Ao Nang ... any tips

SWEYNE67

hi we are a having a family holiday next month and will be based in Ao Nang for about 5 days. Haven't been down there for 10 plus years. Can anyone give me an up date on things to do or not to do. Thinking of taking long tails to Railay, Chicken island and possibly Hong island. many thanks for any comments

• 6 months later...

The tail boat to Railay hasn't changed much.  Scenic with that big limestone cliff in the background.  The entertainment complex across from the beach has some action outside.  I found it pretty quiet there but that is what I was looking for.  Some nice little food places all about serving kickass mano shakes.  All the lady waitresses seemed very pleasant and smiled a lot.  I went there twice.  Once I took the ferry from Phuket pier.  That was fantastic.  Not a long ride but the scenery and water and all the little islands and rock outcroppings you cruise by made it a wonderful trip.  The airport was fine. Took the white bus was it?   Definitely recommend a hotel that has a pool.  That will give you a bit more to do on some days.

Archived