No, Trump isn’t going to let Asians into the US without visa

snoop1130

No, Trump isn’t going to let Asians into the US without visa

By Coconuts Bangkok

download_1_0.jpeg

Photo: Reuters

The U.S. Embassy in Thailand shut down the rumor that the freshly inaugurated POTUS would spare citizens of Asian countries from visa applications.

The official Facebook page of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok posted a short announcement about the fake news. It dismissed a rumor that Donald Trump was going to allow Asian nationals to enter the States without a visa.

“Reports that President Trump ordered that visas will no longer be required for all Asian nationals traveling to the United States are false.”

Full Story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2017/01/26/no-trump-isnt-going-let-asians-us-without-visa

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-1-26

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Reports that President Trump ordered that visas will no longer be required for all Asian nationals traveling to the United States are false.”

Especially if they are of a certain faith.

However, free waterboarding is available, in other countries under his thrall, for such persons...

Although rumours say experienced wall builders are welcomed.

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Especially if they are of a certain faith.

However, free waterboarding is available, in other countries under his thrall, for such persons...

that will teach you to believe false rumors! where did you EVER get the idea that a "person" could enter the U.S. without a visa?  there are two I believe countries that can enter the U.S. without a visa but they are well developed countries, their people are not waiting in line to leave their countries, but if The U,S. ever let the Thai's enter without a vsa, bangkok would be empty!

5 minutes ago, captspectre said:

that will teach you to believe false rumors! where did you EVER get the idea that a "person" could enter the U.S. without a visa?  there are two I believe countries that can enter the U.S. without a visa but they are well developed countries, their people are not waiting in line to leave their countries, but if The U,S. ever let the Thai's enter without a vsa, bangkok would be empty!

Please don't present "alternative facts" here!

27-01-2017 12-16-38 PM.jpg

6 hours ago, djayz said:

Te beginning of the end. 

The land of the free ain't so free no more. 

Its not free to the world why would it be. But once you are allowed a usa passport then you can benifit from making your life in usa. I watch cnn very early every morning. Trump gets my vote if i was an american

Brunei is in Asia, or at least was last time I looked....

Looked at some Pew research regarding illegal aliens in US. Mexicans peaked under Bush 2, have been declining under Obama, who was major deporting president, a fact ignored by left and right. I did note there is growth in numbers of illegal Asians in US.

I've given up on trying to get visa for my Thai partner. At around $160 per head banging against brick wall experience, best to give up. Which is just what they want.

12 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Before the rumour was dismissed.

busy-checkin-counters-at-suvarnabhumi-the-new-airport-in-bangkok-thailand-a4311p.jpg

And after.

43038847-bangkok--jan-5-2010-departure-terminal-of-bangkok-suvarnabhumi-international-airport-in-bangkok-thai.jpg

555555good one. Personally i hope it usa and uk makes it more difficult for thais to get a visa cos of all the crap we have ti take. For the record my thai wife has a 10 year visa for both. Infact for her 3rd usa visa she did not ask for a 10 year visa so thank you usa

And that's a shame. some folks in Shanghai, Singapore and Bangkok maybe have a changed situation somewhat.  maybe.

for most all Thai it don't mean a thing, does it?

maybe for some folks it may, but those are a very few and 'Thai' in name only, not in everyday terms that most folks ever relate to themselves.

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

Two  countries that dont needed  a visa to enter the US one is Canada, and the other I guess is the UK...right?

13 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I  am  on standby ,  Trowel can be active  within  24 hrs .

21 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Two  countries that dont needed  a visa to enter the US one is Canada, and the other I guess is the UK...right?

There are 38 countries around the world that can enter the US without a visa, look at post #8.

9 hours ago, djayz said:

Te beginning of the end. 

The land of the free ain't so free no more. 

Citizens of the US are very free. Also free to choose who they allow to come there.  Good luck if your country extends all its freedoms to your enemies and undesirables in the world. I bet your freedoms won't last doing that.

3 hours ago, captspectre said:

I really must find that sarcasm emoji...

What? Off course asians can´t visit the US without a visa. The question is when he will change all the US-citizens that lives abroad visas. Soon they probably have to be seen as non-patriotic, and have to apply for a visa to get back in to their own country.

5 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

And that is a good thing!

Yeah it's a good thing because in the end we'll all truly be losers. One United Community of Losers. The system is already crumbling and we are in a period of the Robber Barons--Rome fell and we will fall-and that is a good thing. I don't delight in the thought-I just wish it could be done more carefully. 

5 hours ago, captspectre said:

canada is 1 of the visa free countries...

I lived on a border town of Ontario and Michigan. ..2 miles over the Blue Water bridge and you were in th US.

Probably over 1000 times across that bridge. Concerts at CoBo Hall...car shows or just getting a bottle of wine to to park at the river with the the lady.

No passport back then. And the Americans would come over to the bars because the drinking age was lower.

It was a good time back then but I was a young pup. Never had problems with Americans. Got along really well. It was just a good time. I made fun of their accent and they the same of me but all in good fun.

Being all over the US and most people are down to the earth great people.

What? Off course asians can´t visit the US without a visa. The question is when he will change all the US-citizens that lives abroad visas. Soon they probably have to be seen as non-patriotic, and have to apply for a visa to get back in to their own country.

Except that Koreans, Japanese and Taiwanese can...

I hope he continues making it difficult for Thais. Immigration check-ins and police check-ins as they move about the country. Then allow each office to interpret the rules and requirements anyway they want.

The visa screwing should go both ways.

5 hours ago, Grubster said:

Citizens of the US are very free. Also free to choose who they allow to come there.  Good luck if your country extends all its freedoms to your enemies and undesirables in the world. I bet your freedoms won't last doing that.

You are 100% right about that. Every country has/should have the right to choose who they let in. However, moretimes than not it starts with a wall to keep people out, but it seldom ends with just a wall keeping people out (or in?).

6 hours ago, Grubster said:

Very good point!  At least one or two European countries are already feeling the effect.  Several Swedish Nationals, I have spoken to here in Thailand believe their country has been totally ruined by a massive infux of immigrants, creating problems with schools, hospitals and social services to name but a few.  Surely, the UK has made the right decision in exiting the EU despite what will probably be temporary economic consequences.

Archived