Proof of Income Docements

I am now in receipt of my UK State Pension, I also have a Private Pension.

what documents do I need to provide for proof of income for a 'Retirement' Visa.

I receive an Annual Statement for my Private Pension, I have received details about my State Pension but both will be more than 3 months old when I apply for my Extension.

i appreciate both have to verified by the U.K. Embassy in Bangkok.

7 hours ago, jamie2009 said:

I receive an Annual Statement for my Private Pension, I have received details about my State Pension but both will be more than 3 months old when I apply for my Extension.

Don't worry about that. My extension is due in about 4 weeks' time. My evidence of income is the P60's dated last April (apart from my house rental income, where I just send the latest statement). You'll never get another statement of your State Retirement Pension if the DWP knows you're resident abroad, unless the amount changes for some reason. The British Embassy is ok with that.

2 minutes ago, sandgroper2 said:

If you "dont worry about that" and things go pear shape, you gotta start the whole process over again. Try to get proof of income less that 3 months old.

Immigration has no requirement for you to show 3 months of income to apply for an extension. You just need proof you have an income proven by a letter from an embassy.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has no requirement for you to show 3 months of income to apply for an extension. You just need proof you have an income proven by a letter from an embassy.

I never said 3 months proof of income, What I am saying is that dont have the proof of income more than 3 months old, (for the yearly income.). Just playing it safe.

Edited by sandgroper2
add

3 hours ago, sandgroper2 said:

I never said 3 months proof of income, What I am saying is that dont have the proof of income more than 3 months old, (for the yearly income.). Just playing it safe.

The official Immigration rule is that Embassy proof of income letters / statutory declarations should be no older than 6 months. That said, there are 1 or 2 rogue offices which have unofficially prescribed considerably shorter maximum periods - down to 1 month in the case of 1 office of which I am aware (but whose name now escapes me)!

The OP may therefore wish to check with his office whether they are a rogue one (unless he is satisfied from reports on here that they are not).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1