a separate company to Bangkok Airways but it is a stretch to say that it is a private company they have nothing to do with.

In saying all that, I know which airline it is.  The only question I am going to leave you with is how did the baggage handler know which bag to open?  Because they don't have time to check every bag manually.  I understand that the Thai language news has more details.

On 1/26/2017 at 10:04 AM, samsensam said:

i inadvertently left a 700 baht mobile phone in my checked in baggage on a flight from krabi to bkk on thai. sure enough it was gone on arrival. i went to thai customer services, they weren't interested saying basically that i should expect a valuable item to be stolen if i leave it in checked in baggage... very professional.

my mistake i guess, but why should the assumption be that items will be nicked when in the custody of thai and/or their sub-contractors?

If it did, in fact, have a battery, they had every right to bin it.  No battery operated equipment is allowed in checked bags any more.

At least that's what 3 different airlines from 3 different countries have told me at Swampy.

On 26/01/2017 at 9:21 AM, NextStationBangkok said:

There could be a network of baggage handlers and their item analyzers in scan machine. One tipped off, and another one ripped off.

Gold is a special material with high density, any baggage scanner can identify gold. Often scanners used to find smuggled gold.

At least this stupid lady used a padlock or number lock for the luggage.

In 15 years, in never lost anything in Suvarnabhumi Airport. Could have happened in Samui, anyway it is a rip-off city.

It opened 2006.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived